And Never Ending.

Shine Bright Like A Diamond

Shine Bright Like A Diamond

Chapter Forty-Three

Ji Yong shivered.

So cold, he briefly thought, but didn’t open his eyes. He simply curled into himself until his mind pulled him further from sleep. That was when he noticed it.   

A strange dull pain was rushing from the crown of his head, down the bridge of his nose, towards his jaw. He would have thought it was a headache, but it just seemed to get worst as time passed. His throat ached every time he swallowed, his chest burned, his belly churned, and his legs cramped. Ji Yong opened his eyes, trying to crawl out of bed, only for vertigo to hit. His swimming vision made him groan as he coughed. The sweet scent of his own blood landing in the palm of his hand, made him stiffen.

What was wrong with him?

He took a deep breath, calming down. His throat was just sore, that would explain the slight blood. For a moment, he sat there, blinking away his dizziness. “Seung Hyun,” the sound of his voice was raspy, as if he hadn’t drank water in days. Ji Yong turned his head, hoping to find Seung Hyun in the bed, wanting to be curled in his arms and warmth. But the bed was completely empty.

His eyes darted to the tightly shut window, biting into his lip as he watched the sun rise. His eyebrows knitted together as he watched the sun speed in an odd way, towards the horizon. Ji Yong had watched so many sun rises before, but this was the first time that he had seen it moved like that. Almost as if he was in a movie and things around him were getting rewound.

“Am I dreaming?” he questioned, while reaching his hands towards his bed. The soft material felt real enough against his fingers. It also felt cold. But he was sure Seung Hyun wouldn’t have allowed him to wake up alone. He would have been back way before sunrise…

“It’s not a dream,” A voice behind him said. Ji Yong stiffened. That voice wasn’t his Seung Hyun’s voice; there was someone else in the room with him. It wasn’t someone he knew at all. “I created a time warp around this room the moment that Seung Hyun left. Time in here goes a lot faster, than if you were outside. I wanted to make sure that I got to kill you before he returned.” The man chuckled. Ji Yong shook, but then pushed himself up and turned around, glaring when he saw Patron Park Jae Sung standing there.

No, wait; there was something odd about the man…his eyes. They were completely dark. “What do you want!” he hissed, barring his fangs. On second thought, who cares what he wanted! “Get the out of my room!”

The man shrugged his shoulders, shaking his head in amusement. “I just came here to make sure I got rid of the competition,” he drawled, eyes roaming up and down Ji Yong’s crouched form. So, this was the beloved Vampire heir. He didn’t look like much, but he had heard about him and his powers. He wondered if any of that was true. “You don’t look like much, what could Seung Hyun possibly see in you…”

“What…” Ji Yong looked confused. He pursed his lips, swallowing hard as he felt his throat throb a bit more noticeably. He was trying really hard not to show that his body was sort of weakened. He didn’t think it was lack of blood either. At least, he hoped. He was sure he’d had enough not to be so parched in the morning…

“I’m here to get rid of you,” The man hissed. He didn’t want to say too much, but darting his eyes to how the morning sun was now settled, he supposed he had time. It wasn’t like anyone would intervene at this moment. Everyone else was asleep. They wouldn’t be up for hours to come. More than likely they would oversleep, judging what time the ceremony had ended. He had Ji Yong, all alone in this room, for the next ten hours, if Seung Hyun didn’t come back to early.

Ji Yong coughed, glaring up at the man before he swayed. “Oh,” he breathed, and fell on his to the floor, shaking his head.  

The man’s lips curled into a smirk, and a knife magically appeared in his hands. “Still confused?” he asked. “Well, here’s the deal. The reaper is mine, I owned him before you ever did, and I am his master! You’re in the way, so I have to get rid of you!” The man watched the young vampire heir sigh, and get back to his feet. He raised an eyebrow, “What is wrong with you? Not enough blood?” he asked.

Ji Yong shrugged, before narrowing his eyes, “Finders keepers,” he hissed, completely changing the subject away from himself “I’m not giving Seung Hyun up—at all!” This control freak could go to hell! There was no way that he was ever giving Seung Hyun up to anyone ever again, it was already enough with had happened before. Even if Death had taken Seung Hyun, he felt like he had somehow failed the reaper, and this time he was going to be strong enough not to allow it!

“You will,” The man flicked his knife, “When you’re dead.” He then dashed forward, knife poised to kill. Ji Yong moved to the side, fist ready, and drove it into the man’s stomach, pushing him back. The Vampire heir couldn’t help but notice the lack of strength in his punch as the man barely flew away. Ji Yong jumped three times, his back hitting against the wall as he did, fear rushing through his veins as vertigo hit him again. What was wrong with him?

“What…what have you done to me!” Ji Yong demanded, clenching both his fists. He was going to destroy this man for daring to ever enter in his room!

The man clutched at his chubby stomach, gulping in deep breaths. He waved his other hand at the pink and blue haired vampire, before whipping the saliva that had drooled down his lips. “Nothing yet,” he smirked.

Ji Yong didn’t believe it. The cramping pain that had seemed to develop seemed to replace the dull ache that he had felt. It was like he could feel every vein and tendril inside of his body, being pulled, and stretched, irritating his every nerve. Ji Yong shivered again. Why was this damn room so freaking cold! The sun outside was shining brightly, and it usually warmed his room, but he couldn’t stop shivering from how cold it was.

“Let’s try this again,” The man cleared his throat, straightening up again.  Ji Yong opted to ignore the pain that he was feeling within him, and raised his hands, ready for anything. The man brushed off his suit, and turned his eyes to Ji Yong, knife flashing once more. There wasn’t a lot that could kill a vampire, but ripping out their hearts would be enough to kill anyone. That was where he was aiming. He would even gift the piece of throbbing flesh to Seung Hyun, before claimed him his again.

Ji Yong moved out of the way, jumping behind the man swiftly, and kicked his head into the wall. He darted back, making sure that the door was behind him, before he flicked his hand, but nothing happened. He tried once more, willing his powers to help him, but nothing.  Ji Yong felt instead of his usual flames, the wind knocked out of him. It came with dawning realization that he couldn’t use his powers. His eyes moved to his hands, looking at them with shock, before he heard the man laugh and get up.

“Is that all you can do?” the man asked, with each word, his voice becoming that much more demonic. Ji Yong looked up from his shaking hands to the man, his eyes narrowing as he saw something dark surround him. The man started to laugh. What had he done to him! Ji Yong stepped back, blindly reaching for the door knob. “How pathetic,” the man turned, dark eyes now had a flashing red light at the center of them, and the face was pulled, and twisted, unrecognizable to that of Park Jae Sung.

Ji Yong’s hand twisted the door knob, ready to bolt, but it was locked. He pulled, and tried to break it down only to be slammed out of the way. Ji Yong growled, a sharp cry of pain leaving his lips as his back hit the wall on the other side of his room, and he slid down.

“I’m not stupid enough to not secure every possible exit from you,” that voice, “You’re like a little rat trapped here, and all for me to play with,” he chuckled.

Ji Yong clutched his chest, and then his belly, feeling even more drained than before. His breathing was becoming heavier. Seung Hyun, where are you. He thought as he briefly closed his eyes, and then pushed his fear back, turning to glare at the man, or thing that was currently on the other side of the room, and slowly approaching him. “Get back!” Ji Yong roared.

“I love the fear in your face! I wish Seung Hyun could see it. He’d appreciate it,” The man hummed, not stopping for one second. Ji Yong’s nails grew out, and when the man got to close to bear, he swiped at his face, scratching him deeply. The man cried out, clutching his face, and Ji Yong kicked him in the knees, intending to break the limb, before he darted away, careful not to get caught.

With the man pathetically crying about his face, Ji Yong looked around the room. No one knew his room better than he did. Ji Yong was really handy in the things that he kept around, and weapons were one of those things. Pulling the cabinet with his and Seung Hyun’s underwear, Ji Yong pulled out two small, black switch-blades. He then turned back around, slamming the cabinet closed, and shoving the other one into his pocket.

