'Trust Me', I Should Have

Not Just for Monday

Choice of Song: I'm in Love by Lee Seung Chul


"." I mute the word under my breath. My neck literally turns stiff then I reluctantly turn to face her. I nod lightly and hoping that she could just leave my alone. As expected, that is just my wishful thinking.

 

"Hi, Jihyo Unnie. Do you still remember me? I'm Do Hae, HAHA Oppa's sister in-law. We met once at the wedding." She said enthusiastically.

 

Oh please, this is absurd. How can I possibly remember each and every one of HAHA Oppa's guests from his wedding. I let jealously takes over my rationality. 

 

Despite of my cold response, she continues. "I'm a rookie actress. I am also a fan of yours."

 

Oh yeah? I shot her a dispassionate face. My facial expression certainly does not look that friendly now. I don't care if it makes me look mannerless, I only manage to force a weak curl at the corner of my lips.

 

"I heard the interview postponed and Gary Oppa was searching for you but couldn't find you. He asked me to check the ladies room." 

 

I did not know about postponement but luckily I will have plenty time to fix my makeup now. What would I do if I were to be in front of the camera in this state. I shake off my terrifying thoughts that feel lively in my imagination immediately. I just hate the fact that of all the people out there, why does it have to be her who relays Oppa's message to me.
 

As if I was anticipating it, I knew this will come and there she goes, "Are you alright, Unnie? Did anything happen?" A look of worries sweep across her face.

 

"No, nothing, everything is fine," I try to reassure her. 

 

"Unnie, I think I saw you outside the waiting room just now, I might be wrong though." She mumbles.

 

I could sense my heart rate rising. I cannot deny I was caught off guard by her unexpected utterance. 


"That's right, I don't mean to eavesdrop but I guess I heard the most interesting part." I reply sourly. 

 

"You heard the story, but you missed out the most important- ending. You should have stay till the end." She says calmly.

 

Omo, did she just provoke me? The flame of anger start to ignite within me. 

 

"Never mind that, you don't have to fill me with those details. Nothing I need to know, really." That is me, trying to protect my last pride, wish to remain cool towards the end. 
 

"Unnie, you gotta listen to me. I would never want to cause any stupid misunderstanding between you two."

 

What is her true motive, how dare she confronts me so easily. Will she gets what she want, by mean of her little smart tricks in ruining our relationship? I feel more suffocating being in the same space together for anytime longer. I dry my hand and plan to exit the washroom but she stops me.

 

"Unnie, I assume your overheard about Gary Oppa at my home the other night. I was supposed to meet HAHA Oppa and Byul Unnie then we ended up drinking together with Gary Oppa. Because his manager was only a few blocks away from my place, so we decide to get a cab and return to my house. After fifteen minutes or so, Gary Oppa's manager came and get him. This is the whole story, I swear," she looks at me with her irresistible puppy eyes, begging me to believe her.

 

"That's all? What's next?" I ask doubtfully, not buying her story, just yet.

 

Her eyes are twinkling and her facial expression has brighten up. "I offered to help him to rest on the bed comfortably cfor awhile as he was so drunk that he could not walk properly." She pauses and her eyes twinkle. "You know what he said even when he was semiconscious? 'Dont touch me, I already have Song Jihyo. Jihyo will get upset. Please leave me alone.' Then, he dozed off at my couch until his manager Hyung picked him up." 
 

As a result, my heart skip a beat as soon as I heard the last part. Suddenly, a mix feelings of guilty and blissfulness contain inside me. It is indeed strange to feel both of these opposing emotions simultaneously. I widen my eyes in disbelief. 

 

She looks at me and nods yes-yes then let out a meaningful laugh. In a snap, I finally come back to all my senses. I understand each and every word clearly enough to realise how thoughtless and foolish I am. 
 

 

"Mian-he, Do Hae-ah. I apologise for being impolite to you just now. Unnie is not usually like that, you know right?" I explain.



"Ara, Unnie don't mind me at all. Although Gary Oppa is a great guy who is full of charms but since I am a Monday CP shipper too..." She gives me a big grin and shots me a love hand sign.



"Aigoo, kyeopta uri Do Hae. Annyeong." I wave then make a hissing sound 'Shh' to her, hoping that this will be just between us.

 

She nods in agreement and gives her promise. "My lips are sealed."



Gomawo, Do Hae-ah. She is indeed a cool girl with a sunny personality. I am going to look for Gary Oppa now.

 

I break my promise to him. I said I would always believe in him. I should have trusted him with all my heart. Besides feeling guilty, I am truly ashamed of myself. There is not a single thing that can stop me from blaming myself.