I handled it

Back to him?

‘I will handle that’, Hyukjae’s words kept repeating in my mind. What did he mean by he would handle it, how can he handle this problem? He can’t possibly just take Ji Eun ssi out for dinner and sincerely apologize… Maybe I could do something.

It was a normal working day yet again and as usual, Hyukjae and I went to work. But today, I took a half-day leave without Hyukjae knowing. Reason being, I wanted to go look for Ji Eun ssi and straighten things out. It may not be the smartest thing to do to go confront her about the video, but I couldn’t take another sleepless night trying to figure out why she did it.

At her door I stood, feeling slightly nervous, I rang the doorbell.

A really tired looking Ji Eun ssi greeted me. She looked terrible. Her hair was in a mess; they look like they haven’t been combed in ages. Her eyes looking completely dull and lifeless, from the looks of it, one could tell that she cried (A lot).

“Hello.” I bowed.

“What are you doing here?” She asked all annoyed, yet allowed me to enter her apartment.

“To like you back.” I answered.

She looks at me all puzzled.

“I don’t want to have any issues between us, I’ve always liked you, as a fan of course. So, I’d like to clear any misunderstandings that we might have.” I said as I walked further into her apartment.

Not only was she in a bad shape, so was her place. There’s an awful load of tissues and junk food littering around. What caught my attention most was a shattered Iphone laying just in front of a concrete wall; she had probably slammed it against the wall. Anyway, this place could use some serious cleaning.

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t play dumb. You know what I’m referring to. Please talk to me. The video really bothered me.”

She scoffed. “It bothered you? Does that even matter? He is already yours! Not to mention the amount of supports you two are receiving.” She shouted, eyes filled with hatred and brimmed with tears. That explains the shattered IPhone…

I was shocked by her reaction to be honest. Gosh, why is she in tears.

“Ji Eun ssi…” I tried comforting her by patting her shoulders. 

“Don't touch me!” She said, pushing my hands away.

After a few sniffs, she was finally willing to speak.

“Why, why did he have to meet you before me?! If it wasn’t for you, we would be such a perfect couple.” She said.

I was speechless. I wasn’t sure if I should respond to that.

“What’s so good about you that I cannot replace?!”

Again, I remained silent.

Then on she goes, complaining. Comparing me to her from head to toe and back up again. The more she spoke the more agitated she got, while on the other hand I just sat there and listened, ironically getting calmer and calmer.

 Just by listening and looking at her, I understood why she had sent that video. It was due to immense jealousy. She was just another heartbroken girl that is finding her way out of this misery.

Finally, she stopped talking. Tears were still flowing down her cheeks nonetheless.

“Even if you were to meet Hyukjae first, I assure you the one with him today would still be me.” I said as I wiped her tears.

I could tell by her face, she was taken aback by my overflowing confidence.

I smirked. “We were fated to be together and fates are destined to happen 99% of the time.  From the moment we met till yesterday, it was all fates. Never doubt them.”

For some odd reason, she accepted my reasoning. Maybe cause it was too good and that fact that it's true.

She then froze for a second and threw herself into my embrace in the next, just crying tears of river.

“I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to send it, I know it was childish of me. But I just wanted to get back to you when I found out from Eunhyuk that you two were dating. I’m so sorry!” She cried.

I hugged her tightly to show that I forgave her.

“I’ll always be here for you, like a bestie! That’s if you don’t mind.” I said.

“Really?” She sobbed.

I nodded and smiled.

“Thank you!! You’re so nice, I’m glad Eunhyuk has such an amazing girlfriend!” She said.

I appreciated her kind words. It's rare to hear people complimenting me as Hyukjae’s girlfriend since not many people know about it.

For the rest of the day, I was at Ji Eun’s house helping her clean up her mess; in a way helping her to start anew, I mean a broken heart doesn’t mean the end of the world. We even made lunch together and chatted for a while, like real besties.

 Then, I received a text from Hyukjae asking where I was. I guessed he went to my office after his schedule and found me missing.

“Is that Eunhyuk?” She asked.

I nodded.

“Can you ask him to come over and pick you up? You must be tired from all the packing and… I’d like to apologize to him personally as well.” She said.

I smiled. “Sure!”

I texted Hyukjae the address and had ask him to come up to the house unit.

‘If I see a guy in there, you’re gonna get it from me tonight! (0__0)’ He replied.

I guessed he really doesn’t know Ji Eun’s address huh. That’s… good.

 

 

The bell rang and Ji Eun answered it.

“Whao, erm, h-hi.” Hyukjae stuttered

“Don’t have to be so shocked Hyukjae!” I said as I showed up by the door

“Oh! Phew, Hyomi ah. Why are you here? Where is this place?” he asked.

“It's Ji Eun’s house. And the owner has something to say to you.” I said as I pulled them into the living room and left them there while I gave them some alone time.

 

No longer than 5 minutes, Ji Eun came knocking on her bedroom door, where I was the entire time.

“All done. Thank you so much Hyomi ah. Can I call you that?” She asked.

“Absolutely!” I said and gave her a hug.

We said our goodbyes at the door and we took off.

“Thanks for doing this Hyomi ah.” Hyukjae said, scratching his head.

I smirked. “I thought you were going to handle it.” I asked.

“Frankly, no idea how to… I just didn’t want you to worry.” He said.

“I know. Thanks for being so considerate Hyukjae.” I thanked him and as present, gave him a kiss on each of his cheeks. 

______________________________________

Last chapter next~