Finale

Sleepwalk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 10: And you left without a word like last time

“It’s...for the best, right?”

She nods almost happily, but deep inside she knows she can never be any sadder. “Yes, of course!”

“You’ll date other guys, right? Even Heechul-hyung, right?”

Jessica rolls her eyes at this comment. “He asked more than 50 times about that. I don’t think he still has the chance though.”

“Why is that?” He holds her hand at the instant, pecking a tiny kiss to comfort him. As if this would comfort him.

She spoke in minces, mumbles and then turns to him gently, wondering if this was really the end. “Because I can’t seem to like anyone except for you.”

He chuckles, touching her cheek, understanding how she feels. “You’re bound to anyway.”

“Why?” she looks at him unhappily. “You think it’s easy when you just walk away like that? Just...leave me all alone? Just...forget about the relationship, look for someone else? Do you think that’s not difficult?”

“Well, we won’t definitely make it any better if we’re shouting and arguing and getting caught by the sunbaes and by everyone else in the company,” Donghae retorts immediately, fired up with the decision. “I mean, we have to break up because you know the rules. Break them and we’re out. And you...with your first mini-album almost in its release, your comeback just around the corner...do you still think we would have time to sneak ourselves out of here?”

“Then, let’s...leave the company! Let’s stop this...let’s...let’s be together,” Jessica reasons out almost hysterically, before Donghae wraps his strong arms around the young girl, worried that this will take too much time again. “I can do that, right? I can give up the debut. It’s a small price to pay. After all, our groups are big, they can manage. But...just the two of us...alone, without the other...the very thought is driving me mad.”

Donghae her hair numbly. “We talked this one last night, Jessica. Stop bringing it up.”

“I’m just scared we won’t ever be the same again,” she mumbles. “I’m just scared that...we might change and treat the past as though it never happened.”

“You know what,” he stops, looking straight into her eyes with a frail smile. Donghae pulls her hand and places it on his chest. “Hear that? It’s beating because of you. If I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter