A friend. A spy. A foe.

He's My Girlfriend! (A Pretend)

 

Some place in a café at Seoul, Haemi called her best trusted friend to meet up.

“You made friends with them?” Haemi’s friend, Soyoon asked with a raise of an eyebrow. She too, like Haemi, looks like a model herself. Because of their cute and doll-like features, they are mostly known and is called an ‘Ulzzang’. Like Haemi, Soyoon is also a daughter of a well-known man who is business partners with the Kim’s and Choi’s. This only strengthen their friendship rather than see their selves as competition.

“But I thought you’ve given up on him?” Soyoon added, unable to believe what Haemi had told her. She would even go that far just to get Jong Hyun’s attention?

“Give up? Not in my vocabulary.”

Haemi smirked and shakes her head, crossing her arms as she leans on her chair. They were in a coffee shop. Haemi had called her friend to hang out to tell her plans to her. It was like tradition, for her to share her secrets to Soyoon. Soyoon never disappoints her for she has always been there by her side.

“Wait a second. You made friends with them… so you could spy on them?” Soyoon gasped dramatically, putting a well manicured hand over when she realized her friend’s idea. It took her a moment to understand Haemi’s real intentions.

“That’s the plan. That way, I can watch them carefully.” Haemi smirked and flips her hair. “If I just help Jong Hyun realize I’m the one that he really needs, everything will be alright.” She smiled widely, picturing a scene where she’s with Changjo.

 Soyoon could only huff at this.

“If you’re already friends with them… you can hang around them now, right? Genius!”

Haemi smiled and nodded, proud.

“Of course! And I also planned on visiting them again later.”

Soyoon leaned on her chair and crossed her arms.

“Oh-kay. So did you… already start this so-called-plan of yours?” She asked, waving her pointing finger for effect. It seems like Haemi had already caught her attention now.

“I’ve already offered them a trip.” Haemi breathed. “That’s my first step of luring them in.”

“Let me guess, in your vacation house?” Soyoon knows her well.

“Yep.” Haemi smiled wickedly. “And I’ve already prepared some things for them back in the resort.”

Soyoon leaned forward towards her friend, intrigued now.

“What kind of plan are we really talking about? And what if his girlfriend tags along?”

“It’s okay if they all come with Jong Hyun even if I want him with me alone…” She trailed and raised her chin up. “But it would be better if they tag Niel with them. My plan would be complete if she’s there. I will surely get Jonghyun’s attention to me now if I pull this off nicely.”

“You mean...?” Soyoon trailed for Haemi to continue her hypothesis.

“Yes, I’ve prepared events that will separate them. I’ve prepared activities for us in the resort that might help Jong Hyun realize his feelings for me. I will help him realize it’s not Niel that he truly needs and want.”

Soyoon tilted her head and thought about it.

“Okay, we’ll see if your plan really works~”

Haemi rolls her eyes at her friend.

“My plan will work, just wait and see.”

Soyoon could see the evil smile forming on Haemi’s lips. She could clearly read what’s in her mind like an open book.

She exhaled and nodded at the Haemi. She could almost see the hearts in Haemi’s eyes. Why is she so obsessed over that guy? Sure, he’s hot and all but the problem is, he’s not even into her.

“Whatever you say.” Soyoon says and rests her chin on her palms.

Haemi couldn’t remove her smile as she straightens up.

“I just remembered what my mom told me. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”

Soyoon rolled her eyes at this and laughs a bit.

“You’re just so evil all the time.” She commented, sipping on her coffee.

Haemi only giggled and ignored her comment. She looked around the small coffee shop and caught sight of someone not far away from their table.

“What is this?! I thought I ordered Caffe Americano!?” An angry costumer yelled at the waitress. The girl ducked her head low and apologized repeatedly.

“Poor girl.” Haemi says as she watches the scene. Soyoon looked around and saw the poor waitress. She nodded her head in agreement.

“Even outside the school, she’s so useless.” She commented dryly.

“You know her?”

“Duh, she’s Eunkyung. The school’s loser geek, I’m not surprised you didn’t know her.”

“Duh girl, it’s like I attend your school.” Haemi rolled her eyes, her voice dripping with full sarcasm.

Soyoon almost spit her coffee for forgetting that Haemi had stopped going to school since she chose to be a model. She looked away in embarrassment.

“You still wouldn’t know her anyway.” She coughs, awkwardly shifting on her seat.

Haemi only raised an eyebrow at this and just nodded, watching the girl not far away from them, and examining her face.

“You know, she could be pretty...” She commented as she watch Eunkyung pitifully handling her angry customer. “And her clip is really nice too…” She couldn’t help but admire the little accessory on Eunkyung’s hair.

--

“CAP hyung! We have to go now.” L.Joe announced before walking towards the door, placing his bag on his shoulder. He didn’t even wait for the other to reply as he proceeds to the front door.

L.Joe opened the door and sees someone standing there, fist up and ready to knock. He stared blankly at the girl standing before him, blinking his eyes once. “You’re here again.” He blurted out with an emotionless face.

“Here, here!” CAP jogged behind L.Joe and caught sight of Haemi.

“Oh, great timing.” CAP said monotony, shrugging his bag on his shoulder. “We’re headed to the gym. Changjo and Niel’s already there.” He informed before moving pass L.Joe and Haemi.

L.Joe face-palmed at CAP’s short announcement. ‘Why do you have to tell her that? Now I have to warn Changjo and Niel.’ He thought and sighed heavily. Another act of pretending. Why does s make a mess with him always cleaning and trying to save them from getting in trouble? He is indeed the only one who’s thinking straight in the group.

“CAP hyung! Wait for us!” Ricky exclaims and jumps out of the door, surprising Haemi. He almost took a step back when he noticed Haemi standing in front of them.

“OH. Noona! You’re here again.” He greeted with a grin, waving his hands at her before proceeding on following CAP outside to his old car with Chunji already there.

Haemi giggled at Ricky’s childish behavior. She liked him best among Jong hyun’s circle of friends, he seems so nice and easy to be with.

“Are you coming with us?” L.Joe asked carefully, fishing his phone from his pockets and sending Changjo a message. ‘Expect a visitor, Changjo. – L.Joe’

Haemi squealed on the inside. Going to the gym? She thought this’ll be a big opportunity for her to show off her body. She had been working on her curves and she would love to show it and impress Changjo. All her hard work would get paid off once Changjo’s eyes sees her.

“Of course!” She beamed and clasps her hands together in an excited way. L.Joe only gave her a short nod before leading her the way but Haemi refused to ride with them.

“Uhm, I have my own service.” She excused rather shyly before pointing behind her where her limousine is parked. L.Joe had to stop his eyes from bulging out from his sockets. Wow, a limousine??

“Oh, okay.”

“But come and ride with me, L.Joe oppa!” Before L.Joe could deny, he already found his self getting drag by Haemi into her luxurious limo. Chunji and Ricky watch him get dragged by the girl, watching them with a blank stare. L.Joe mouthed the words “Save me” and asks them for help since he couldn’t do anything but follow along.

“Hyung, should we let him or help him get back here?” Ricky asked as he blinks, resting both his arms on the car windows, unsure of what to do. Chunji only pulled his lips to the side before shrugging and facing forwards.

“He’ll survive, no worries.” He then taps CAP’s shoulder and urges him to go and drive. CAP only nodded and gave L.Joe a quick glance before driving away.

--

Changjo sat on one of the gym equipments before starting to work out on broadening his chest. He seems to be too serious when it comes to having a work out, while Niel is on the sides, still warming his muscles up to avoid straining his muscles since he has only started. He wouldn’t want to tear his ligament on his first day.

They weren’t the only ones who are in the gym of course; there are some other guys and a few females too.

Niel was about to work on the dumbbells when the others came. He straightened up and greeted them with a nod. “Hey,” He raised one of his eyebrows when he noticed someone was missing.

“Where’s L.Joe hyung?” He asked bluntly. Changjo stopped for a moment and wipes his sweat with a towel he brought along with him. He relaxes his muscles and nods at his friends. Niel was right, L.Joe is indeed missing.

CAP only tosses his bag on the floor before removing his shirt, revealing his toned muscles he has been working on. Chunji could only look away from CAP to hide the pink tints on his cheeks. He squished his cheeks and furrowed his eyebrows in irritation.

“Why the hell am I reacting like this? No, Chunji. You like girls. Okay, okay???” He growls and decides to busy his self, removing his attention from their group leader.

 “He’ll be arriving soon.” CAP says as he stretches his arms. Niel only nodded before turning around to proceed on his work out.

Minutes passed, Haemi and L.Joe soon then arrives at the gym, seeing Changjo helping Niel on his gym equipment while CAP is overly busy with the heavy equipments on the gym. Chunji is on the sides, working on his biceps. And Ricky… L.joe could only chuckle at the sight of him. Ricky was sitting on the ground, headphones on his hear and lightly moving his head at the beat of the music only he could hear. Why did he even tag along if he’s not planning on working out too?

Changjo and Niel looked up and saw L.Joe and Haemi coming in. Chunji and the rest greeted them with a short nod and a smile before proceeding on their own world.

Niel felt his self frown at the sight of Haemi and L.Joe together. They look so good just walking side by side. They look like a perfect ulzzang couple on the internet. Niel tried looking away but he couldn’t, not when it troubles him to see his hyung looking good with someone else. But why getting troubled? Simple. He knows he had been crushing on him for awhile. Yes, and it was hard for him to admit the fact that he likes someone in their group at first. I shouldn’t look at them like that..

Niel sighs. He then moved his eyes at Haemi’s body in awe. ‘Wow.’ Since when did she have a body like that? He never noticed. Or maybe.. it’s because he’s not the type of guy to look at a woman’s body. But seeing Haemi right now, it is hard to ignore something that has a perfect figure like hers.

Haemi flipped her hair behind her shoulder and smirked, misinterpreting Niel’s gaze as envy. She made sure to wear fit, y but cute gym outfit to emphasize her lady curves. Of course she wouldn’t not notice Niel’s reaction and specially, her fiancé’s reaction.

Changjo only stared at her, emotionless. He’s not even amused one bit. Haemi made her way to greet her fiancé despite having his girlfriend beside him. Indeed. Haemi just doesn’t care anymore even if Jong Hyun’s girl is with them. She could care less about her now since she’s confident Changjo is going to be hers soon.

“Why are you here?” Changjo asked, his tone flat and cold.

Haemi turned her head and looks at Changjo with the cutest smile she could muster. “They said I could come.” She squealed in innocence.

Changjo looked at Teen Top with questioning but accusing eyes.

CAP pretended to know nothing while Ricky and Chunji nudges each other, trying to put the blames away from their selves.

Niel stood up and puts the dumbbell aside, pushing it away from him using his feet.

Haemi tore her eyes from Changjo and glanced at Niel, moving her eyes from Niel’s toe up to his head, examining him. He’s wearing a very loose sweat shirt with simple jean shorts underneath.

“What are you wearing?” Haemi pulled her lips to her side in disgust. She’s wearing guy’s clothes again. She shook her head in disapproval. When would this girl learn to wear girl’s clothes? To what Haemi could remember, she only sees Niel on a girl’s clothes when she visits them in school.

Niel blinked and looks down on his clothes. He doesn’t know what’s wrong in them. But it’s a good thing he’s wearing a loose sweatshirt than he’s normal workout outfit which is a sleeveless that shows off his muscles.

“Clothes.” He answered Haemi’s question dryly, eyes round and oblivious.

Haemi scoffs and crossed her arms. She turned around and faced the large mirror to start her stretching. She’s not in the mood to talk and act nice around her rival for Jong Hyun’s heart.

CAP looked up and stared at her behind and whistles.

“Nice .” He smirked, eyes stuck on Haemi’s upper thighs.

Chunji elbowed him hardly on his ribs and frowns in disapproval.

Changjo ignored her and faced Niel beside him. It’s obvious he’s annoyed.

“Now what?” Niel raised both his eyebrows at Changjo.

“Act normal. But try not to lift weights this time or she might suspect you.” Changjo warned. “Try the light equipments.”

“Arasseo.”

Guys whistled at Haemi. She enjoys the attention she’s getting of course. She smirked when she saw that all eyes are on her. She slightly bent down, showing off her perfect curves.

Niel watched her in a daze. Changjo noticed his stare and he slapped Niel’s shoulder to get his attention.

“Stop staring.” Changjo growled before looking away.

Niel only blinked as he watch Changjo busied his self. He can’t help but stare at Haemi. He’s still a guy after all. Or perhaps… he does feel envious of her? Of course not for having a body like hers, but for catching people’s attention effortlessly. He wanted to do that, to catch the person’s attention he likes but he couldn’t. He’s too shy to reveal his feelings to anyone surrounding him.

He glanced at L.Joe who was working on the dumbbells beside CAP. When will he have the courage to confess? It seems hard… cause the moments they share is more like just being brothers, nothing more. So he tries his best to hold back and not let them get a hint of what he feels inside. It would only cause chaos in the dorm. And besides, L.Joe doesn’t look like the type to go with guys.

Niel let out a sigh and decides to continue working out, to remove those thoughts bothering him. He saw a bicycle-looking thing and decides to work on it.

He was struggling on how to properly use the equipment girls would usually use when at the gym. It was like a bicycle but the difference is, this equipment will of course, go nowhere but stay in place as you work on your thighs, stomach and legs.

Niel cursed when his feet would slip on the wheels.

“Why does it seems so easy when girls use this thing.” He could only mutter as he glare at the bike beneath him. It’s just a bicycle... why are you so worked up?? Maybe it’s because he’s still distracted. His mind is off still thinking about the entrance L.Joe and Haemi did a while ago.

Changjo sighed at the sight of Niel struggling.

“That’s not how you do it.” He stood beside him and decides to wrap his arms around Niel to guide him.

Niel only blinked when he felt arms around him but let the younger guide him.

When Niel is starting to get a hang on the equipment, he suddenly cried when he felt a sharp pain on his right leg. Straining his muscles for being so fast.

Changjo panicked.

“What happened?!” He asked in pure alarm.

“I think I broke my leg.” Niel bit his lower lip as he tries not to move his thighs, lowering his head in pain. But of course, his leg is not really broken; it’s just a sudden pain that would vanish in no time.

Changjo immediately squats down and took his hyung’s leg carefully to examine it.

“You’re not being careful.” Changjo scolded in a soft voice.

L.Joe turned his head when he heard Niel’s cry. He saw Changjo on his side as he watched them in worry. What happened??

Haemi looks at them in disapproval as she works on the treadmill. “There she goes again. Faking she’s hurt so she could catch his attention.” Haemi frowns and glared at Niel.

Haemi decided to do the same and acted like she slipped, landing on her rather too cutely to look convincing.

“Ow! It hurts!” She pretended a cry as she closely hugs her legs on her chest. The boys in the gym quickly approached her, she blinked an eye open to look at Changjo but his back is facing her. He didn’t see her fall. She cursed in her head.

L.Joe sighed heavily at the sight of Niel and Changjo together. They seem like a real couple. Did he taught them well to look too convincing? He felt heavy just watching them.