The man was gone…where

Before Ji Yong could look to the side, he was pushed by that same overbearing force, and he slammed against the other wall. Ji Yong heard himself cry this time, and tears threatened to fall down his cheeks. It hurt a lot more than before.

Ji Yong’s stomach was in pain, and his breathing was heavy once more. What was this? Ji Yong couldn’t dwell on it long, his ears quickly picked up the fast moving footsteps. He coughed once, but before the knife in the man’s hand could come in contact with his skull, Ji Yong had turned, the switchblade in his hand shinning against the bright sun light, and colliding with it. Ji Yong was shaking, but he’d be damned if he be viewed as weak.

He had to be strong!

He was the damned Vampire Heir!

He was going to be Seung Hyun’s mate!

And he wasn’t going to let things end here! He still had a lot that he looked forward to in the future.

His leg kicked out, and he knocked the man down. Jae Sung landed on his back, and angrily kicked his legs out just as Ji Yong managed to catch himself on his hands. His left arm was hit by the kick, and Ji Yong cried as he lost balance and fell on his face. His eyes widening the moment that he felt the switchblade fly out of his hand, and out of his reach.

Jae Sung sat up quickly, moving to the fallen vampire, and jumped on him. Ji Yong groaned, his fingers barely twitching as breathing became damned near to impossible. His stomach, his damned stomach, and the burning blood in his veins—what was wrong with him! What was this thing that was making him so weak!

Jae Sung threaded his fingers around the short pink and blue strands, pulling Ji Yong’s head back as far as it would go, before slamming it down once more. “Playing with you is so much fun!” the man cackled, “What is this,” he said, turning Ji Yong’s face to the side, “So pretty, aren’t you,” he murmured. “Bet everyone falls in love with you,” the man lowly said, his sick voice so close to Ji Yong’s ear that it made his skin crawl with disgust. “Life must be so easy, having everyone love you, care for you, admire you, oh, praise of the prince who is to become a king. Heh,” the man scoffed, “Why be a king, when you can be a God?” (1) The man whispered. “But, I have no idea what someone like you could possibly want with Seung Hyun,”

Ji Yong shoved his hands down, struggling to get the heavy man off of him. He was crushing his ribcage, making his shallow gasps not enough to fill his lungs. “Get off!” he hissed, only to be slammed back down.

“Does everyone know now, that the source of my fame, my power, all of it, is thanks to that reaper?” The man wondered to himself. “With him around, everyone feared me,”

“ you,” Ji Yong growled.

“I’m pretty sure he did. I trained him to screw people over, for everything. I always got away with it, I was invisible, and then…I lost it all.” The man cackled even more. The sound suddenly stopped, and a different voice filled the room. “Father, kill him already so that we can get Seung Hyun, and go,”

Ji Yong used the slight distraction to push away from the crazy man, and crawled his way to the other side of the room.

“Aww, look what you just did Jae Sung!” The man roared, his face was twisted, but one eye was fully black now, and the other still had that eerie red glow to it. “Our little bunny got away from us,” that right side of the face curled its lip.

“Dad!” the other one cried.

“Hush now, let me do what I came to,” The man hissed, and then his face was fully twisted. The other eye was glowing red again, and he was on his feet.

“You…you’re,” Ji Yong breathed deeply, “You’re Jae Sung’s father!” he said, shock lacing his very voice. He had only ever heard of the man. He couldn’t believe his own ears though. That man…that vile man that had once owned Seung Hyun was here before him. Ji Yong wanted to make him pay for all the hurt he had ever caused to Seung Hyun!

“Back to the world of the living,” The man smiled big, throwing his arms to either side, and giving his hips a wiggle. “It happened not so long ago either. Someone killed my son and left him to rot near the abyss, not that I care, it just made way for me!” the man laughed, “all this time, I’ve been in hell mourning my own death, my loss of Seung Hyun, but I cheated Death before, and I, just did it again,” he placed a hand over his chest. “Only to come back and learn that my reaper wasn’t being treasured, and instead was over here, being used by a damn brat who isn’t even old enough to be useful,” The man punched the wall beside him, “What is this bull about love, and mating, what the have you been trying to teach my reaper!” the man growled.

