Trip

He's My Girlfriend! (A Pretend)

A/N: A brief history about how they met. Oh and hey~ it has been a while. I hope you enjoy. Thanks for reading! Merry Christmas everyone!


L.Joe was calmly watering the plants outside to the foyer while the rest of the gang gathers around inside the dorm. L.Joe has been taking care of his plants since he joined Teen Top.

They weren’t a gang who fights off other gangs nor celebrities, but they’ve all decided to think of their group’s name, to what they should call themselves. And since they were all still a teenager back then, Chunji came up with the name ‘Teen Top’. Teen Top? But why ‘Top’? Chunji explained that they wanted to be on top, that’s why he placed ‘Top’ after ‘Teens’. Teen agers who wanted to reach the top, hoping that one day, they will all be successful men.

It was kind of a childish name for CAP and L.Joe, saying it’s not cool enough but since no one can win against Chunji, they all agreed to it.

They all met up by accident. CAP and L.Joe were the first one to build the group. CAP decided to leave his home where he lives with his grandma and grandpa, his parents left him when he was still a kid. He doesn’t want to be a burden to them, so he decided to run away but after some time, he started missing them and felt bad leaving them without saying anything. And so, he finally decided to keep in touch while he is away.

While L.Joe on the other hand, he met CAP on the streets. His bag was snatched away but CAP came to his rescue. He thought that the big, scary boy doesn’t seem so bad so he decided to help him and gave him a place to stay since he’s alone and his parents are away from abroad.

The third person to actually join the group was Chunji. He knocked on L.Joe’s door one day and offered them random things he’s selling, he’s doing things to make a living since his parents are away to Osaka. But L.Joe hardly refused the offer for they don’t have any money. It didn’t stop Chunji from approaching them after that and that’s when he offered that he wanted to join and build a gang with them.

After those encounter, the three boys saw a young kid wondering the streets alone with his bag with him. Chunji approached him first and offered help. But they were surprised when the boy suddenly yelled out “hyung!” and clings to them like they know him. Chunji, L.Joe and CAP doesn’t have a choice but to adopt the kid since he doesn’t have a place to stay. “Please keep me~” The boy used a puppy eyes. “My mom kicked me out and said something about growing up…” Chunji gave the boy a warm smile and nodded. CAP and L.Joe could only huff as another person is added to their group.

The next one to join the gang was a wealthy kid who is looking for a place to live in too. He said he wanted to be independent and wants a place of his own. When he found his own place, he met them at some park.

He met Ricky on the streets and made friends with him, and since Ricky is a very friendly kid, he pulled the wealthy boy into the group and offered friendship. The new kid offered a nice place to live in as exchange, bringing the gang with him to a better place and a luxurious one at that, at a hotel his mother owns. His name is Jong Hyun, but he prefer them calling him Changjo. He was very silent and a bit distant and mysterious, Chunji can only remember him talking to him when he’s hungry and is asking him for food.

The last person to actually join the group, was Niel. Niel was walking around in Seoul looking lost, he was from his home from the province and decided to move to a bigger place. He has his bags with him as he walks around the city in hopes that he’ll find a cheap place to live in. His parents decided to send him to Seoul to have his studies for they heard the quality of education in the city, they thought it’ll be a big help if one of their sons finished college in the city.

It was Changjo who saw him and kept him. Changjo and Niel knows each other since they were a kid. They grew up together in their province but since Changjo and his family moved to Seoul, he doesn’t have a choice but to leave his friend behind.

When Niel joined the gang, everything suddenly became cheerful and joyful. It was like he’s the mood maker in the group. He would cheer everyone and encourage them to try better and everyone is thankful of having him in the gang. And thanks to him, the youngest would sometimes talk and join in the conversations the group is having and Ricky has a hyung he can have fun and mess around.

L.Joe smiled to himself as he kneels down and admires the flower he has been taking care of. Thinking of how their group was formed years ago still makes a smile cross his thin lips. He never expected to have great friends such as Teen Top. He’s glad he met everyone.

“You’ll grow out to be beautiful.” He murmurs as he admires the growing bud, spraying minimal water to his small plant.

 A week without school, Ricky could only cheer endlessly at this. Dancing around the dorm and announcing nonstop about the holiday.

“Guys, guys! No classes for a week!”

L.Joe heard Ricky’s loud voice inside to the living room. He straightened up and felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He raised an eyebrow when he saw the caller I.D.

Haemi?

“Hello?” He answered, wondering to why would Changjo’s fiancé call him.

“Hi, L.Joe oppa!”

“Haemi, why did you called?” He asked, glancing at his other members inside.

“I just want to remind you guys about the trip I offered last time…” L.Joe can clearly hear the excitement on the girl’s voice. “I’ll pick you guys up tomorrow morning, neh?” She squeals. L.Joe turned to his side to see the rest of the group chatting with each other. He thought about it for awhile before nodding.

“Uhm, yeah sure. I’ll tell the guys so we can prepare for it.” He answers as he made his way inside and stands behind Chunji who is seated at the single couches.

“Yay! Okay! See you all tomorrow then~”

“Who’s that?” Chunji asked L.Joe when he saw the shorter boy talking with someone on  his phone.

“Changjo’s fiancé.” He answers casually as he put his phone back in his jean pocket.

“I heard that.” Changjo appeared from the kitchen and growls. “Quit mentioning her name.” He moved his bangs to the side as he frown, making his way to sit on the couch. It annoys him whenever his hyungdeul would address that girl as his fiancé, or even mention her name.

“Morning everyone!” Niel’s cheerful and loud voice echoed in the living room. Seems like he has a great sleep despite being so drunk yesterday… wouldn’t he be having a hangover or something?

Changjo saw Niel purposely skips beside L.Joe and hugs him from behind. He felt his chest tighten when he saw the smile on Niel’s lips the moment he hug the shorter boy.

That smile… He would never admit it to anyone, but Changjo wanted to be the only cause of that smile. That his hyung will only smile like that because of him. And yes, he’s starting to get selfish without realizing it.

“Aren’t you suppose to be crying cause of a headache?” L.Joe asked as he let the taller boy hug him. Niel only shook his head no. “Already did earlier.” He grins as if it was nothing. Changjo only watched them with heavy eyes.

‘Dani-goon, I love you.”

L.Joe’s words echoed at the back of Changjo’s mind, making him groan in annoyance. He wanted to forget what happened the night before but he couldn’t. He wanted to act as though he heard nothing but he couldn’t stop himself from getting aggravated by those words he heard last night. He felt as though he should do something. But what?

“Hyung, cook me breakfast.” Niel ordered with a wide grin but he only received a smack on his shoulder by the shorter boy. “Shut up. It’s already past lunch.”

Changjo shook his head and turns around, breaking his gaze from them. “Why am I being like this?” Changjo hissed and ruffles his bangs in irritation.

He’s starting to get more and more affected even by Niel’s small actions towards the other male. He doesn’t want to, but he couldn’t stop himself from being upset whenever Niel does skinship with the other members… especially now knowing something that made him have anxious thoughts. L.Joe liking Niel. But why? Does he really like him that way?

No. This is nothing. I’ll get over this soon.

Chunji noticed the maknae’s discomfort before looking back at Niel and L.Joe. When an idea came up in his mind, he grins wickedly and made his way next to Changjo, squishing him on the couch.

“Hey there, maknae.” He greeted with a wide grin. Changjo only spared him a glance before looking away.

“What.”

“Something going on?” Chunji asked with his starry eyes, secretly hoping that his gut feelings are right, that their maknae is finally showing –maybe slightly- some interest on Niel and if it is, it’ll make him win the bet he has with CAP against Ricky and L.Joe.

Changjo rolled his eyes and decides to ignore the older boy. He can tell by the looks his hyung is giving him, that he has something wicked going on in his dirty mind.

“Oh and guys. Haemi called. She reminded me about the trip she offered us.” L.Joe announced before he could forget.

“OH. Right!” Ricky chirped, bolting up from sitting on the floor.

“Trip?” Niel echoed as he lets go of L.Joe. Seems like he’s the only one who doesn’t know about this.

“Yep. So prepare for being Changjo’s girlfriend for a week, Niellie~” Chunji smirked and make girly noises beside the maknae. Niel scrunched up his nose in disgust. “Ew, hyung. You look ugly.”

--

Haemi squealed as the holiday comes. She smiles widely as she and Changjo’s gang one by one exited the bus with him assisting his girlfriend with her things. They’re now at the beach, at Haemi’s private resort.

Changjo could only hope for the best that nothing bad happens to them while on their trip. He watched as his hyungdeul run and chase each other around under the glaring sun.

