14

The Best Friend Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fourteen

 

Jessica's POV


 

“Yoong, Princess, I want you guys to meet Seo Juhyun and Jung Yonghwa.” My dad introduced the two strangers.


 

“Annyeonghaseyo Im Yoong-imnida, but you can just call me Yoong.” Yoong politely bowed to the two and nudged me to do the same.


 

“Annyeonghaseyo Jessica Jung-imnida, but just call me Jessica.” I coldly introduced myself after noticing how that Seo Juhyun girl keeps staring at MY Yoong lovingly.


 

“Ah Dae and like Mr. Jung said, my name is Seo Juhyun, but please just call me Seohyun.” The girl introduced herself to us, or more like at Yoong.


 

“And I'm Jung Yonghwa, but just call me Yonghwa.” The guy quickly introduced himself.


 

After we all got the formalities out of the way I finally questioned what the hell is going on.


 

“Daddy, why did you call us here?” I asked.


 

“Actually Princess, we only needed Yoong here right now.” My dad said.


 

“Then why did uncle Im say we were both needed?” I questioned.


 

“Because maybe you can help Seung Hun convince Yoong.” My dad smiled.


 

“Convince Yoong to?” I asked.


 

Yoong's POV


 

I have a very very bad feeling about this. And I don't think Jessica should be here.


 

“Uncle Jung.” I interrupted before uncle can answer Jessica's question.


 

“Yes, Yoong what is it?” He asked me.


 

“Since I am the only one that should be here, shouldn't we be talking at our house instead of yours?” I asked.


 

“Actually that was the plan, but your appa and I were in the middle of a discussion when Yonghwa and Seohyun arrived so they came here instead.” Uncle Jung explained.


 

Oh so that's why.


 

“Daddy can you answer my question now?” Jessica interrupted us.


 

“Sica, why don't you go to your room first, I'll meet you there after okay?” I interrupted again, and received a very scary glare from her.


 

“No. I'm staying.” She crossed her arms.


 

“Sica please, I promise I'll tell you all about it later.” I smiled. I don't know why, but a part of me is telling myself to make sure Jessica doesn't hear what my appa will say.


 

“Okay, but I'll be waiting for the explanation.” She said and walked away.


 

Once she left, I turned my attention back to Uncle Jung, Appa, Yonghwa, and Seohyun.


 

“Appa, tell me what is really going on here.” I firmly stated.


 

“Yoong would it be alright with you if you moved in with Seohyun and Yonghwa?” Appa asked me.


 

“What?! Move in with them?! But appa I don't know them that well, plus why should I? Also, I'm suppose to be going to California this friday remember?”


 

“Yoong, Seohyun and Yonghwa are new in town so they don't have any friends, and wouldn't you want to spend some time with your fiance? Also your cousin Hyoyeon will take care of the hotel in California so you wouldn't have to worry.” Appa smiled, but all I heard was Fiance.


 

What the hell is this? Since when did I have a fiance?


 

“Wait, appa, did you just say fiance?!?!?!” I stood up.


 

“Yes, you and Seohyun are arranged to be married.”


 

“What?! Then what about Yonghwa? Why is he here?”


 

“Yonghwa is Seohyun's best friend and until you two are comfortable with each other he will stay.”


 

“Appa, I never agreed to this, plus I already have someone in my heart.” I revealed.


 

“You do? Who is it?” Appa questioned. I looked at my appa and at Uncle Jung their eyes curious to who the girl is.


 

“Appa, Uncle Jung, Sica and I are dating.” I smiled.


 

“I see, since when?” Appa asked me, while Uncle jung had a wide grin on his face.


 

“Since yesterday.”


 

“Hmm I see, but since you guys just got together it will be easier for you to tell her about your arrangement and end things.” Appa said with seriousness.


 

“No appa I can't do that. I've been in love with her since the accident and it took me this long to tell her how I feel and I'm not going to let her go now.” I firmly fought.


 

“Yoong, I understand and can see how much you really care for my daughter.” Uncle Jung suddenly spoke up. “But Yoong, you should also listen to your dad's wish.” He continued.


 

“I'm sorry uncle, appa, I can't do that. I'm willing to be Seohyun's friend but I won't let Sica go.” I firmly stated and ran out of the mansion.


 

Author's POV


 

After Yoong ran out, Mr. Im and Mr. Jung were both shocked.


 

“I guess he really loves your daughter James.” Mr. Im said.


 

“Yes he does and Seung Hun I think I'm going to support him. So good luck convincing him.” Mr. Jung smiled.


 

“Okay James, I'll respect your decision.” Mr. Im smiled at his best friend before turning his attention to the two kids that have been sitting awkwardly.


 

“Seohyun, I'm sorry about my son. I'm sure he'll come to eventually.” Mr. Im smiled.


 

“Um, Mr. Im, I also agree with Yoong. I think that this arrangement is too much, I didn't even know why my father sent me here and now that I know why, I can't go through with it.” Seohyun revealed.


 

“But Seohyun, your father and I have had this arrangement for a while now, and I don't think your father will back out from it.”


 

“Mr. Im, I will talk to my father about this, but I sincerely hope that Yoong and I can still be friends.” Seohyun smiled.


 

“Okay Seohyun, if that is your decision, so will you return to New York or will you stay here?”


 

“Well, my father already transferred Yonghwa and I to the high school here, so we will stay.”


 

“I see” Mr. Im nodded his head.


 

“Now if you excuse us Mr. Im, Mr. Jung, Yonghwa and I must go, we still need to unpack our things and rest.” Seohyun bowed before one of the maids came and escorted the two out.


 

“Are you really going to disobey your father?” Yonghwa asked when the two were inside the car.


 

“Yonghwa, I don't want to but I have to. Yoong and I don't know each other that well and having an arranged marriage is to old school anyways. Plus, I sincerely want to win his heart.” Seohyun smiled.


 

“Wait? Don't tell me you fell for him at first sight.” Yonghwa laughed but stopped when he noticed the blush on her face.


 

“Yonghwa I think I did.” Seohyun blushed even more.


 

“But Seo, he already has a girlfriend.”


 

“I know, but it's not like they're married yet, so I still have a chance to win his heart. You'll help me right Yonghwa?”


 

“*sigh* I won't have a choice right? But please promise me you'll play fair.” Yonghwa stuck his pinky finger out.


 

“Yes, I promise I'll play fair.” Seohyun smiled and locked her pinky with his.


 

Yoong's POV


 

I ran out of the Jung's mansion not knowing where to go. But again my feet took me to Taeng's grave. It seems like whenever I have trouble, I always end up here.


 

“Hey buddy, I'm here again, and I didn't bring anything again, sorry, but guess what.” I smiled and took a seat on the grass.


 

“Sica and I are officially together now, but then appa tells me I'm suppose to marry this girl.”


 

“Her name is Seo Juhyun, but she likes to be cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter