A Video Message

Back to him?

It was a dark and stormy Thursday night, the rain fell in torrents, lightning illuminated the sky and the occasional crash of thunder was deafening.

Usually during such nights, I would have Hyukjae cuddling me to sleep, patting my head to ease my fear for the ear piercing thunderstorms and I wouldn't have to worry about a thing.

Having said that, this time it was different. I was going to be alone at home the entire night as Hyukjae has a WGM schedule at Jejudo. Fearful, I curled up in my bed with the blanket over my head. Using my hands, I covered my ears tightly and squeezed my eyes shut hoping to fall asleep as soon as possible not even intending to continue waiting for Hyukjae’s daily phone call since it was past midnight. Under much struggle, I somehow managed to fall asleep and be awakened by my text tone the next morning.

Knowing that it was Hyukjae’s text, I cheerfully went and picked up my phone. I unlocked it and found out Hyukjae had sent me a video. Before I click  ‘play’, I saw a ed Hyukjae lying on a bed and had thought that maybe it was the staff members playing a prank on Hyukjae and wanted to share with me another un-cool side of him.

With a grin, I pressed ‘play’ and the video started out pretty normal, but not until when the camera decided to turn around showing who the video was taken by.

It was Ji Eun ssi.

What was going on? Why is she in his room?

Then, she slowly made her way onto the bed and lay next to Hyukjae and wrapped her hands around his waist. Holding the camera as if taking a selfie, she ended the video with a peace sign and her tongue sticking out.

As the video finished playing, I blinked repeatedly, confused at the situation. Since when did she know about Hyukjae and I?

The past Hyomi would feel upset, helpless and heartbroken. But after the previous incident involving Ji Eun ssi, I have learnt to trust in Hyukjae more and therefore not going to leave the house bursting into tears with a scar in my heart once again.

At around half past 9, I received another text from Hyukjae and it goes something like this:

Hyomi ah~

I miss you

I’ll be back in about 2 hours time so let’s have lunch together!

Judging by the text, I assume Hyukjae doesn't know about the video. And so I played along by sending back a text.

I missed you too Hyukjae.

Ok! Another meal at home or will you take me out? ;)

As expected, he chose to dine with me at home. It’s been years since we went out on dates together or catch a meal together outside… Even if we did, Hyukjae’s disguise often made him like as if another person that's why I would much prefer eat with him at home.

“I’m home!!” Hyukjae shouted as he entered the house.

I greeted him with a table of his favorite dishes and we ate as we chat about our recent happenings excluding the video issue of course. Even though it is indeed very difficult for me to be mum about it, I had to. I didn't want Hyukjae to be in a difficult situation. Furthermore, he didn't know anything about it even when he is also one of the victims.

After dessert, I told Hyukjae to go take a nice relaxing bath in the tub that I have drawn earlier since he should be pretty worn out after the plane ride while I unpack his luggage for him.

“Thanks babe.” He said as he entered the tub.

Finally, everything’s done. We’ve taken lunch, Hyukjae is all washed up and unpacked. We could now take some time to rest on the couch and hangout.

We were fooling around on the couch when I decided to cut up some of Hyukjae’s favorite strawberries for him to enjoy.

While slicing the strawberries, I heard Hyukjae suddenly say.

“Yah! Why do you have a video of a ed guy in your phone?” he cutely whined, thinking that it is someone else.

I was stunned for a moment. My hands stopped moving and all I wanted to do was to rush over to him and snatch the phone away. But I know its impossible to snatch it away in time since our house was quite big so I decided to just pray silently that he doesn't decide to play it.

Less than half a minute of silence went by.

“H-hyomi ah” Hyukjae called out to me as he stood at the kitchen door. I could tell from his tone that he had watched the video. Of course, I mean, which guy wouldn’t? I literally wanted to give myself a huge faceplam but I stood there acting calm and collected.

“Hmmm?” I turned around and smiled at him as I carried a bowl of fresh strawberries.  I cannot believe the way I’m acting, its obvious that I was hiding something.

He then slowly made his way nearer to me, took away the bowl and placed it on the kitchen counter and pulled me in for a nice long hug. The hug made me feel safe and comfortable like in a sweet dream.

Hyukjae’s POV

When the video ended, I couldn't believe what I just saw. There was a sense of anger growing in me that I just want to take it out on someone. But as I come to my senses, I realize that its Hyomi’s feelings that I should care about more than my own.

I went into the kitchen and called out to her, I guess by the tone I used, she knows that I had watched the video. I am ready to take all the disappointments she has in me. Be it quarrels, scolding or hitting, I deserve it. What I had allowed Ji Eun to do was unforgivable.

Hyomi turned around smiling blissfully acting as if nothing was an issue. I was instantly dumbfounded. I know its hard enough for Hyomi to receive such videos, but to see her deal with it as she takes care of me, I feel beyond touched.

“I’m really sorry.” I whispered under my breath.

“It’s… okay.” She replied.

I know it isn’t ‘ok’ for her. She must feel really hurt.

What can I do to make her feel secure?

End of Hyukjae’s POV

My mouth says I’m ok, but how can I be ok completely. But it doesn’t matter as much anymore, all I need to know is that Hyukjae is here by my side. With him, all is well.

All of a sudden, Hyukjae bent down and lifted me up, bridal style. He carried me into the bedroom and gently placed me down on the bed. Standing across me, he started taking off his white shirt and flung it to one corner.

“Omo Hyukjae ah. Its broad daylight.” I reminded him as I gasped.

With his finger on my lips, he slowly crawled towards me, with his gaze not shifting an inch, he said in an ever so calming tone.

“Shhh… Baby, I’m yours. Forever.”

 That gaze he has, I know what he was getting to. I glanced down at his pants and saw that bulge just waiting to come out. 

The long beautiful finger of his that was on my lips was soon replaced with his soft, moist lips. With each kiss, Hyukjae was coming on to me more. Every kiss we shared felt like we were able to melt into each other. Before we know it, things were getting hot and heavy. And the rest is history.

Soon, we fell asleep snuggling together. Through that, all issues and misunderstandings were resolved. Apart from why Ji Eun did what she did, but that didn’t really matter right now, what matters more was the fact that our trust as well as our feelings for each other grew immensely.

________________

I apologize for putting it as ‘The rest was history’… I just can’t describe love scenes in words. Lol

Thanks for reading!