Chapter 7: Gravity causes me to fall

Sleepwalk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Food. He wasn’t anymore hungry after seeing a red-faced Jessica storm out so quick. It was his fault, after all, no way out of it---but sometimes her overreactions just led to misunderstanding, creating more awkward situations for them both. Sometimes he wondered why he was falling for this chick in the first place.

 And there would also be that stabbing conscious that kept on calling his attention back to the girl. Knowing that everyone else was in their respective rooms and it was just him and the dark dorm, Donghae cleared his throat.

“Jessica,” he called. “You in here?”

There was that silence, an unbearable one that stopped him from walking any further and knocking on the nearest door to his right. He held the doorknob, sensing, by the beat of his heart, that Jessica was inside already. He knocked first, wanting to know that his intuitions were correct.

“Who is it?” he heard her answer, and yes, he was quite right about it after all.

“Donghae-sshi,” he answered confidently. “Mind if we talk a little bit?”

“No!” she sharply retorted, a loud thump followed this. Did she jump off her bed or fell off? Whichever it was, it really concerned the man outside. It was beyond his control that the girl locked the room, and also the fact that she didn’t want to see him at all.

He knocked again. “Yah! Are you okay? What was that sound?”

“I am,” Jessica answered without any hesitations. “I just...bumped my head on the headboard.”

“Is it painful?” Donghae chuckled. “You sound hurt.”

The girl inside whined painfully, hating com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter