L.Joe's genius plan

He's My Girlfriend! (A Pretend)

'

Changjo and Niel arrived back in the dorm together. Niel went straight towards his bedroom and made sure to close the door behind him. Changjo just sighed and plopped down on the couch.

He felt his phone vibrates in his pocket but he chose to ignore it. He knows very well who would flood him messages and calls. Either it’s his father or the girl they want him to marry, Haemi.

“Crap.” He growls and moves to lie down on his stomach. The events earlier this morning kept playing inside his head like a broken tape. Why would his father step on his personal life now? Shouldn’t he just leave him alone? He’s trying to be a good son for his father but it’s useless. ‘He doesn’t have a heart. He’ll even sell his own son for more wealth.’ He thought, irritated.

He hates how his life turned out. He hates everything. He hates how his father wouldn’t care for him like a father should.

He wants to escape. He wants to be free. Can’t his father give him that?

“.”

“The hell is wrong with you now, Changjo?” Chunji appeared from the kitchen, holding a glass of juice in his hand. Cursing loudly is what Chunji dislikes the most. And this time, he wouldn't let Changjo go without taking those nasty word back.

Changjo’s left eyebrow twitched. He knew what’s going to happen next. He knows he’s going to have another lecture from him. Like always. He never liked being scolded by their acting mother, Chunji. Heck he doesn’t even like getting scolded.

Chunji annoys him when he’s like that. And today is not a very good time.

“What’s the matter this time?” CAP peeked from the kitchen.

‘Oh great. Concerned Umma and Appa allert.’ Changjo thought sarcastically, rolling his eyes. He doesn’t have time for this.

Chunji shrugged and returned his attention back to Changjo. He used his foot to nudge Changjo’s legs on the couch to catch his attention.

“Yah! I’m talking to you!”

“Just get lost, !” Changjo hissed and sits up to glare at Chunji, losing his patience. His own words surprising himself.

Chunji gasps and punched Changjo’s legs only to make the maknae get even angrier. What the hell is wrong with the maknae?

“What did you say to me?!” Chunji fumes, tighting his hold on his glass. CAP sighs and made his way next to Chunji, pulling the singer away from the maknae and taking the glass from him in case he breaks it.

CAP doesn’t want any fight in between the group.

“Chunji, calm down.”

L.Joe’s room door opened with Ricky and L.Joe’s head popping out to take a peek at the commotion outside. “What’s happening?” Ricky asked L.Joe with round, confused eyes. L.Joe just shrugged and fully opened their door. He took a step outside and made his way to the other three guys.

“What’s up.” He crossed his arms, hoping he can help fix this misunderstandings. Chunji glanced at L.Joe and points an accusing finger at Changjo who has his face burried on his palms, elbows resting on top of his folded knees.

“This just called me a !”

L.Joe sighs and scratches his head. They’re being immature again. How is he suppose to fix this? Chunji and Changjo always get into fights and doesn’t get a long that well. Both are very impatient.

“Hyungdeul, if you’re going to fight. Keep it down, arasseo?” Ricky instructed before going back in his room with a pout.

Chunji just sighed and looks away, biting his lower lip to calm his self-down. He scratched his head furiously before nodding at Changjo.

“Ara. I’ll try to understand you this time cause I know you have your own troubles—“ Chunji hasn’t even finished his sentence when Changjo stood up.

“Save those lectures up for next time.” He looked straight into Chunji’s eyes with a serious expression. “I’m not in the mood for s.” He growls and made his way to his shared room with Niel, slamming the door behind him.

Chunji rounded his eyes at him, hands balled into fists.

“WHY THAT KID!” He was about to saunter towards Changjo’s room when CAP stopped him, again.

“Let him go this time. Like what you said.” CAP says in his deep voice.

“We should understand him. We all know he’s having a hard time right now.” Chunji made an angry growl before stomping his feet and back to his room. CAP sighed and shook his head. He can’t even control s now.

“Is Niel going to be okay?” CAP turned and asked L.Joe as the thought of Niel cross his mind.

L.Joe raised both of his eyebrows. Why wouldn’t he?

“What do you mean?”

“We have an angry bear on the loose.” CAP says, clearly referring to Changjo. “How is Niel going to take that? You know how fragile he is. I’m just worried Changjo might fight him too.”

L.Joe just chuckled and pats CAP’s shoulder. He doesn’t even look worried at all.

“Don’t worry. Niel is the most powerful in the group. He’s the only one who can tame the wild beast here.” CAP only blinked. It’s clear that he didn’t get what L.Joe said.

Instead of explaining his words more, L.Joe just sighed and shook his head before leaving a lost CAP in the living room. Stopping momentarily to look at Changjo and Niel’s room with a worried glance. “Niel, it’s up to you now.” He murmurs and lets out another sigh. He knows that only Niel can make their maknae open up without him tearing up things.

Niel is the only person Changjo lets in. It’s always Niel. Not just Changjo, but all of them. They let their guard down when Niel is around. They trusts him. Niel always have this charm where he’ll give you the feeling of not being alone. He’s always there for everyone. It was kind of amazing how Niel got in into Changjo’s inner self without much effort. But then, it didn’t really surprised L.Joe that much. Niel has a very loving and friendly aura.

L.Joe smiled at that thought. At least someone can look after Changjo.

--

Changjo slammed the door behind him and made his way to sit on the bed.

He cursed and rests his head on both his palms. He shouldn’t have yelled at his hyungs. He groaned at how stupid and disrespectful of him to his friends. He ddn't mean to yell at them. It's just that... things around him is no longer in his control. It upsets him to know he couldn't do nothing.

He kept on cursing without realizing that he’s not alone in the room, completely forgetting about his room mate.

“You know, those words hurt my ears.”

Changjo jerked up and turned to his side to see Niel lying on the floor. His hair is a mess, clothes crumpled as he rubs his ears while pouting.

“What are you doing there?” Seeing his hyung calmed Changjo a bit. He doesn’t know why but whenever he gets aggravated or mad, with just looking at Niel, it disappears without a reason. Maybe it’s because he knows Niel understands him the most? He’s his best friend after all.

Niel sat up and ruffled his hair, one eye closed. He stretched his arms and yawns. Niel scratches his chin and wonders how he fell asleep so easily. He was just lying on the floor – he loves to lie on the floor a lot rather than in bed – and without him knowing, he fell asleep.

Changjo looked away and chose to ignore the other boy inside the room. Niel sighed and stood up. He fixed his clothes and busied himself. Changjo would occasionally glance at Niel to see what he was doing.

“Why are you so annoying?” Changjo blurted out without him realizing it. Niel looked up at Changjo with wide, round eyes. He felt slightly offended.

“What did you just say?”

Changjo only blinked and didn’t respond. He doesn’t like repeating his self.

Niel clicked his tongue and pointed a finger at Changjo.

“Fix your attitude before I fix it, boy.” Niel warned and went to their closet to get clean clothes. Changjo only chuckled and looks down on his hands.

“Niel,” He called. His aura cooling down.

“It’s hyung for you, Changjo.” Niel sighed as he took out his favorite sweatshirt from the closet. Changjo smirked when he thought of an idea and glanced at Niel again.

“Yeobo?” He once called him that name and he couldn’t help but laugh at his reaction. He looked really horrified back then. What really amuse him the most was what Niel’s response to him.

Don’t call me yeobo! Call me yeobo when we’re on phone or something!’— Niel

The callname made Niel stop on what he was doing. His left eye twitching as he turns his head to look at Changjo.

“What did you just—“

“Ah!  I need help!” He whines to change the topic, looking away. Immediately regretting what he called him. Fighting with him or anyone is what he wants the least for this moment.

Niel blinked at him and removed his shirt. Forgetting his annoyance.

“Help? Whoa. Changjo’s asking for help? That’s new.” Niel chuckles unbelievingly before wearing his sweatshirt on.

Changjo glanced at him.

“Help me?” He asked with so much hesitation. It was new to him to ask for help.

