New Job?

Back to him?

"Have you got any experience with catering?" Asked Mr Kwon, the CEO of 'After 1' a nightclub. 

Out of all jobs why a nightclub? It was because a nightclub is somewhere where people hang out together. This place will be crowded with people, and I wanted to communicate more with... other humans. 

"Not really, but I did help a little in my parents cafe a few years back." I answered.

He then scribbled something down his folder. 

"Are you able to work in the wee hours?" He Asked. 

"Absolutely, my timings are more or less flexible." I replied assuring him. Since Juri also has a weird time schedule as well.

"Okay..." He muttered 

He then looked up and said. 

"Hope to see you next Monday for work?" 

"Oh, yes! Certainly! Thank you so much." I said deliriously. 

For a boss, Mr Kwon is considered rather young, probably around his late 20s. And he seems like a really nice person, I mean, he did give me this job! I thought as I stepped outside the club. 

Suddenly, a shiny black Lexus car pulled over in front of me, winding down the passenger's seat window. Out of curiosity, I lowered my head, in the drivers seat sat Mr Kwon. 

"Going somewhere?" He asked. 

"Oh Hello Mr Kwon, no, not really" 

"Wanna grab lunch together?" He offered. 

I nodded as he gestured me to hop on to his car.  I didn't want to be rude and reject my new boss's offer, right? 

We shortly arrived at a beautiful luxurious looking restaurant. You know those where rich mistresses gather to high tea. This place makes me feel so out of place, it's too, high class... 

"Miss Hyomi?" 

"Oh, please just call me Hyomi, Mr Kwon" 

"Hahah, sure, Hyomi. You don't look too well, you okay?" Mr Kwon asked.

"Well erm, I don't mean to sound rude but this place gives me the chills." 

"I know what you mean, hah." He laughed like a gentlemen, I don't mean to say his not, his a perfect gentlemen, just that laugh wasn't a real laugh and it sounded so, annoying.

I wish I could see the real Mr Kwon, it should be more than interesting. 

"Wanna go eat some street food instead?" I suggested.

"Mmm.., Why not? I've never tried those before." Mr Kwon said raising his brows. 

"Never?? You're missing big time Mr Kwon" I said all excited, grabbing his arm, I dragged him out of the restaurant. 

This is perfect, I've always wanted company to lunch at those street side stalls. Ever since Hyukjae's fame grew, we hardly ever 'dine' here like we used to back in our high school days. 

"Mmmmmm...." Mr Kwon sounded, his lips smeared with sauce. 

"Is it that nice, Mr Kwon?" I asked, laughing at his blissful looking face. 

"It's amazing! I just love the taste of it. Oh and Hyomi, just call me Kenneth. Technically, I'm not your boss yet, we're friends" he smiled. 

"Kenneth?" I gave a confused look. 

"Yes? Oh, yes, Kenneth is my English name. I'm mixed blood, my mom is from Canada. My korean name is.. Ga Deon. Which sounds like 'cartoon', so I prefer people calling me Kenneth." He explained. 

"Ohh, cool. No wonder you're so handsome. I-I mean, erm.." I stuttered. 

"Hahahah, thanks!" He laughed looking at me, dumbfounded. But my little mistake was worth, I at least heard his real laughter. 

"The no-so-high class Mr Kwon is much easier to communicate with." I told him. 

"Thanks to you. You're the first person that treat me like a normal person.." He said with a serious tone, but ending of with a smile. 

"Huh?" 

"No no, it's nothing. Shall we go?" He asked. 

And I nodded. 

As Kenneth was making the payment I suddenly heard a very familiar voice. A male's voice to be specific. It was Lee Hyukjae's voice. I crooked my head to the direction of the sound but to my dismay, it was just the Aunty turning on the TV. 

I slowly came to my senses, judging by how elated I was when I though Hyukjae had returned, I knew how much I still miss him and how much I still love him. 

Tears started forming at the brim of my eyes, trickling down my cheek. I was crying uncontrollably once again. 

Kenneth was shocked when he turned around to see my tear streaked face. He saw me gazing at the TV screen showing Hyukjae. He placed his hands over my shoulders and guided me out of the stall and into his car. 

As I said, as a gentlemen, Kenneth decided to leave me alone sobbing and not fill me with questions just yet. Handing me a pack of tissue, he started driving. 

After 2 hours, I stopped crying. That was only because I was so dried up inside out already. I couldn't manage to produce more liquids. But I continued to remain silence, as I really didn't have the mood to speak. I felt like a burden to Kenneth putting up with all my crap not evening knowing exactly what's happening but, I was too upset to do anything about it. 

In the 3rd hour, we finally stopped driving. We ended up on a hilltop. 

It was during the late afternoon, the color of the skies were breathtaking, shades of pink and orange casting on us. 

I got out of the car wanting to get nearer to the beautiful scenery and get some clean fresh air. 

A bottle of water held up by Kenneth appeared in front of me. 

"You must be real thirsty" he said insisting on giving me the bottle of water. 

"Thanks" I said not very clearly, opening the bottle of water, gulping it down my throat. 

"You know him?" Kenneth asked. 

Since there was no one around, I immediately knew who he was referring to-Lee Hyukjae. 

I took a deep breath in and letting it out as a sigh. 

"Yup, he's my... Boyfriend. My Ex-boyfriend" I said realizing after that I shouldn't have since Hyukjae was a celebrity, what's the point of us hiding away from the public dating when I can easily tell Kenneth the truth. 

"Crap" I muttered. 

"No worries, I won't tell anyone. Been there, done that." He said chuckling. 

"Been there? Have you dated a celebrity before?" I asked. 

He nodded, but seemed not having any intentions to disclose her, so I didn't persist on asking. 

"Hyomi ah," 

"Mm?" 

"Can you forget him for me?" Kenneth said. 

"W-what are y-" I was being cut off. 

"You're the first girl that made me feel so, myself. I enjoy being with you it feels like I've known you for years. You're so lively, so pretty, I just can't get enough of you. I guess this is what they say as love at first sight." Kenneth confessed. 

"I-I erm, I don't-" I was cut off once again. 

"His not worthy of you. I don't know what he may have done but it must be something terrible since you were crying so badly earlier. Let me replace him, let me make you happy, Hyomi, please." Kenneth said staring into my eyes. 

For a moment, I was actually smitten by his sweet confession, I was for a bit lost in his big brown eyes. 

Before I even reacted to him, I felt him leaning nearer and nearer to me, his hand lifting my chin slightly, and the other on my waist. With our foreheads touching, he whispered. 

"Will you accept me?" 

------------------------------------------------

Hey! I'm sorry for not having any Hyukjae appearance even up till now. I promise I will bring him out soon! Please continue to stay on reading :) 

If you like reading Eunhyuk stories, please do check out my other story called "We've got chemistry". 

Thank you to those who commented and subscribed on the earlier chapters. It really brightened my day! :D

Sorry for my random screwed fonts here and there, I am trying my best to keep them constant.