Meeting Kim Haemi

He's My Girlfriend! (A Pretend)

Niel had a lollipop in between his lips when something caught his eyes from across the road. He was sitting on his skateboard when he noticed that a girl is having troubles with her bags and other stuffs.

“Looks like we have a lost girl in town,” He thought, shaking his head. ‘I don’t get why girls bring lots of stuffs with them.’ He thought. He glanced at his phone to check if he received a message yet. When he didn’t receive any, he put it back inside his back pockets.

He finally decided to approach her, leaving his skateboard behind.

Kim Haemi cursed in her mind as she struggles to hold her bags in place. Searching for the right place on her phone on her GPS. Wearing her high heels didn’t help her either. ‘I shouldn’t have passed the mall and bought these stuffs.” She thought and frowns widely as she looked at the bags she’s holding. ‘Where am I anyway??’ She looked around, helpless. She dropped her shopping bags in annoyance and made a small tantrum.

“Choi Jong Hyun, I hate you!” She squealed in anger. She has been looking for him all day since he left the Choi mansion. She wanted to be friends with him again. She wanted to see him again. She wanted him to be with her. She wanted him to marry her. She wanted him all in all.

“Excuse me?” Niel called with hesitation, looking at the girl like she’s going crazy.

Haemi froze. ‘Oh my god. Someone saw me.’ She straightened up and breaths in deeply to calm herself down. No one is suppose to see her act like this. The goddess Haemi who is perfect without flaws shouldn’t be acting so careless.

 ‘Haemi, calm down. Get a hold of yourself.’ She nodded and puts on a smile before slowly turning her head to look at the person behind her. The smile she uses to attract men.

“Yes?” She responded, her tone cute and sweet. Her cute smile dropped when she saw the person in front of her. Oh. A girl. She thought in disappointment.

Niel just stared blankly at her.

“Yes?” She repeated, but this time she uses a plain tone of voice. She dropped her cute act and straightened up once again. Flipping her hair to the side. “Hi.” She greeted with a small, fake smile. ‘Oh my god. She’s too tall.’ She looked up at him and frowns.

If she only knew, the girl in front of her is actually a man.

Niel just stared at her and nodded once. ‘She’s crazy.’

“Eo. Need any help?” He asked, taking the lollipop from his mouth.

Haemi’s attention was drawn to Niel’s lips. ‘Who in the world has thick lips like hers?’ She couldn’t help but stare at his lips.

Niel noticed where the girl is looking and he fidgeted in discomfort, conscious of his lips.

“Uhm. Hello?” He asked, trying to get the girl’s attention from his lips. He’s not comfortable when people are looking at his lips. He’s sensitive when it comes to it.

Haemi looked at him up and down; judging the person in front of her. She always does this whenever she meets new people, especially with girls..

‘And who wears guy’s clothes? Is she a tomboy or something? This girl seriously needs a makeover.’ She thought, her eyebrows raised.

Niel cleared his throat. Haemi shook her head and glanced back at Niel’s eyes.

“Ye?” She asked, dazed. Niel tried his best not to roll his eyes at her. He pointed at her bags on the floor.

Haemi looked at her stuffs and frowns.

“You look like a rich girl. Where are your bodyguards to help you?” Niel asked. He started to pick her things up one by one. Haemi looked at Niel in confusion.

“How’d you know I have bodyguards?” She asked.

Niel stopped and took a quick glance at her before picking up her last bag on the floor.

“Kinda obvious if you ask me.” He shrugged and straightened up, holding all of her bags without effort. ‘Man, her stuffs are heavier than L.Joe’s grocery bags.’ He whines in his head.

“I sent them away.” Haemi informed and looked at Niel in admiration. “Wow, you’re so strong.” She said in awe. Niel felt proud and he chuckles.

“I’ll walk with you to the bus stop.” He turned around to the direction of the bus terminal. He halted and took a glance at her. “That is, If you know how to ride a bus.” He raised an eyebrow at her. Looking at her, she doesn’t look like she rides a public bus. It’ll be hard for a rich girl like her to ride one.

Haemi laughed and waves a hand at Niel, her bracelets dangling on her tiny wrist. She’s starting to like her new company.

“Silly, I can ride anything.” She smiled. Niel smiled back. ‘Her smile is cute.’ He thought and started walking. Haemi followed from behind and fished out her phone in her pouch.

She checked where she is on her GPS again.

“Omo, why is this not working today?” She frowned and shook her phone in annoyance. She raised her chin and looks up at Niel.