Niel brightened up and nodded. This is what he loves to do the most. Helping others.

“Sure! Let’s ask the others.” He offers. Changjo looked at him in horror. Why would he ask for the others? Wouldn’t this be their secret? He doesn’t want to let the other members know or they'll thought he's weak but with Niel’s bright, excited smile, he couldn't get himself to object anymore and kept his lips shut.

--

Night time came. After eating their dinner, cooked by Ricky and L.Joe, everyone settled in the living room like what Niel had requested.

Changjo sat on the floor nervously while Niel, L.Joe and Ricky sat on the couch. CAP and Chunji are sitting on the two single couches. No one was talking until Niel chose to break the silence.

“Changjo is getting married.” He finally announced. Changjo flinched.

Ricky widened his eyes and claps at Changjo’s face.

“Congratulations!” He congratulated teasingly not fully understanding the whole situation.

Changjo had an annoyed face and ignored Ricky. Chunji looked at Changjo in pity. CAP just yawned and nodded. “You’re finally becoming a man, maknae.” He says.

Niel tried his best not to laugh because he knew this is a serious matter. Changjo has been telling him that his father is forcing him to do things that he doesn’t want. But this time, Niel knows he needs the all help that he can get.

“And he needs help for it not to happen.” Niel continued and glanced at L.Joe.

Everyone became alert.

“L.Joe hyung, do you have any ideas?”

“Wait. What’s wrong with getting married?” Ricky asked as he sits up straight, confused. “Is it that bad?” Changjo sighs and stares at the floor.

“Dude, getting married is like ‘game over’.” Chunji exclaims and glanced at Changjo. Being the Casanova he is, getting married is the least thing he wanted to do. He feels for him. “Sorry for being a earlier. I didn’t know you’re getting all through this.” Chunji scratches his head, apologetic. “I understand your situation right now. I know how you feel.” Chunji gave Changjo a concerned look.

Changjo just showed Chunji a small smile. He was never angry at him so there’s no need in forgiving.

“Why don’t you just hire a random girl to act as your fake girlfriend to show her that you already have someone else? That way, she’ll give up on you.” L.Joe suddenly suggested and shrugs. Everyone thought about L.Joe’s idea.

Niel brightened up and glomps L.Joe.

“Genius!” Niel exclaims. L.Joe chuckled and pulls Niel closer by his waist.

“Hiring someone to act as my girlfriend is just the same as having a girlfriend. That’s the least thing I wanted to do you know.” Changjo rolled his eyes, not even impressed by L.Joe’s idea. L.Joe smirked and took his box of pockey out before taking one stick and wrapping his thin lips around it, slightly biting on the end.

“Not really. Can’t you tell the difference between real and a fake?”

Niel let go of L.Joe and sat on the floor next to Changjo to nudge him. He nodded at Changjo encouragingly. “It’s a good idea.” Changjo just sighed in defeat. He thought about it carefully. It doesn’t sound bad after all but he’s hesitant about it. He doesn’t know if he can do it.

“Let’s find a girl then!” Ricky declared and stood up. He held his palm in front of him and grins at everyone. L.Joe placed his left palm on top of Ricky’s and nodded back at Niel and Changjo. Niel smiled when he caught L.Joe’s eyes and placed his right palm on top of his hyung’s hand, Changjo then soon followed.

“Let’s do this.” Chunji agreed and stood up as well, placing his right palm on top of Changjo’s hand. L.Joe glanced at CAP and hits his arm. “Wake up, looser.” CAP opened his eyes and scratches his head before joining in.

“We’ll be in search for Miss Right then!” Ricky announced with a wide grin. Niel and L.Joe nodded at the same time while CAP and Chunji just smiled. Changjo didn’t know how to respond. He’s glad for having friends like them. He’s glad for having Teen Top with him.

“I’m glad I have you guys.” He thought and smiles wholeheartedly.


A/N: And I just can't help but put this here. Look! It's baby Byung! rofl
Thank you for subscribing and commenting! <3