Explanation

Back to him?

 

As soon as the bright light dawned on me, I woke up immediately, realizing I was in the most terrible position to wake up in- sitting upright. 
 
Fidgeting slightly to loosen up myself, I felt my lap extremely numb, at least more numb than the rest of my aching body. 
 
As I gently got up on my own two feet, making my way to the bathroom, I got the biggest shock of my life. 
 
"Babyyy!!" A pink headed Hyukjae hugged me as tight as how a koala hugs a tree. 
 
I was so shock I couldn't really respond much. With my head resting on his shoulders, I started recollecting what had happened yesterday night. 
 
"Hyomi?" He pulled apart looking at the teary me. 
 
I cried because I was actually quivering with excitement and contentment when I received a hug from him. Why can't I just forget about him.... 
 
When Hyukjae saw me pouring my tears out, he led me to the sofa. I followed.
 
I wasn't like the girls in dramas that would scream and shout at the guy uncontrollably and ending up not giving them a chance to explain their reason for whatever they might have done. 
 
In my case, I wanted to hear what Hyukjae had to say because I wanted very much to return back to him. 
 
We both sat down on the sofa, him not letting go both my hands at all, even though I was dying to wipe my tears. 
 
"Baby, I'm sorry." 
 
I held at his gaze signaling that I am lending him my ears. 
 
"For whatever I've done wrong, I know I'm in deep trouble. I went home yesterday and I found the house not leaving a speck of your presence. I was so worried. The only place I could think of is Juri's place... So I came here but to no avail and then I bought some soju... And here we are." 
 
"You don't know what you've done wrong?" I asked, frowning. 
 
"I know, it's the anniversary. I'm so sorry baby. I was at Incheon doing some interview, I couldn't come back in time. I'll make it up to you, I promise!" 
 
"You couldn't even send a text?" 
 
"I lost my phone. I kid you not, I lost it. The last time I saw it, was before the interview. I'm sorry, I wanted to text you with Donghae's phone but, he didn't bring his... Other members didn't have your number..." He mumbled. 
 
"You can't remember my number huh? So can you remember IU's?" I raised my brows. 
 
Hyukjae gave me the stunned look. 
 
"Why is she suddenly in the picture?" He asked all puzzled. 
 
"Lee Hyukjae." My first time calling his full name so sternly. 
 
He stiffened.
 
"Did you think I would never watch the news and will never know about the picture?" 
 
I took a deep breath, "Nope, absolutely no one. Since, I am currently not dating anyone. Lee Hyukjae, does this sentence ring a bell in your mind? I'm merely repeating after you." I asked with tears now flushing out of my eyeballs like waterfalls. 
 
There was a moment of silence and I stood up, intending to return to my room and continue crying my lungs out. 
 
As I passed by his, he grabbed hold of my hands. 
 
Suddenly, he pulled me in for another hug. 
 
"Baby, I didn't know you were this insecure about our relationship. I've told you before that, I'll love you no matter how far apart we may be or how absurd my words are to others, they are all for entertainment sake. The picture was really what I explained it as. There's absolutely nothing between us. My heart still belongs to you." He reminded me. 
 
We pulled apart, staring at each other in the eye, we went in and kissed.
 
You know how people say, a kiss tells it all? Well, I felt it. The spark from when we first got together was still there. We were still madly in love with each other. 
 
"Believe me now?" 
 
I nodded, smiling. 
 
Hyukjae wiped my tears away and asked. 
 
"Shall we go home?" 
 
I nodded, again. 
 
As we got ready to leave the Juri's house with my bulgy suitcase, we met Juri at the door. 
 
Juri was beyond ecstatic to see us back together and warned Hyukjae never to say such things ever again if for just entertainment sake. 
 
I thanked Juri sincerely for the support she had provided me for the past few days and how grateful I am to have a friend like her. 
 
Hyukjae and I then set off, back to our home sweet home. 
 
______________ 
 
Hey guys, I know this kind of sound like the end of the story, but it's not. :p
For this chapter, there's lots of talking, are you guys okay with that? If not, I'll stick to less speeches. :) 
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!
pic credit to owner