When would he have the courage to tell what his heart has been screaming to him? The answer? He doesn’t know. He never had the courage. It never comes to him. He’s just too scared of getting rejected. And if he did confess when he’s not sure if Niel feels the same way, it’ll only make things complicated and awkward. It’ll only ruin their friendship. It’s enough for him that he can show him how he feels even if he expresses it in a jokingly manner. He’s happy enough even if they just stay being friends rather not be with him.

Haemi huffs when she finally pushed her audience away. She puffs her cheeks when she finally convinced the guys she’s alright. She crossed her arms and stood next to L.joe. She was about to say something to him when she noticed L.Joe’s stare. The stare he has on Niel.

“Why is he looking at her like that?” Haemi wonders with a raise of both her eyebrows.

Changjo held Niel’s right leg, rubbing it gently.

“Does it still hurt?” He asked, concerned before giving Niel’s leg a sudden light peck. The simple action caught Niel off guard, making a  blush instantly creeping upon Niel’s cheek. He was completely aware of the act they have to show since Haemi is present. But there are times when the younger’s actions made Niel feel things not familiar to him.

He had to admit, he’s starting to get affected by the maknae’s simple actions and he knows he’s not suppose to react to it. He couldn’t understand why he’s starting to have these weird feelings since he knows all too well someone’s already holding his heart for a long time now. Is he starting to have a change of heart?

Niel shook his head furiously. No. That’s not possible. Perhaps he’s just carried away. And it’s only natural, to his guess, that people will react when people do sweet things to them, right?

He cleared his throat and tries pulling his leg away from the younger. He shouldn’t get distracted. He shouldn’t let their act affect him. Maybe it’s just normal, since they’re starting to get more closer. Yeah, maybe that’s right. He shrugs those thoughts away and made sure to keep things neutral.

 “It’s just a small accident. I can still live.” Niel just shrugged, looking away. Changjo frowned at how careless Niel is being, he’s not pleased one bit at how he doesn’t take care of his self.

“YAH. Don’t be so careless. A small accident like this can turn into a serious one if you keep on being oblivious on your surroundings!” Changjo scolded, his tone rising. He stood up and gave Niel a cold stare. Niel flinched at his voice and stands up as well. He wouldn’t let Changjo scold him, not when he’s the older one in between them.

“Why do you know so many things!? Like you’re the older one in between us?!”

“I know ‘cause I care! And I’m the one between us who’s the mature one!”

“I care too!”

“NO. I CARE MORE.”

“I CARE MOST!!!!”

Chunji shook his head at the two, stopping for a moment to watch the couple fight again.

“Those two are at it again.” Ricky mumbled.

“Yeah. I wonder when they’re going to turn things real..” CAP wondered out loud. Chunji and Ricky glanced at CAP with wide, saucer like eyes.

“Real? You mean no more pretending?” Chunji rounded his eyes at their leader.

“Wanna bet?” CAP only smirked before moving his head to look at Chunji.

“Bet what?” L.Joe butted in.

“After some time, those two will end up getting together for real.”

L.Joe scoffs, immediately taking the opposite side.

“Shut up. That’s not possible. We shouldn’t be betting on our friends.”

“Heh. You’re one to talk. You had a bet with me on Chunji one time.”

Haemi frowned deeply as she watch Changjo and Niel. She didn’t even notice L.Joe leaving her side.

L.Joe sighed and glanced at Changjo and Niel again. Would they? Would they really end up together and make things real? He suddenly felt scared. Scared that what they say might come true.

“Niel.” He calls softly.

Niel clicked his tongue and faced away from the younger.

Changjo only frowned and turns his back on Niel.

“Why are we being like this again? Fighting over small things...” Niel sighed. Changjo just shrugged and looks down.

“It’s normal, I guess.”

“How could we let your fiancé see us fight?!” Niel face palmed and gagged. Changjo glared at him and turns around to face him once again.

“Don’t address her as my fiancé.”