“Ah~ Sea. It’s been a while since I last visited a beach.” Changjo heard Niel exclaim beside him. He saw the sparkle in his hyung’s eyes and he could only smile at this, knowing how Niel loves the beach. His eyes can never miss the way Niel’s eyes twinkle as he hold the hem of his white summer dress Chunji made him wear. Niel seems to be enjoying the view and he wouldn’t want to ruin it.

“You can join them, I’ll take care of our things.” Changjo offered as he carries his and Niel’s bag with both his hands. Niel looked at him with a frown, holding his summer hat in place.

“Pabo, you can’t carry those alone.” He remarked. Changjo gave Niel a smirked before pulling their bags up and carrying them with ease to the hotel Haemi owns.

Niel watched as the maknae walks away from him, making him swallow his own words.

“Show off.” He mumbles and crosses his arms before trailing behind Changjo.

Haemi raised her chin as she watches Niel’s every moves.

Let’s see how strong you can hold onto him.

She thought before following them with her bags being carried by her butler and some maids.

Dropping their things on their hotel room, Changjo dragged himself towards the bed. He heaves out a heavy sigh as he lay his back on the soft bed. Finally, he can have some peace.

“It was too hot outside!”

He heard someone whining and sees Niel entering the room with a frown visible on his plump lips. Changjo rolled his eyes. He took a pillow and made an effort to wrap the soft cushion around his head to cover his ears. Some peace he thought he’s having.

“Of course it is.” He answers dryly.

Niel placed both his hands on the side of his hips and watches Changjo with wary eyes.

“You look tired.” He noticed.

Changjo only closed his eyes as he tries relaxing his muscles and mind. He’s being stressed over for the past few days, weeks and months, and he wanted a break. He doesn’t want to think about things too much, now that he was given a vacation. All he wanted to do now, is have fun and forget about his problems.

He felt his hyung’s weight on the bed with him but he still ignored it. He wanted to rest and even if Niel bothers him, he decided not to acknowledge him.

“Something bothering you?” Niel peeked at Changjo’s face as he crawls next to the younger. He couldn’t help but notice Changjo’s tired aura and it worries him. It always does.

Can’t you just leave me alone for a bit?

“Ya.” Niel poked him. “Let’s go join the others to eat first before you can take a nap.” Niel offered and made an effort to pull the pillow from Changjo’s head. But Changjo gave him a firm refusal and didn’t get up.

“Maknae.” Niel whines and tries pulling Changjo up by his wrist. He crawled closer until his knees touches Changjo’s hips. “Get up.” He ordered. He blows his bangs in annoyance and tugged on the maknae’s wrist. ‘We’re doing this again.’ He thought about how Changjo always give him a hard time when it comes to getting off of the bed.

“Changjo, come on!” Niel exclaims and pulled Changjo up, forcing him to sit on the bed. Changjo frowned deeply but still had his eyes closed. “Can you stop with your whining?” Changjo fixed his bangs to his side and reopens his eyes to see Niel staring blankly at him.

“… what?”

“Don’t move.”

Changjo blinked his tired eyes and obeyed. He warily watches Niel lean closer to his face until their faces are inches apart. “There’s something in your eye.” Niel raised his right arm and runs his thumb across the side of Changjo’s left eye. He got a short strand of hair at the end of his eyebrow just above his eye and Niel assumed it was an eyelash.

Changjo unconsciously moved his eyes towards Niel’s lips as he tries to calm his heart beating wildly against his chest. Those lips. Those lips that had been in his mind. Changjo felt his eyes slowly droop as Niel unconsciously leans a bit more closer without noticing Changjo’s condition.

Changjo felt his world spin as he find his left hand tracing Niel’s perfect jaw, eyes lock on his lips.

I wonder…

Niel froze when he felt the maknae’s soft, hesitant touch and his eyes moved automatically to see Changjo’s hazy eyes staring down at his lips. He felt his heart stop the moment he realized their situation and he suddenly find it hard to breathe being this close again with their maknae. ‘This…’ Niel thought and met eyes with Changjo.

“Changjo…” Niel continued to stare back at Changjo’s unreadable eyes and felt himself shift on his spot on the bed and tries to pull away, but later found out that Changjo’s hand is holding his wrist, preventing him from pulling away much further.

Niel didn’t made another move and just stared back. Why. He found his self trapped again in his dark, mysterious eyes. And this is happening so often now. It made him wonder..

“Hey guys,“ L.Joe caught himself as he stares at the couple on the bed. Niel broke his gaze at Changjo and glanced at the door to see L.Joe standing there with surprised eyes. Changjo only lowered his head and closed his eyes in an attempt to wake himself up from being in a daze.

Intruders.

“L.Joe oppa!” Haemi soon followed after L.Joe and witnessed the scene. She can feel the tension in the air as the three looks at each other, mouths shut tight.

Niel saw Haemi and L.Joe standing side by side on the door while L.Joe only stared at the couple on the bed.

‘They’re together again.’ Niel and L.Joe thought inside their head.

Everyone almost jumped in surprise when they heard a clap behind L.Joe and Haemi. Distracting them.

“Alright, why is there a heavy atmosphere in here?” Chunji questioned and squishes his way inside the room. No one utters a word and bothers answering his question.

“What are you guys doing still in here?” He asked again and scans the room.

Niel pulled away from Changjo but remained on his spot next to him. Changjo looked away from everyone and mentally scolded himself. Changjo, self control.

“Niel, what are you doing here?” Haemi asked and saw Niel's bags inside, ignoring Chunji. L.Joe looked away and took his phone inside his pocket to distract himself while Chunji made his way to sit on a chair in front of a desk.

“… this is our room.” Niel answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Chunji faced Haemi and nodded. “Is there wrong with that?” He asked with a raise of his eyebrows.  

“Niel isn’t going to sleep here.” Haemi said flatly, her left eye twitching at the thought of Changjo and Niel sharing one room and one bed.

Niel’s ears perked up at the mention of him having separated rooms with the maknae. He cringed at the idea having a room alone. He couldn’t sleep without someone next to him. It has became a habit for him.

“Then, where do I sleep?” He asked. He felt Changjo moving and found him lying on the bed once again. Niel frowned and gave him a hard slap on his thigh. “Ya!”

Haemi smiled, her eyes shrinking. Stupid, you think I’ll let you have Jong Hyun on this trip?

“Silly Niel, you’ll have your own room. You can’t be sharing the same room with a boy, right?” She faced L.joe and Chunji as if trying to have them on her side.

“But actually, they already do.” Chunji announced dryly, looking at Haemi with a lost expression as if he doesn’t see anything wrong with a girl sharing rooms with a boy alone.

“Niel stays with me and that’s it. Now leave us alone for a bit.” Changjo muttered. “I want an alone time with my girlfriend. You’re ruining our moment.” He announced and pulled Niel down with him on his chest. Niel looked at Changjo with an emotion somewhat close to confusion.

Haemi was about to object but Chunji only nudges her. “If maknae gets his mind into something that he wants, you can no longer change it so don’t bother. Let’s just wait for them later.”

Chunji was the first one to walk away, followed by Haemi who had a scowl on her face.

“We came… just to tell you guys that we’re having dinner later.” L.Joe finally spoke. He forced himself to look at the couple on the bed and gave them a short nod. “Your acting is getting really good. You guys have great timing knowing when Haemi will come.” He smiled as if to show he approves it. ”… and it’s convincing enough it’s also starting to deceive me.” L.joe stood by the door for a few seconds before walking away.

“Hyung!” Niel tried to call out but L.Joe had already left.

Changjo opens his eyes as he digest L.Joe’s words in his mind.

Acting…

“What… is he trying to say?” Niel felt heavy at the sight of L.Joe’s eyes when he left. There’s something in them and Niel felt somewhat guilty. Is it the right word for it? Guilty? But about what?

He turned his head to look back at the maknae next to him. He let out a sigh and gave up. If Changjo doesn’t want to get up and wants to be alone, he can give it to him. He’ll let this time pass but he’d want an answer from the youngest to why he’s still being stressed over at the things around them when he can clearly see a progress about their pretend and relationship.

“Whatever is bothering you, you can always tell me, Changjo.” Niel says in a comforting way and leans closer to kiss Changjo’s cheeks before crawling out of the bed to join the others.

Changjo placed a hand over his cheeks where Niel had kissed him.

“I don’t know if I should tell you.” Changjo sighs as he thought about his feelings for his hyung.

I have to clarify these feelings I have first before making a move.


Preview on the next update: Our games

Ricky with Chunji, Niel with L.Joe and Haemi with Changjo. Everyone became rigid when the last couples were announced.

“I am not joining this game.” Changjo hissed dangerously.

“Jong hyun, you have to. Everyone is joining the game.” Haemi pouted. “And besides… Niel wouldn’t mind being partners with L.joe oppa, right?” She had an evil smirk on her face and everyone can clearly see it.