Gone

Back to him?

 

Hello people, please note the disclaimer that we had stated in the foreword of this story. :)

Also, the Italic words are flashbacks and normal fonts are things happening in the present. 

Please enjoy :)

___________________________________________________________

It was our 4th year anniversary, there I was sitting all alone on our soft king size bed, for which I had spent many lonely nights on, staring at the television showing the morning news, in front of me. I slowly felt my vision blurring as my tears started to reach the brim of my eyes, then down they went trickling onto my hot rosy cheeks then all the way to my lap. The tears just continued flowing uncontrollably no matter how hard I tried to stop. His words made me feel that fate had ended between us and so did everything else. I am left with no other options but to leave this place and to lead a better life myself. 

Just moments ago, the news reported. 

"Super Junior's Eunhyuk and Solo singer IU were said to be dating after being caught having intimacy with each other." The reporter stated as a picture of Hyukjae and IU was screened with obvious intimacy. 

I did not give much reaction to it as I thought that Hyukjae would never do anything sorry to me. I guess I was proved wrong. 

At first, due to my silliness, I chose to believe that those were just rumors spread by fans and the photo is just a fake or even fan-made. I chose to believe that the reason he wasn't home for the past month was only because like what he said, 'I am busy with super junior's new album'. I told myself calmly that since I've chosen to be with him I would have to deal with such loneliness at times and that I wouldn't mind it because we loved each other. It wouldn't matter the distance between us, our hearts still connected. 

At least that was what I thought. Until I heard what he said during his interview. 

"Eunhyuk, would you like to tell us what really is all about with this photo of you and IU?" The reporter asked Hyukjae. 

"Oh, it was nothing. IU and I are just really good friends and the day that this photo was taken was when she was terribly ill and being a nice buddy, I decided to go pay her a visit. That's all." Hyukjae replied naturally. Phew! Finally clarified the matter, I thought. 

"Oh, so there's nothing going on between you two?" The reporter confirmed with Hyukjae. 

Hyukjae just frowned shook his head. 

"But, I guess, something might eventually happen, you'll never know." Hyukjae added, smirking.

"Oh, really? So I presume there's not a particular someone you have your eyes on at the moment?" The reporter asked curiously. 

"Nope, absolutely no one. Since, I am currently not dating anyone." Hyukjae replied ending off with his signature gummy smile. 

I cried myself a river after Hyukjae's last sentence. My heart felt as though a thousand spears had pierced through it, shattered into bits and pieces so micro no one could mend it. 

After regaining my senses, I lifted my hands and wiped my tears streaked face. I stopped sniffling and crooked my head towards the dressing table on which had our photo from when we first started dating. 

The more I stared at it, the more I felt infuriated. I stood up inanimately, taking tiny subtle steps towards the photo frame. I clenched on to the frame, willing myself not to cry and smashed it abruptly on the floor. 

Then after, I dragged my suitcases out, gathered my apparels and packed every single possession of mine in that house into it. 

Soon, I was down to my last item. Before closing the suitcases, I couldn't help but pack the first  present that Hyukjae gave me into my suitcase. 

It was our first date...

"Ta-da!" Hyukjae exclaimed enthusiastically. He took off his hands, which were covering my eyes and shoved a cuddly-looking toy monkey into my arms. 

"Baby, he will accompany you when you miss me, okay?" he explained. 

I was beyond touched by his sweet an thoughtful actions. Playfully pinching the monkey's cheeks we decided to name it 'Jaemi'. 'Jae' coming from his name and 'Mi' coming from mine, Hyomi. 

"Lee Hyukjae, you have never been worth my time." Those were my last words before I turned the doorknob, leaving Hyukjae forever, preparing to leave all the hope, dreams and future we once had together behind. I took a last glance and turned back into the kitchen. 

Not being able to control my thoughts, I started reminiscing about our beautiful memories.  

My hands glided across the table on which he had placed me, mischievously. We shared a breathtaking kiss at the moment and only broke apart when the boiling water was bubbling vigorously, threatening to explode. 

I dragged my suitcases and took big strides out of the house once filled with love, stopping by the swimming pool.

It was a bright and cheery morning and we decided to have a refreshing swim in the pool. It had been a long time since we swam. I was wearing a white robe reaching to the middle of my thighs while Hyukjae wore his trunk and had plunged into the pool. Taking my time, I took off the robe leaving myself in a floral bikini and applied sun block lotion. Suddenly, I felt a hot breath blowing on my shoulder along with a gentle kiss. 

"I just can't get enough of you, baby" he breathed. I shivered from his touch as always. 

I took a deep breath and exhaled loudly, shaking my head to drive away all the thoughts of us. I dragged the bulky suitcases and exited the house, reminding myself never to set foot into it again and got on a cab. I felt my cheeks becoming wet and reached up to wipe it, only then realizing that I had been crying. The cab uncle gave me a weird look and I started laughing sarcastic at the thought of how I had wasted 4 years on that guy, who claimed that he was not dating, 4 bloody years of youth on the guy I loved dearly but whom turned against me when his fame grew.

"Miss, are you okay? And erm, where would you like to go?" The cab uncle asked me with his face filled with concern. 

"Even you care more about how I feel than Hyukjae..." I whispered under my breath. 

"Pardon me?" The cab uncle said.

"Oh, sorry, it's nothing and yes, I'm fine thank you." I responded.

In the moment of silence, I was in a dilemma, I realized that I had no place to set foot in. I didn't want to go back to my parents house, they might get worried...

"Avenue 9 The Horizon block 25, please" I blurted.

 I decided, that was the only place I could head to.