“Hey, can I ask you something?” She asked. Niel can see the bus stop now.

He looked back at Haemi and nodded.

“Sure.”

“Do you know Choi Jong Hyun?”

Niel thought about it for a moment.

“Choi Jonghyun?” He repeated. “Oh. You mean Changjo?” He asked.

Haemi tilted her head as she tries to catch up with Niel’s long strides.

“Changjo?” She asked, lost.

Niel nodded and stopped beside the bus stop sign, looking at his side to see if there’s a bus coming.

“Yep. That’s what everyone calls him.” He says and glanced at Heami. “Why?”

Haemi smiled brightly and clings on Niel’s arm, surprising him.

“Omo! Take me to him!” She squealed at Niel. Niel furrowed his eyebrows and tries to untangle the girl from him. “Yah! Let go!” He struggles free but the girl’s hold on him is too tight. Close contact makes him uncomfortable especially to the opposite gender. He can’t push her away by force, afraid that he might hurt her.

Haemi let go and took Niel’s hand excitedly for her to shake.

“I’m Kim Haemi by the way, it’s very nice to meet you!” She smiled widely. She was thankful to meet someone who knows Jonghyun. She’ll be friends with this girl to get to him.

Niel heard the bus honk at them and he grinned thankfully.

“Oh! The bus is here!” He announced and immediately took Haemi’s bags inside with the help of the driver’s assistant. He gently pushed her inside the bus when he caught her off guard.

“Off you go!”

Haemi looked back at Niel in alarm.

“Wait! Sis!” She tried to call and go back to Niel but the bus started moving.

Niel grins and waves at her.

“Bye.”

Haemi sat at the very back and looks at Niel through the glass window with a pout, waving her hands in defeat.

“Good bye~”

Niel chuckles and dropped his arms. It did amused him to encounter such a girl like her.

He then frowned when he realized something.

“Wait. Did she call me ‘sis’?” He thought, blinking in confusion.

“Yah, Niel. Where did you left your skateboard again?!” Niel spun around when he felt someone standing behind him. He let out an awkward laugh when he saw Changjo holding his skateboard in between his arms.

Changjo gave him a warning glare.

“What? I helped a lady.” Niel said to defend his self. Changjo just sighed and tossed Niel’s skateboard back to him. His gift on Niel’s birthday.

“Don’t leave your things behind.” Changjo rolled his eyes and started walking away. It did upset him when Niel or any of the members of teen top doesn’t take proper care of his gifts.

Niel caught his skateboard and follows Changjo, wrapping his left arm around his shoulder comfortingly.

“Yah, don’t be mad. I left this in front of the dorm!” He laughs a bit as he walks beside Changjo with his arm around the younger’s shoulder. Trying to ease Changjo’s anger and lighting up at the situation.

“Whatever.” Changjo just shook his head and kept the frown on his lips but never pushed Niel away. Niel only laughs and kept his arm around Changjo as they walk back to their dorm.

Haemi widened her eyes when she saw Changjo with Niel from a far. “Omo!” She panicked and taps on the bus window in alarm. “Jong Hyun! I’m here!” She screamed, desperate to call for his attention. Her eyes narrowed when she saw the person, the girl she’s with a moment ago, wrapping her arms around Changjo.

“Omo why that sneaky girl!” She fumes in her head. “I should’ve known!” She threw another tantrum and sat on her seat in defeat. “Ugh! I hate this!!” She screamed in anger and crossed her arms.

She looked up when she felt eyes on her. Everyone riding on the same bus with her is looking at her like she has gone crazy.

“What are you looking at?! Haven’t seen a pretty girl riding on a bus before?!” She huffs and looks away, sticking her nose up in the air. She squeaked in surprise when the bus hit a hump making her hug a pole next to her for balance. A few kids snicker at her.

She pouts deeply as she continue to hug the pole, looking around helplessly as she wonders why the hell she’s riding a public vehicle. ‘That girl caught me off-guard.’ She murmurs.

She stopped and thought about it. ‘Wait, what if she’s just a friend or a cousin?’ She blinked, a big smile slowly making its way on her lips. ‘That’s right, maybe that’s just it.’ She nodded in confidence as she builds up another confidence inside her.

“Silly Haemi, Jonghyun wouldn’t like anyone except us.” She giggled to herself and pulls her bags near her. She let out a sigh as she sits on her seat beaming, letting the bus take her to her destination.