Juri

Back to him?

 

*Ding Dong~* 

"Coming!" I heard faintly from the other side of the door. It swung open and there stood Juri looking at me with her eyes bulging out, mouth opened wide. 

Juri is my best friend ,she was like a second mother to me, always so protective and kind. I knew she would be able to help me...

"Goodness, Hyomi? What are you doing here? What's with these suitcases? And, why are you crying?" Juri packed me with questions frantically as she came forward and gave me a hug.

Juri quickly invited me into her house and demanded an explanation. 

"Now tell me, what's up? Don't tell me it's Hyukjae, or I'll burn him alive." Juri joked. 

"I hope you have enough matches then." I replied nonchalantly. 

"Oh my, what happened?" Juri asked immediately wiping off her smile. 

"Didn't you watch the interview?" I raised my brows. 

Juri shook her head looking confused. "Sorry, I just flew back from Thailand this morning." She explained as she was a flight attendant.

"Oh, good gracious! Why did he say that!?" Juri half shouted, after I told her about the interview. 

"I support you Hyomi, stay here as long as you want, make yourself feel at home... But hey, why not try thinking it a more positive way? Maybe he said that for entertainment sake." Juri prompted.

"Even so, it hurts Juri, it hurts in here." I cried, thumping my chest. 

That night, I went to bed with a tinge of hope that Hyukjae might return home and realize my absence or even just a text for our anniversary will do. I wouldn't want to lose this relationship, not until the last moment my patience could take me. 

I remember moments from just a few years back where I  fall asleep in the arms of Hyukjae every night without fail. But that has lessen throughout the years due to his busy schedule. I mean, I can understand that but the sweet nothing's he says to me every now and then and hugs and kisses I receive from him has dropped to nothing. It's as good as not being in a relationship.  

I missed his accompany so dearly.

The clock struck 12 Midnight, and there was no news from Hyukjae. Zero, nothing. Is it that troublesome to just send a text? I thought. 

Soon, I dozed off feeling crestfallen.

The next day, I struggled to wake up due to my red swollen puffy eyes. I once again held up my phone hoping to find Hyukjae's text. But sadly, to no avail. 

That's it, my patience snapped. This is officially the end of us. Nothing in the planet can make me change my mind, I had decided to start anew. Back to 4 years ago when I was still a happy chirpy single lady. I wanted to experience things that I could have better done during the 4 years with Hyukjae. 

With my plans all lined up, I crooked my head to my clock right beside my bed. 

"Just nice" I smiled, it was 10 in the morning and the malls had just opened. 

Yes, at the top of my head, the thing I wanted to do most was shopping. Not just any kind of shopping, but shopping in a real shopping mall, where I can try things on and really have a hands on experience with the pieces. 

"Hyukjae ah! Lets go shopping today!" I suggested ecstatically as I hugged Hyukjae from behind as he was in front of the computer. 

"Shopping? I'm doing that right now. Anything you want from here babe?" He asked clicking his mouse all over the monitor. 

"Ohhh, these studs looks adorable!! But, no, Hyukjae ah, lets head out to shop, it's been a long time since we hang out together..." I pouted as I shook Hyukjae back and forth begging him to go out. 

"Baby, you know we can't do that. What if the paparazzi sees us?" He replied sternly.

"Okay, chill, we won't go out then." I replied shortly and got out of the room. Heading to the kitchen.  

"You silly clean freak" Hyukjae said from behind massaging my neck as I was washing the dishes. 

It had always been a habit of mine to clean when I feel irritated, sad, angry or just any kind of negative emotions. Apart from Hyukjae, cleaning was my antidote. 

"Look precious, I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you. I'll cook tonight! Let me get some groceries from the net before that." He cutely tried to cheer me up. 

I sighed, but still smiled it off then. How can I ever resist Hyukjae. 

I quickly jumped out of bed, washed up and starting grooming up myself. Snagged my handbag and got out of the room. 

"Juri ah! Juri ah!" Said me trying to locate Juri, I wanted to bring her along to my shopping spree. 

I was walking to every inch of the house until I came across a note placed on the dining table under a set of keys. It wrote, 

'Morning sunshine! 

Sorry, gonna be away to Japan for 3 days, it was a last minute thing.

Breakfast in the microwave, enjoy! See ya' 

I was so touched and full with the heavy yet sumptuous breakfast Juri prepared. 

I washed the dishes and raced out of the apartment. 

In the shop, I felt like I was a kid in the playground. Having a time of their little lives. Picking, choosing, pairing and trying them on was the most thrilling part of all, it really made me forget about Hyukjae for a moment, until... It was time to check out the items. I suddenly realized, I have got no money. All these time, I've been spending off Hyukjae. Well it was his fault, he wouldn't let me go out and pick up a job. 

I stepped out of the shop unwillingly, sighed and looked up, took a deep breath and thought, It's good to be free! 

"Job, I need a job." I muttered as I walked along the streets, snapping out of my daydream.