“Fine, fine. Let’s just stop this.” Niel ruffles his hair in annoyance. Let’s stop this..

Changjo nodded and smiles, kicking his annoyed mood away and opening his arms for his hyung. Niel raised a brow at this.

“What… are you doing?”

“Come here.” Changjo ordered. Niel only stared at him.

“Seriously?” He asked after a moment. Changjo’s smile widened and he couldn’t help laugh at his hyung’s lost reaction. He’s just so cute even without him knowing.

Jagiya, I forgive you now.” Changjo teased. Niel only frowned and crossed his arms.

Changjo’s mood swings sometimes startle Niel. For a moment, he was very manly and angry, then after a few talking and suchs, he’ll be all cute and innocent. It just scares Niel sometimes how it’s possible to change mood so quickly, but still, he sees this rather cute in their maknae.

“But I’m not the one who’s at fault here, pabo.” Niel stubbornly turned his back on Changjo once again. Changjo only chuckles and wraps his arms around Niel from behind, giving him a back hug.

“You’re always at fault, Niel.” Changjo whispers as he hugs the older. ‘You always give me these confusing feelings I couldn’t understand. And it’s all your fault.’

L.Joe looked away when Changjo made a move to hug Niel. All he could do is just sigh. He turned and sat on the wooden floor and thought to himself, leaving the rest of teen top discuss their ‘bet’ on the two.

“They’ve gotten closer than they were before. Too close.” He bit his thumb in worry. He couldn’t help but notice Changjo opening up more to Niel. And as the time goes by, he could notice Changjo’s change of attitude when Niel is around, he seems more livelier now. It’s not a bad thing. But he couldn’t help notice the way Changjo will look at Niel. They’re different now. They now hold something L.Joe can clearly distinguish. Attachment. He needs to talk to Changjo before things get complicated. He can clearly see Changjo has already fallen… knowing it himself or not, he needs to warn Changjo.

Haemi watched Changjo and Niel before looking back at L.Joe sitting on the floor, his eyes locked on the couple.

“Why is he looking at them that way?” Haemi thought again.

Haemi received a text from her friend, cutting her attention from the three.

‘How’d your spying go, sis?’

She quickly ducked and hid her phone just in case someone’s reading it from behind her.  She could clearly hear her friend’s mocking voice on her text.

Haemi quickly tapped a reply before hiding her phone back.

‘I’m still on it. Don’t just send me texts like this or I’ll get caught! I’ll tell you the details when we meet again.’

Haemi looked up and saw Niel and Changjo heading outside. “Where are they going now?” She bit her lips and excused herself from the others but not before stealing a quick glance at L.Joe.

“Something’s off about him. I need to figure out what.” She thought before proceeding outside to follow the couple. She doesn’t care if she looks like a desperate stalker now. She just wants to know things circling around Changjo’s life. And that’s what she’s going to do.


A/N: I’ve decided to reveal their feelings even though I know I should’ve already done in the past updates. I’m sorry for only posting the new chapter now after a long time of not updating. I hope you’ll like the updates even if it’s taking time for them to figure out what they really feel. I hope the updates don’t bore you in a way. Thank you for staying with this story! ^^
Hints: There are reasons why scenes and moments happen, be aware of the mentioned people and events cause they might have a very big role in the future. ^^ And about L.Joe’s side, don’t worry, he’ll have his own moment too. Thank you for reading!


Preview on the next update: Bonus: Tease

“I’ve kissed someone already, a kiss with you wouldn’t be any different.”

Changjo froze at this. Wouldn’t be any different? Changjo felt his inside suddenly churn in displeasure. He smirked at his hyung. He wanted to change that theory of his so bad. He started to lean in closer, hovering his lips on top of the elder, breath mingling, lips only centimeters apart.

“Wouldn’t be any different?” Changjo repeated through gritted teeth, smiling sideways. Oh how he’d love to demonstrate it to his hyung how his kisses can turn anyone crazy and beg for more.