They Did

Back to him?

Basically now that I’m also working with the WGM team, I mainly am to dress Hyukjae appropriate for dates and occasionally dress them both when they need to go on stage for the show. Thankfully I need not be with them throughout their filming as I have other Suju members to ‘take care’ of. Thankfully I say, because as far as I can accept Hyukjae being on the show, I doubt I want to witness him rejoicing with other women.

It was the first day of WGM filming. At our home, I did Hyukjae’s make up and dressed him in a black skinny jean, a simple white top with a royal blue coat over, completed with a silver necklace and some black converse and sent him off at the door.

“Kay, bye babe.” He said as he kissed me on the forehead.

I pouted as I held onto his sleeve, refusing to let him go. He tried pulling away slightly to see if I would budge, I wouldn’t.

He then lifted up my chin and kissed me rather passionately on the lips, and pulled away quickly.

“We shall continue this later.” He winked as he pointed at his lips. I chuckled and nodded. Then off he went.

As usual, I went to my own office over at SM. Throughout the entire day; I had several encouraging texts from other members saying ‘Hwaiting!’ and what not. I appreciated their text, but the person I wanted to receive a text from most was still Hyukjae…

Work ended and I threw my tired body on the bed. Rolling over onto my tummy, I checked my phone for the 10th time in the past hour and still no text from him. I sighed and continued with my night routine.

At half past 10, I heard the front door opening and immediately knew it was Hyukjae. Excitedly, I ran towards him and jumped into his embrace.

“Aww Hyomi ah, did you miss me that much??” Hyukjae asked as he hugged me.

“Of course!!” I replied. Now that I think of it, why did I miss Hyukjae so much today, its normal for me not to see him for a day or two due to his schedule but this time, the hours went by so slowly. Maybe its because its WGM, which girl wouldn't be affected to know that their boyfriends are out with other girls, right?

He laughed and handed me a TLJ box.

“I stopped by mom’s shop and got you your favorite creamy milk bread. So please forgive me for not contacting you today.” He said as he hugged me from the back.

“Have you eaten? Shall I make you something?” I asked smiling, signaling that I’m not mad.

“Oh… err, its okay, I’ve eaten already.” He stuttered slightly.

Sensing something fishy, I asked whom he had taken dinner with.

“With Ji Eun… ” He replied and ran into the bathroom quickly. 

After approximately 20 minutes, Hyukjae came out of the shower with only his boxers on, drying his hair. And I was already tugged into bed, reading a book before I fall asleep.

Hyukjae then threw on his pajamas and sat on the other side of the bed. He sat still, not moving an inch for roughly 2 minutes. I thought he was having his little quiet time praying so I left him alone and totally immerse myself into reading.

Hyukjae’s POV: (All in Thoughts)

Oh my gosh, what should I do?! What should I do?!!

Should I not have said I ate with Ji Eun?

Why is Hyomi so silent??

Is it because I called Ji Eun by name?

Should I have added ‘ssi’?

Or should I have called her IU?

GOSH, this is killing me. Why isn’t she caring me one bit??

End of Hyukjae’s POV

From the corner of my eye, I saw Hyukjae crawling under the blanket slowly as if he was afraid or something. When I sense all movement has subsided, I realized Hyukjae was beside me, not only was he merely beside me, but also he was leaving 0% gap between us, it’s like ants to sugar.

I gently place my book down and asked awkwardly.

“Yes?”

I swear I thought he wanted to continue this morning’s kiss but was too shy to ask.

“Baby, don't be angry. I’ll not eat with Ji Eun anymo- ssi, Ji Eun ssi, anymore.” He said as he coiled our hands together.

I turned my head slightly and saw a really depressed, frowning, pouting Hyukjae. I cannot believe he thought I was angry with such small matter.

“You can just call her Ji Eun or IU or with ssi or whatever you want. I don't mind. Also, I was never angry with you or anything. Don't worry.  I understand it’s for work.” I explained.

Hyukjae pulled away and stared at me blankly.

“You’re not mad?” he asked.

“No” I replied.

“Really?” he asked.

“Yea. I trust you, remember?” I replied, referring to his past scandal occurrence.

“Aigoo! Then why were you so quiet earlier? You scared me to death! I thought we were gonna have another quarrel.” He said as he heaved a sigh of relieve.

“I was reading! Weren’t you praying? And, yah! We don't quarrel much okay.” I clarified.

“Anyway, thanks for being so understanding Hyomi ah~” Hyukjae said as he pinched my cheeks.

“Just make sure it doesn't happen too often. It’s already hard enough for me to see you everyday so be sure to come home as often as you can. And from now on, you are to call me once a day!” I demanded not harshly.

Even though I wasn’t all too happy about Hyukjae going out with Ji Eun ssi, but at least Hyukjae is aware that I may actually get angry if he does certain things, that shows that he was still concern about my feelings. Furthermore its not all bad, I got to cross off one thing from my bucket list- to have Hyukjae call me everyday.