Who Got Married

Back to him?

It was just another typical day at work, flipping through different fashion magazines to get inspiration for Super Junior’s comeback. All was going really well with this job, my mind could flourish up magnificent designs and I was getting the hang of styling the boys and coming up with ideas with their new costumes. 

Just as I was about to pick up my pencil and sketch away, Super Junior’s manager stepped into the department and dropped me an envelope containing my assignment. This is usually how I get to know what I was supposed to be designing for particularly.

“Sorry Hyomi, it’s fixed.” He said as he walked off with a pity look on his face.

Puzzled, I picked up the envelope and the words ‘We Got Married’ was slapped right into my face. Part of me was really excited as I’ve never worked with the WGM team before and another part of me was curious on whom, of the boys, was going on WGM. I pulled out the papers in the envelope and there was a whole bunch of words on it but as I scanned through it, only these few contexts caught my eyes.

We Got Married New Couple:

Lee Eunhyuk (Super Junior) & Lee Ji Eun (IU)

:

:

:

Stylist In charge: Jung Hyomi

At first I wanted to scream my heads off for help because I didn't think I could handle the news, but I was surprised by my own reaction. I took it really well. I guess I understood that this new pairing does attract audience, which is important to Hyukjae as he is an idol and since Hyukjae had previously shared he was a fan of IU’s on variety shows, thus perfect to collaborate the two on WGM.

It was nearing 8 o’clock and I just received a text from Mr. Manager saying that the boys would end their dance practice soon for the day and so I packed my stuff and headed for the dance practice rooms.

I walked into their practice room and they were still dancing and so I decided to plant myself on the floor next to their bags. Mr. Manager then walked to me and pats me on the shoulder. “Hey, you okay? Im sorry I couldn't do anything about it.

I smiled at him and replied, “Oh no, don't worry about it. I’m fine, thank you.”

He then bend down to me and told me something…

“I know, and I will.” I said back to him.

Finally the dancing stopped; they were able to go off now. After they greeted the choreographer goodbye, they lifelessly collapsed to the ground grasping for air, they were all so tired and so was Hyukjae.

“Hey babe.” Hyukjae said after he gulped down mouths of water and crumpled to the ground with his head on my lap. I could tell that he know that I know about the WGM news. He wasn't able to look at me directly in the eye, he didn't give me my hello kiss neither did he ruffle my hair like he usually would. I am a 1000% sure he think that I am pissed about the news.

“Aww, Hyukjae ah, shall I drive tonight? You look exhausted.” I offered as I wiped off his perspiration with napkins, pretending like I knew nothing. And he played along.

“No its okay, you’re tired too, aren’t you?” he said as he pinched my cheeks a little. 

So we drove home and everything went on as usual. We showered, made dinner together, ate together, catch a little TV together and finally, while we were on the bed getting ready to sleep, he talked about the WGM thing.

“Hyomi ah, I don't know if you already know about the-”

“I do” I cut him off.

“You do? And that you’re our stylist?”

“Yup, I do too.” I replied.

“Don't be mad Hyomi ah. I couldn't do anything about it, I’m sorry. I tried to convince the producers but-”

“It’s okay.” I said.

“It is?” He asked.  I nodded.

“Aren’t you mad? Worried? Jealous?” He tried to confirm.

“I was but I understand that this is your job and things like that are inevitable. It’s okay.” I smiled.

Instantly, Hyukjae revealed his gummy smile and brought me in for a hug.

“Thank you for being so understanding.” He said.

“Furthermore, Mr. Manager told me something that made me even more agreeable to this.” I said.

“What did he tell you?” He asked.

“Well he said, trust Hyukjae, you know he loves you.” I said.  Mr. Manager’s little advice really helped me a lot in accepting the fact that Hyukjae’s schedule for the next year or so would be to play husband and wife with this other totally gorgeous women. And that there might be times where I’d even have to give in certain special occasions with Hyukjae because of this show. But I told myself I could do it because I trust Hyukjae and I love him too.