How to be a couple: L.Joe’s guide

He's My Girlfriend! (A Pretend)

 

The next day, Niel woke up at the sound of someone’s phone ringing. His eyes automatically shut close when the sun rays peeking from their window hits his eyes.

 “Morning again…” He groans and made a move to sit up but was stopped when he felt arms securely wrapped around his waist, holding him down. He turned his head to look behind him and he was met with Changjo’s peaceful face. For a moment, he thought he had seen an angel, but he just shrugs it off. He tried to push their maknae away but he couldn’t, not when Changjo is much more stronger than him.

Changjo only tightened his hold on his hyung and buried his face on Niel’s shoulder from behind unknowingly, seeking for more warmth.

“Changjo.” Niel called softly, yawning as he pats Changjo’s muscular arms; waking him up. He figured it was Changjo’s phone that was ringing and he knows he has to take the call.

Changjo didn’t even budge when his hyung tried to wake him up.

Niel knew Changjo isn’t a heavy sleeper so it kind of made him wonder what get him so tired to oversleep like this. He poked his inside cheeks by his tongue and moved to face Changjo, turning his body around to face the younger. Changjo shifted on his place but still had his arms around his hyung.

Niel sighed and raised his left hand to pinch Changjo’s nose. He knows all too well how Changjo doesn’t like it when someone touches his nose. So at the idea, he thought he could wake him if he pinches the younger’s nose. “Changjo.” He tried again but Changjo still refused to open his eyes. It didn’t bother him how his face was just inches away from their maknae.

“Pabo, wake up. Your phone is ringing.” He called lazily. Changjo scrunched his nose but still didn’t let go. Slowly and unwillingly, he opened his eyes.

Niel waited for the younger to fully awaken before giving him a small smile, finally letting go of his nose.

“Morning.” He greeted with a grin, glad that their maknae is awake now.

Changjo blinked and noticed the closeness he has with his hyung. He immediately let Niel go and sat up, looking away. Waking up finding Niel in his arms isn’t new to Changjo anymore. But this time, he was a bit bewildered waking up with Niel’s face just inches away from him.

“What time is it?” He asked in alarm, looking around their room. He felt embarrassed for waking up with his arms wrapped around his hyung. Even though it’s no longer new to Changjo, but with Niel waking up before him and catching him with his arms around his hyung… he felt his heart beat fast against his chest with an unknown reason.

He slightly growled and covered his face by his palms. He finally noticed his phone on his bedside table and sees who was calling him. But when he took his phone, the call ended.

‘3 missed calls – Dad’

He sighed and clears the notification on his phone. He furrowed his eyebrows in irritation when he saw he has lots of text messages not only from his dad, but majority is from Haemi.

‘Jonghyun~! <3’
‘Good morning, Jonghyun! ^_^’
‘We need to talk~~ TT_TT’
‘Are you awake yet?’
‘You still need some explanations to do!’
‘Or I’ll tell Mr. Choi if you don’t. >o<’
‘Is she really your girlfriend? TT^TT’
‘I love you, future hubby~!’
–and lots more.

Niel sits up too and stretches his arms.

“It’s still early.” He answers Changjo’s question and ruffles his bed-hair. He glanced at Changjo and sees his frown, and in an instant, he knew why. There’s only one reason what could ruin Changjo’s day and Niel is perfectly aware of it.

He was about to say something but was stopped when they heard a knock on their door.

“Hey love-birds! Wake up!” It was Chunji.

“It’s time for your lessons!” Ricky chirped next. It seems like Ricky and Chunji is too excited for this.

Changjo and Niel looked at each other and remembered what Chunji had told them the other day.

“Oh, right.” Niel sighs and pouts. “But I don’t wanna!” He whines back, making sure the others could hear him from outside their room. Changjo only blinked his sleepiness away, throwing his phone on the bed beside him. He doesn’t want to do anything on his free day, but his hyungs are being childish again for having them teach a thing that isn’t needed anymore. Yes, they don’t need to learn how to act as a couple. Everyone knows how couples are when they’re together. And what’s the purpose of teaching it to them? They’ll only act like one when Haemi is around, which is not always.

His hyung’s are indeed childish for having them teach things like this.

Changjo sighed and turns his head to look at Niel.

“Niel?” He called.

Niel heard Changjo and glanced at him with eyebrows raised.

“Yeah?”

“Do we have to?” He asked. He didn’t even realize a pout has appeared on his lips. Niel let out a soft chuckle, his instinct as a hyung activating. He placed his palm on Changjo’s head; a way of comfort he only has with their maknae.

“We can always just escape and skip classes.” He winked, referring to Chunji’s lessons. Changjo thought about it and smirked; lots of ways of escaping tactics forming in his head.

“You’re right.”

=

Changjo and Niel peeked from their bedroom door and looks around outside.

“It’s clear.” Niel announced in a low whisper and tiptoes his way out. Changjo just simply followed behind him, arms crossed but alarmed.

They were about to sneak out of the living room when they noticed Chunji standing at the front door, arms crossed as he taps his foot impatiently. Ricky was sitting on the single couch and watches them with a nerdy smile. He had just finished putting the tray of juices on the mini table when he saw the two come out.

“I wondered when you two are going out.” Chunji greeted blankly.

“And I kinda figured both of you are going to run away.” Chunji tilted his head and snorts. Changjo and Niel’s shoulder slumped down in disappointment. Guess they couldn’t escape them anymore.

“Alright. Let’s start our lesson, shall we?” They heard L.Joe clapping from behind them.

Niel pulled his lips to the side and took steps towards L.Joe. “What lesson are you talking about?” He asked and leaned his weight on his right leg in disagreement.

Changjo followed and sat on the couch, arms still crossed.

 “How to be a couple lesson number one: closeness.” He raised his pointing finger in the air. Chunji made his way and sat on Ricky’s lap but he was forcefully pushed away. “Seat reserved for only one person.” Ricky informed and pulled out his tongue. Niel saw this and grins before tackling Ricky on the single couch, sitting on his lap.

“MY SEAT.” His grin widened. Chunji glared at the two.

“NIEL LISTEN TO ME WILL YOU.” L.Joe barked and shook his head. Changjo hid his smirk at his hyung’s immaturity and looks down.

Niel perked up and nodded at L.Joe. He let out a weak smile and scratches his head.

“Sorry Ssaem. Continue!”

“As I was saying…” L.Joe sighed and tries again, slightly glaring at Niel. “When being a couple, you have to be close to each other.”

Changjo nodded at him and tilted his head. He took one of the juices on the mini table and sips on it.

“Give us an example.” He requested, his tone flat. L.Joe glanced at Changjo with eyebrows raised. Why the hell does he need an example for?

“I mean, your lessons will be more effective if you give us demonstrations… right, hyung?” He turned his head towards Chunji’s direction who was still sitting on the floor.

“Oh, right!” He exclaimed and stood up before making his way next to L.Joe. He leaned towards him and wraps his arms around his waist.

L.Joe was taken by surprise at Chunji’s sudden action that made him widen his eyes. But he didn’t do anything, he didn’t push Chunji away.

“Is this what you meant by being close?” Chunji looked up at L.Joe and smiled playfully at him.

L.Joe blinked and glanced at Niel. He was a bit disappointed when Niel wasn’t looking at them. He couldn’t tell if he’s disappointed because he’s not listening, or he’s disappointed because of something else.

He returned his attention back to Chunji and nodded before wrapping his right arm around his shoulder, pulling him close.

“Closeness is important.” L.Joe cleared his throat and nodded at Changjo, urging him to do the same towards Niel. Changjo only raised his eyebrows at this. He didn’t get what L.Joe is motioning for him to do.

“Niel.” L.Joe called with a sigh. Niel turned his head and finally looks at his hyung’s direction who are still in each other’s arms.

“Yeah?”

“Pay attention.” L.Joe looked straight into Niel’s eyes.

Niel blinked but didn’t look away. He was drawn into L.Joe’s eyes. He was always drawn to it like a magnet drawn into a metal and he couldn’t pull away. He couldn’t. He never does.

Changjo saw the exchanged look between the two and he felt his stomach churn in displeasure. He clenched his right hand and stood up. He doesn’t get it. But his possessiveness of his hyung made him want to break their connection.

‘No, he shouldn’t look at him that way.’

He took steps toward Ricky and Niel’s direction, blocking Niel’s line of gaze towards their hyungs. Niel removed his eyes on L.Joe and looked up at their maknae with questioning eyes.

