16

The Best Friend Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sixteen

 

Jessica's POV

 

I opened the balcony door and quickly engulfed him in a tight hug. It's like he knew I needed him right now and so he showed up.

 

“Sica I..” He began but I cut him off by pressing our lips together. Our kiss was heated and passionate. We only broke apart when our lungs were screaming and begging for air.

 

“What was that for?” He asked after we parted, foreheads still glued together.

 

“I just missed you that's all.” I answered.

 

“Aigoo~ I missed you too.” He smiled and cupped my face, but then his smile turned into a frown when he noticed my red and slightly puffy eyes, and not to mention the fact that I still had some tears in my eyes.

 

“Sica, what happened, why did you cry?” He worriedly asked while he wiped away my tears with his thumb.

 

“Hmm? Oh I just had a nightmare that's all.” I smiled.

 

“What was it about?” He asked while wrapping his hands around my waist.

 

Should I tell him? Or not?

 

I bit my lower lip still trying to decide whether I tell him not.

 

“Sica, want to go somewhere with me?” He suddenly asked.

 

“Go where and why this late?” I asked.

 

“It's secret and just because.” He winked.

 

“Arraso let's go. Wait for me here I'll just change really quick.” I smiled and gave him a quick peck before putting on some jeans and blouse and cardigan.

 

“Ready to go?” He smiled.

 

“Yup, let's go.” I hugged his arm heading towards the bedroom door but he didn't budge.

 

“Yoongie the door's that way.” I laughed and pointed towards my bedroom door.

 

“I know, but I was thinking we can be like romeo and juliet and climb down instead.” He laughed.

 

“Ehh~~ but that's too much work.” I complained. This outfit isn't really made for tree climbing.

 

“Oh C'mon Sica~ I've always wanted to do this. Besides why do you think I went through your balcony instead of the front door?” He wiggled his eyebrows teasingly.

 

“I see, okay then, but wait Yoongie, before we go, what exactly are you doing here?” I asked him, after my brain finally realized that it's past midnight and here he is standing in front of me.

 

“I don't know myself, I woke up and just felt that I had to come here. That you needed me.” He smiled.

 

He really is my knight in shining armor. My protector. My Prince. Because when I need him, he magically appears.

 

“Well your right.” I whispered, but I guess he heard me.

 

“Sica, is this about your nightmare?” He looked at me and I cutely nodded my head.

 

“Sica, when we get to our destination, I want you to tell me all about your nightmare okay? I can't stand seeing my little ice princess like that.” He smiled and gave me a quick squeeze while I nodded my head in his chest.

 

Yoong and I climbed down the tree, well more like, Yoong carried me down the tree. Don't ask me how he managed to do that, because I was surprised too.

 

We got in his car and he drove off. After driving for a while I noticed that we got further away from the city.

 

“Yoongie where are we going?” I asked.

 

“You'll see we're almost there.” He replied, eyes still focused on the road.

 

After 10 or so more minutes, Yoong parked his car and we both got down.

 

“Yoongie what is this place?” I asked as he intertwined our fingers and led me up a dirt path.

 

“Don't worry you'll like it.” He smiled.

 

After 5 minutes of walking I began to get tired.

 

“Yoongie-ah~ my feet are tired, carry me.” I whined, pouted, and held my hands out like a child.

 

Hey don't make fun of me okay, walking up a steep path for more than 5 minutes is no joke.

 

“Hehe arraso, climb aboard, my lazy princess.” He chuckled before he bent down and I climbed onto his back.

 

I love this. I love it when he carries me on his back like this. It's too comfortable that it feels like I'm in bed. Usually I end up falling asleep on his back, but during this night I didn't. I was wide awake. While he was walking I couldn't help but stare at his soft gentle feature, though it was only his side profile, you can still see his gentleness. After a while I rested my head on his back, trying to see if I can hear his heartbeat from here. Yoong's back is definitely one of my favorite places and I, Jessica Jung Sooyeon, is the sole owner of this spot.

 

“Yoongie am I too heavy, if you want I can just walk again.” I said even though I don't want to get down but I felt bad because the trail was getting pretty steep and he's been carrying me for a while.

