Love is Possible, Loved by The Impossible

Not Just for Monday

Choice of Song: Diamond by Soyou

 

"Here," you gently hand me a tissue.

 

Everything is just so natural when I am with you. When I cry, you grab a tissue for me. When I break down, you are there to fetch me. When I get emotional out of the blue, you tolerate and show understanding and patience towards me. I know I should not take for-granted on you. It has became a habit of mine to lean on you.

 

You do not seem hasty to ask, the carefreeness shows on your face. I feel grateful and grin at you, remembering that is another thing I am so attracted to you - your peaceful and lighthearted personality.

 

"We have been through a lot, didn't we, Oppa?" I finally calm myself down. I cannot bring myself to believe we have gone through all those difficult times in this relationship. I thought it would not be that struggling, but things never seemed simple for us.


"Yes, and I know we'll get through all that together," you say confidently then smile cheerfully like a little kid.


"Oppa, I'm really curious about one thing." In fact, I become even more curious after what have happened recently and so I feel an urge to ask Gary Oppa personally.


Without any hesitant, you nod as if you are ready to answer any of my questions.


"You see...," I start off weak, "how come you never get jealous of me with other guys like Jong Suk or even just now with Dong Wook?" I quickly cover up my cheeks with my hands that are slowly turning red. I hope Oppa would not see through me and reckon it is the effect from the soju I drank.


But I am too naive in believing that I can get away from the eye of the man in front me. You look at me with the corner of your eyes and smirk sneakily. I bet you already knew I am blushed when I ask you this. I am so embarrassed that I would fake myself passing out right there, right now.

 

"You know I had, like most of the time," you widen your eyes and pretend to sound serious.


"No, not that. I mean for real, R-E-A-L!" I pronounce it in a sarcastic manner, knowing that you will get what I actually mean.

 

I think Oppa really enjoy making fun of me whenever I brought up these topics. It must be quite entertaining for him to see me with my awkward reactions.

 

I believe girls can certainly understand and relate, how we feel when your guy is being protective over you. He wants every other guy to stay away from you. He would let other men know that you are his girl. Don't all girls find guys cute especially when they get jealous. It is the feeling of being cherished or loved.

 

"You asking 'why'...," Oppa is staring blankly for a moment and says, "The most simple way to put this is because I know you love me."

 

"What, that's it? Because I love you, so you will never get jealous?" I am puzzled.

 

"Okay, let me try this again. If you are attracted to pretty boys, you won't go out with me. If you like taller man, you won't choose me. If you fancy dating cool actor, you won't date me in the first place. How could I get jealous of them when you apparently already love me for all my weaknesses."

 

"Oppa..." I try to call out with my trembling voice. At time like this, I wonder how could Gary Oppa get to understand me better than myself sometimes.

 

"Actually, I never thought we would be together for real. I was looking at you all the time and never left. I wish that one day soon you will turn your back and see me still waiting on you. My dream had already came true the day when you promised to be my girl."

 

Gary Oppa tilts his head down then back up. He quickly adjust the angle of his snapback. I immediately realise that is his little gesture that he does when he gets slightly ashamed.
 

"You are such a glamorous actress who are out of my league. But I know you are just different from any other girls I met before. I never thought I could greedily have you all by my own. The fact that you love me back...love by a person like you. This love becomes possible because I am loved by the impossible."

"I-I am the impossible...," I mutter under my breath.

I did not see this coming that Oppa would make a surprise confession like this to me. His honest confession has utterly moved me to tears. Looking at this guy sitting right in front of me now, I know it would be impossible for me to find someone like him, ever. How could he not know that.


"Gary Oppa, that is a foul." I complain. It is so unfair that he always does the little sweet things alone while I am the only one endlessly receiving them.

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! This is definitely a bad habit for me to be more motivated to write when there are new subscribers and comments. Aw, and I realised I tend to potray Gary into a person who is so caring, understanding and romantic at the same time. I think I must have made him looks really good in my story. Hahaz!!
Thank you for reading!