Without You, It's Me against The World

Not Just for Monday

Choice of Song: You'll Be Alright by BTOB


“Did you see Gary Oppa?” I randomly ask the staffs who are still busy with the preparation for the recording.

 

“No, I didn’t. Sorry.” A young good-looking trainee staff replies shyly without meeting my eyes. I thank him and continue to wander around the set, hoping to find Gary Oppa somewhere. Where is he right now? We have to go through the interview questions together.

 

“Jihyo-ssi, I think I saw him talking inside the waiting room at the back there just now.” I heard a female voice from behind.

 

“You mean the last room at the left? Or right...” I turn around but that person already take off before I manage to ask her. “Oh never mind, I will just try and look for myself. Did she just say the last waiting room there?”

 

I walk down the hallway and there are two waiting rooms at the very end. I notice the door is closed. As I try to knock on it, I heard Oppa voice coming from the next room across. As I approach nearer, I can clearly hear the laughters and also an unfamiliar voice of another woman.

 

The door is left few inches open. I am supposed to push through the door and greet them casually. Instead, I peek into the room without making a sound. Oppa looks like having a fun time talking to her. Does Oppa smile so cheerfully to all girls? He should totally fix this bad habit of his. Is he always used to being around girls this comfortably? I can't help but wonder.

 

I take a step back and prepare to make my entrance. I brush through my wavy hair and let them fall nicely in place then take a deep breath. I laugh at myself for being so awkward. But something else distract me. Their conservation has started to draw my interest. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I just happen to overheard this part of the conversation. Is this a drama scene or a hidden camera? Suspicious questions begin to pile up in my head.

 

"Oppa, did you get home safely that day when you left my house at dawn?" She said calmly.

 

"I'm sorry. I hope I didn't not cause any inconvenience to you, did I??" Oppa feel apologetic and slightly uneasy.

 

"Of course not, I asked you to sleep comfortably on the bed but you dozed off on my couch."

 

"Uh-oh, I was too drunk that night. I can't seem to remember what happened. S-sorry, if I was rude or acted inappropriately." Gary Oppa apologises while lowering his head.

 

"Oppa! You are such a bad guy! You don't remember a thing?! How could you...," she exclaims, crossing her arms showing disappointment.

 

What did I just hear? I am stunned and my leg won't move. My heart starts to pound fast but my head gets light. Both of my knees give out and I stumble and lean against the wall behind me.

 

Their voice fade out and eventually I can't hear anything but the sound of my own breathing and heartbeat. I quickly back off and hide behind the corner of the wall. It is strange because I do not want to be noticed nor I can walk into that room and interrupt them. 'What am I doing here? Why am I hiding away?' I keep asking myself questions that I do not have answers for.

 

As I start to feel the strength in my legs again, I rush to the washroom out of breath. Finally I break down into tears as the echo of their voice talking just now keeps playing back behind my mind. How could Gary Oppa even betray my trust when I believed in him so much? This just proves that all guys are similar, and I should not naively thought that he will be the exeption. I am not the usual kind of girls that will cry their heart out over guys but I just cannot accept he did this behind my back. Why, Gary Oppa? It breaks my heart. It feels awful, this disappointmnet is definitely beyond words. When you get betrayed by a guy like Gary Oppa, whatelse remain behind, nothing. It will be like you against the whole world- drowning in solitude and sorrow.

 

My eyeliners smudge, black mascara blotches on my cheeks. My makeup is all over the place. I look pretty messed up and cannot bear to watch myself in the mirror. I rub really hard to wash away my ruined makeup. At time like this, I wish I did not use the waterproof type because it does not come off easily without applying any makeup remover. Then, someone pushes through the door. I panic and literally cover half of my face up with my hand, still trying to clean the residue of my eyeliners that smeared around my eyes. The last thing I want is to be noticed, definitely not when I am in such a messy situation.

 

To my worst luck, it irritates me even more when I peek and notice it is that attractive flirty girl from earlier just now who walks in. I can't believe this. Do I really have to see her here now? Very, very bad timing as I am still in middle of cleaning my own mess. Seriously, I don't have time for more dramas. I scream in fury and frustration inside.

 

"Eh? Jihyo..Unnie?"

 

 

 

* Merry Christmas 2014.^^ It is a tradition for my Xmas Special update every year but it is not completely done yet for now. So, come back again 'tomorrow' (it has already passed 12 am though). I promise. *