“Hyung, shouldn’t we do what they’re teaching us?” He offered with a small smile. Niel stared at him for a moment before returning his smile and nodded. He pulled away from Ricky and stood up.

L.Joe watched and removes his arms around Chunji.

“That’ll be better.” He commented. Chunji glanced at L.Joe and back to their maknae’s direction in confusion. He felt something different going on and he couldn’t tell why. Slowly, he straightened up and lets go of L.Joe.

“Closeness involves holding hands and hugging.” L.Joe continued and looked at Chunji’s hand before taking them in his. He raised their connected hands for the others to see.

Niel and Changjo nodded. Changjo took Niel’s hand in his without even looking at his hyung.

Niel let him. It’s not like they hadn’t done this simple action before.

Ricky looked around for someone to hold hands with but there’s no one there. Even if their leader is present, he wouldn’t hold hands with him. He’s still a bit scared of him and you don’t need to ask him why. He turned his head and saw one of the pillow-couches and hugs it. At least he has someone who he can hug now. He looked up and watches s be touchy and close to each other with a pout.

 “Holding hands and hugging is just a basic way of being a couple. It wouldn’t be enough proof if all you do is hold each other’s hand and hug. Remember, friends do that too.” L.Joe continues and lets go of Chunji’s hands before walking towards the couple. “The next one is space. Friends who sit together leaves a space between them but to a couple, space do not exist. You have to sit close and stay together.” He added and rounded Niel and Changjo.

Changjo looked straight ahead as he listens and tightens his hold on Niel’s hand.

“If you can do these simple moves, then you need to advance to the next level.” L.Joe purposely stopped in front of Niel.

Niel turned his head and looks back at L.Joe, face serious. Changjo glanced at the juice he’s holding and took another sip on it. L.Joe’s words made his throat dry.

“If you really want to be a convincing couple, you’ll have to kiss.” L.Joe instructed seriously.

Niel gaped at him. Changjo spat the juice he’s drinking and looks at L.Joe with wide, surprised eyes.

“What?!” They exclaimed in unison.

L.Joe gave them a playful smirk and crossed his arms, eyes locked on Niel.

“Niel, it’s just a kiss. You can do that, right?”

Changjo looked at L.Joe unbelievingly. Do they really have to do that? They were just going to pretend and they don’t need to even reach to that point. They must know they have their own limitations. Changjo glanced at Niel in worry to know how he’s taking this. But it surprised him when Niel looks as though he wasn’t affected.

Just a kiss?”

L.Joe nodded and motions for Chunji to come closer. Chunji rolled his eyes but obeyed.

“Sharing kisses with your lover doesn’t always mean you have to kiss on their lips.” L.Joe says and hugs Chunji, cuddling him.

Chunji gave L.Joe a weird stare and didn’t return L.Joe’s hug.

“What are you doing?” He asked. L.Joe glanced at Chunji and gave him a playful smile. “We’re a couple, aren’t we?” He asked and pecks Chunji’s cheeks. Chunji yelp and pushed L.Joe away, rubbing his now blushing cheeks.

“What are you doing you chicken!” Chunji gave him a warning glare. It’s not that he doesn’t like it, but he was really surprised at the sudden action.

“Psh. I know you want my kisses.” L.Joe smirked and pulls Chunji back to him.

Niel scratched his chin and watches them awkwardly.

“Hyungdeul, if you’re done flirting around. You don’t mind finishing this lesson, right?” Changjo asked impatiently and tightens his hold on Niel’s hand even more when he felt Niel's discomfort.

L.Joe showed them a smile and nods.

“Just take in mind that you have to be sweet and caring towards each other. And finally,” He says. “A demonstration.” He added and lets go of Chunji.

Changjo had thought L.Joe will pull Chunji to have him demonstrate it for them, but it surprised him when L.Joe took a step towards Niel instead.

“A demonstration of how to share a kiss.” And without any warning, L.Joe pulled Niel close and turns him around before giving him a kiss.

With Changjo’s point of view and perspective, it looks like as though L.Joe was kissing Niel on his lips. He felt his blood went cold and without thinking, he harshly pulled Niel away from L.Joe.

Don’t touch him.” He growls darkly. He doesn’t understand it, but he felt his blood boil at the sight of L.Joe kissing Niel in front of him. He doesn’t want to think much about what he’s feeling at the moment, but he’s perfectly aware that he wants to pull them apart so bad.