 

“It's okay Sica, your as light as a feather so just stay still. Besides I feel like it's better to have you on my back then you walking, because you might end up hurting yourself.” He said and turned his head to face me, our noses quickly brushing together before he smiled and turned his attention back onto the dirt path.

 

“Okay if you say so, and just for the record, I'm not as clumsy as Tiff.” I puffed my cheeks though he couldn't see it.

 

“Haha arraso, now stop puffing your cheeks, your making me want to pinch them.” He laughed.

 

“Eh?! How did you know I was puffing my cheeks?”

 

“Because I know everything about you.” Was his short and sweet reply.

 

“Yoongie, when did you become such a cheesy sweet talker?”

 

“I don't know I think it began when you and I were put together.”

 

Aigoo~ he is too cute, why is he being so cheesy and sweet right now?
 

“Hehe arraso, but Yoongie are we there yet?” I asked.

 

“Almost just a few more meters.”

 

And he was right, after a couple more meters we arrived and the view was absolutely breath taking. It was a scenic view of Seoul and it was amazing.

 

“Wow, the view is amazing.” I smiled and he gently put me down.

 

I ran towards the platform and took in the wonderful view in front of me.

 

“I knew you'd like it. I know how much you love this type of view.” He said as he back hugged me, causing me to automatically rest my head on his shoulder.

 

“Is this why you brought me here?” I asked still looking out in front of us.

 

“That, and I had something to say, but before that, tell me about your nightmare.”

 

“Arraso.” I replied and told him every detail of the horrid dream.

 

“Yoongie, promise me that dream won't become a reality.” I said turning around and burying my face in his chest while tightly holding onto him.

 

Yoong's POV

 

After listening to Jessica talk about her nightmare. I felt my heart drop. Now I know that I can't hide the truth from her, because she subconsciously knew it.

 

But right now I need to comfort her and then I can tell her. I hope she trusts in me.

 

“Don't worry my princess, that won't ever become a reality, because your the only girl that I will ever think of spending my whole life with.” I assured her tightening my hold around her.

 

We stayed like that for a bit until Jessica lifted her head.

 

“So what did you want to tell me?” She asked while cutely tilting her head towards the side.

 

“Sica, if I asked you to run away with me, would you come?”

 

“Hmm, why would we run away?” She asked

 

“It's just a hypothetical question.” I smiled.

 

“Well, if you asked me right now to run away with you, I wouldn't go.”

 

My heart dropped when she said that.

 

“Why not? Don't you love me?” I pouted.

 

“Of course I love you silly, but if we had to run away just to be together that means that we haven't really solved the problem, we just ran away from it, which means that it can still come to us. So instead of running away with you, I'd rather hold your hand, stand by your side, and fight for us.” She honestly revealed.

 

Wow I never knew Jessica can be like this. She really has become more mature, even though I spend all my time with her, I haven't seen this side of her.

 

“I love you.” I smiled and leaned down, capturing her oh so kissable lips.

 

“I love you too. Now tell me why you asked me about running away, because I know you and you don't just ask hypothetical questions out of the blue like that.” She squinted her eyes.

 

Aish~ I also forgot how observant this girl is. Oh well it's now or never.

 

“Sica, you remember how I told you about my arrangement with Seohyun right.”

 

“Yup, and you said it was cancelled.” She said while cutely nodding her head.

 

“*Sigh* Well you know how Seohyun and I talked earlier right?”

 

“Yes, you said that I had nothing to worry about, but right now, I'm really worried, what exactly are you trying to say?” She asked looking me in the eye with her beautiful hazel eyes.

 

I really can't hide anything from her.

 

“Before I tell you, promise you won't freak out or run away.” I said holding my pinky out.

 

“Okay I promise.” She replied and locked our pinkies.

 

“Now spill.” She glared.

 

“Sica, my engagement with Seohyun isn't cancelled. Mr. Seo refuses to cancel it.” I revealed.

 

“What?!?! Then why did you say it was?” She asked her eyes starting to glisten.

 

“I know what I said and I thought it was cancelled too, but Seohyun told me earlier that her father refuses to cancel it because it was a promise and promises aren't suppose to be broken.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter