First Shift

Back to him?

 

Hello people:) So, I have decided to change the female's character name to Hyomi! sorry for the sudden change! :(

________________

 

It was striking 1 and I was beyond excited about my new job over at 'After 1'. 

 

Quivering with excitement, I quickly hopped onto a bus, and headed for work. 

 

Throughout the entire shift, things were going pretty well. The customers were fantastic, friendly and fun to be with. I enjoyed myself very much here, it's almost as if I wasn't even working but just hanging out with a bunch of really awesome strangers. 

 

But having said so, at the end of the shift, I could definitely feel the pain spreading from my feet to the spinal area, making them really sore.

 

It was nearing the time that Hyukjae said he'd come, so when I ended my shift, I gathered my belongings and waited for him outside 'After 1'.

 

After 30 mins, before me, came a gorgeous white Porsche with side windows tainted black, which was then wind down slightly as it braked. Oh, it's Hyukjae. And so I hopped on. 

 

"Hey you're early." He smiled. 

 

"No, you're late." I shot back. 

 

"Aww, Who made my princess grumpy?" He teased as he lightly pinched my chin. 

 

"I'm sorry Hyukjae ah, I'm just really tired." I explained as I rubbed my temples. 

 

"Oh..." He replied. 

 

He then, leaned nearer and adjusted the seat down for me. 

 

"Why not you start getting some rest" he smiled. 

 

I nodded. "Wake me up when we reach, okay?" 

 

How lucky I am to have such a caring boyfriend. I know he is tired as well, but this time, I'm exhausted. So instead of accompanying him through the drive, I decided to take a little nap. 

 

Mmm, Gucci's gentlemen only cologne. I love this scent. Wait, this doesn't feel right, something's beating beside my ear and my legs are dangling in air. My is landing on something, soft.

 

I then spread my eyes open forcefully.

 

"Oh sorry, did I wake you?" 

 

It was Hyukjae, I was in our room, on our bed. Oh, Hyukjae carried me. 

 

"We're home already? Was the mall closed?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. 

 

He chuckled and lifted his left hand which held a matte white bag with a silver apple logo. "Nope". 

 

"You bought it without me?" I was slightly upset. 

 

"I'm sorry baby, I just couldn't let myself wake you." He said. 

 

"So which model did you get from Apple?" I asked. 

 

"5. Two iPhone 5s." He said as he pulled them out. 

 

"One for you and the other for me! Now, we have couple cellphones." He said as he did a little of his happy dance. 

 

"Hyukjae ah, why are you wasting your hard earned money? I have a perfectly workable phone right now." 

 

"Nothing is wasted when it's spend on you." He smiled and ruffled my hair. 

 

Together, we then started updating our new phones. Syncing in photos, songs, contacts. And lastly, we both took a picture of Jaemi, the monkey toy and set it as our wallpaper. 

 

Since Hyukjae couldn't have a picture of me as wallpaper due to his overwhelming popularity, we both agreed on Jaemi. 

 

Then after, we both showered and since we were both really worn out, we huddled up in bed, sound asleep.

 

The next morning, everything went back to its usual routine- 

Hyukjae wakes up before me and leaves for work. 

I wake up feeling guilty, then too leave for work. 

Sometimes, when we both are at home feeling really tired, after having a quick and simple dinner I prepared, we would knock off. 

 

This routine never changes, not even for Saturday Sundays because, Hyukjae has busy schedules and I need my weekends to rest since exhaustion kept pilling day by day. 

 

Of course, the thought of quitting my job has hit my mind before. But, I love my job, and it would just leave me to square with loneliness as Hyukjae is almost never home or home really late, I would be as bored as ever. 

 

How I wish there would be a perfect solution to fix this. 

 

****

"Sorry for disturbing." I said as I slowly opened the door leading to Super Junior's dressing/ waiting room. 

 

"OHHH! It's our future sis-in-law!!" The members shouted in unison. 

 

"Tsk, shut it." Hyukjae said, trying his best to hide his gummy smile as he lightly hit the youngest's head and came forward to me planting a peck on my cheeks. 

 

"Ohhhhh~" they cheered. 

 

"Hello everyone, it's Hyomi." I blushed. It was slightly awkward since it's been quite a long time we last meet as a group. 

 

Each member then warmly welcomed me and gestured me to have a seat. 

 

It was SS5 Seoul day 1. 

 

Hyukjae has specially gotten a ticket for me to see the concert. But instead of just walking in as a fan, I decided to drop by backstage to deliver my support. 

 

As we were all crowding in the dressing/waiting room chit chatting, in came their manager along with a terrible news. 

 

It has seem to be that their makeup artist has gotten food poisoning after having shared the same meal, and are now being sent to the hospital. 

 

So apparently, they have no one to help apply makeup on them professionally, and the show starts in less than an hour, phoning a new makeup artist would be too time consuming. 

 

All members gaped at their manager with their bare face, speechless. 

 

"Erm, I could help..." I interrupted them while in the midst of confusion. 

 

I was a stylist, a professionally trained stylist, that includes makeup. I could attain the perfect look for each of them just by looking at their stage outfits. And so, their manager and themselves had entrusted me to fill in as their makeup artist. 

 

In the end, throughout the entire super show I was backstage busy touching up their makeup and never a second within the audience. 

 

But, I was jubilant that the show was a success and everyone was really satisfied with their performance, I was also really elated to know that I was of help to them. 

 

The staff members thanked me for 'saving their show' and one even said that I could jolly well just join SS5 as a makeup artist for the boys. 

 

"That's true!" Hyukjae litted up. 

 

"No, I'm sure he's just joking." I laughed. 

 

"Actually, he might not be. You could really join us if you'd like. It would be a big help to us too." Mr. Manager said. 

 

"And we would have much more time together!" Hyukjae added excitedly. 

 

After 3 seconds of consideration, and after much assurance that I would be most welcomed, by the boys. 

 

"I am deeply humbled to be able to work with you all, please take care of me while I'm here." I said, agreeing to the job offer. 

 

"Yay!!!" Hyukjae and the boys cheered. 

 

Oh and yes, the crew and idols that are close to super junior are aware of the relationship between Hyukjae and I.

__________________

Hello, so sorry for not posting recently!! I'm SORRY! 

Hope you like this chapter!!!!

Leave a comment before reading other stories ya? :)