Instead of being scared at Changjo’s dangerous aura, L.Joe just let out a laugh. He knew his plan had worked.

“HOMAIGOD.” Ricky jumped off his seat and points an accusing finger at L.Joe. “YOU CAN JUST KISS HIM ON THE CHEEKS. GIVING SOMEONE A KISS DOESN’T ALWAYS MEAN YOU HAVE TO KISS THEM ON THEIR LIPS.” Ricky exploded. “THAT’S WHAT YOU SAID EARLIER.” He quickly added as he rounds his eyes at L.Joe.

Chunji remained unmoved. He couldn’t process in his mind properly that L.Joe had kissed Niel, in front of them.

“Whoa. L.Joe. Smooth move.” Chunji let out an awkward laugh and pats Changjo’s back. But he had to admit everything went a bit too fast and… smooth. ‘Dang, I gotta learn how to do that kind of move.’ He thought with a sly smile. A move he can do towards his girls.

L.Joe crossed his arms and smirks, knowing he did a perfect job.

“What losers.” He shook his head. Niel blinked, still surprised at the sudden move. He finally noticed the grip Changjo has on his wrist and he tries to wriggle away. “Changjo?” He called in worry.

“I did kissed Niel but…” He trails and raised his pointing finger in the air to make a point. “It’s fake.”

Changjo froze.

“Fake?”

“You have to know all the perfect angles to make a fake kiss. Didn’t you notice how I turned us around before kissing him?”

Changjo listened intently. He does want to know how L.Joe did it. He wants to know if it’s really just a fake kiss and that his lips didn’t touched Niel’s lips. Because he couldn’t let anyone touch his hyung.

“I only kissed the side of his mouth. Nothing harmed.” L.Joe raised both his hands in defense.

Niel let out a weak laughs and nodded, finally recovering from his shock.

“Yeah.”

Chunji clapped at L.Joe, amazed.

“You should teach me that kind of move!” Chunji exclaims.

Ricky gaped at him after hearing his explanation and started to clap his hands in admiration. “Whoa. The prince of all angles, L.Joe!” Ricky declares and went to hug L.Joe but someone grabbed his collar from behind, pulling him back. “eh!” Niel pouted and made Ricky hug him instead.

“And Changjo, I like the way how you reacted when I made a show I kissed Niel.” L.Joe turned towards Changjo who was still a bit lost.

“That’ll also be convincing if you’re possessive of your lover. Don’t let anyone touch your girl.”

Changjo still couldn’t process it in his mind. The way he reacted? Why did he even react that way? It’s a question he always has whenever something upsets him about Niel’s bold actions on giving anyone enough skinships. Why does he always feel like he wants to pull him away from them and keep him on his side? A thing that confused Changjo but he doesn’t need an answer to it. He doesn’t put much of his thought to it and just let it be. Too much thinking gives him bad thoughts that upsets him.

“I’m not a girl.” Niel interjects and pats his own chest, emphasizing himself.

“Not you.” L.Joe said to Niel. “I was just saying what a guy should do to his girl.”

Ricky sneakered at Niel. “Oooh~ so you see yourself as Changjo’s girl now, hyung?”

Niel glared at Ricky.

“Shuttup.”

“Possessive?” Changjo repeated after a second of hesitation.

“He doesn’t need to act like that anymore. He’s already possessive of him.” Ricky mumbled but made sure everyone can still hear him.

Changjo hits Ricky’s back and gave him a warning glare.

“Zip it up.”

Ricky reaches his hands on his back where Changjo had hit him and tries to rub the small pain away, moving away from Niel as he lets out a fake sob.

“Ara…”


A/N: I’m sorry for not updating until now. School is starting and I have to focus on my studies. But no worries, I have the following chapters written and I promise to update it soon. Thank you for subscribing, commenting and upvoting~ it means a lot. <3
And if you noticed, I did change my name. What do you think? Thanks for reading! :)


Preview on the next Chapter: Be my lady: Chunji’s guide

Niel whines and rubs his legs in pain as he sits on the edge of the bed. He has been wearing heels for hours thanks to Chunji.

Changjo chuckled at him and squats down on his legs in front of his hyung, taking Niel’s slim legs to rub them for him.

“You know, you don’t really have to change if you want to be my girl.” He looked up to him and gave him a warm, playful smile.