“He’s mine!” Ji Yong snapped, “Dead people should stayed buried where they are. I’m not giving Seung Hyun back to you.” Ji Yong clutched his stomach, and swallowed, “You’re the one that abused him and robbed him of a childhood home, he knows better now. He has two people that he can call parents now, he knows love, and warmth, and that is something that your hateful heart will never take away from him, even if you kill me!” Ji Yong smirked this time, “You’ve lost! What do you think will happen, if you go against a reaper?”

“Why you, little ing brat,” The man’s eyes flashed, “I’ll be sure to make playing with you enjoyable…for me!” The man moved swiftly across the room. Ji Yong barely managed to move out of the way at the last second.

The vampire heir moved towards the window, slamming into it, hoping to break it. Nothing, he cursed, and moved before he was caught, jumping up high, and flipping out of the way. He barely caught himself against a corner, his vision now swimming; his head feeling like it was spinning.

“Stay still!” the man roared, barreling towards him once more. Ji Yong stood his ground, crouching just a bit as he moved slightly to the side, one foot in front of the other. His hands grabbed the thicker one of the man, and he used whatever strength that he had to flip him back, and against the opposite wall.

Ji Yong gasped, clutching his belly and he fell once again, on his . He groaned, and despite everything feeling so cold, he felt bullets of sweat rolling down his forehead. “,” he groaned.

“Ouch,” The man slowly stood up, rubbing his head, and then sickly cracked his back. He turned his head again, this time grinning like a mad man. “That hurt,”

Ji Yong’s eyes widened, and he struggled to his feet. Whatever little strength that he had, he felt as if it had left him completely. He was to slow to move out of the way this time, his skull collided into another wall, but he didn’t fall this time. A hand, wrapped tightly around his throat kept him against it, crushing his windpipe, and not allowing his feet to touch the solid ground.

Ji Yong felt like crying in frustration.

“Now, now, you’ve already made what’s coming to you worse enough,” the man cooed.

Ji Yong trembled, “can’t…br..breathe,” he mumbled, closing his eyes shut.

“What was that?” the man asked, tilting his head. “I couldn’t hear you!”  he simply tightened his hold on the boy’s throat. Ji Yong gritted his teeth, and moved one hand down, locating the switchblade that was still in his pocket. “Are those tears?” the man asked, letting another laugh bubble past his lips. “AAAAAH!” he suddenly screamed.

Ji Yong coughed, keeping his hand tight around the switchblade that he had quickly buried into the man’s hand. He then moved to scramble out of the way, but before he could, a hand wrapped around his leg. Ji Yong fell down, face first. He turned, glared, and willed his powers to flare up in his anger, but they wouldn’t.  “Why!” Ji Yong roared.

The man on the ground raised his head, “You’re so weak boy!” he cackled, “Is this really all the power of the vampire heir,” he pulled at Ji Yong, dragging him towards him.

Ji Yong bared his fangs, sitting up quickly to stab the man’s hand. The man hissed, snatching his hand back fast, and knocking the switchblade away. Ji Yong kicked.  That was when the man raised his hand and that same overbearing power pushed Ji Yong back, holding him this time against the wall. Ji Yong felt plastered, as if there was a large glass wall being held against him.

“Enough of this.” The man stood, walking slowly to him. Ji Yong began to tremble, struggling to get freed. Once the man was close, the invisible wall seemed to disaster. Ji Yong thought he was going to fall, but that same disgusting hand caught him by the throat again.

The sun hit Ji Yong’s eyes, and he closed them.

“Let’s end this” The man raised his fist, and brought it down into the center of Ji Yong’s belly. Ji Yong gasped, the air knocked out of him. His insides churned. Again, the fist rose, “I used to discipline Seung Hyun like this, he learned quickly,” the fist came down, this one much harder, digging deeply into Ji Yong’s stomach. “He learned, but you, I don’t care about you. Die, you little brat, die,” He pulled his hand back again, and harshly slammed in a third time. Ji Yong’s whole body recoiled, and his mouth opened wide in a gasp, blood painting his white teeth. “Die!” The man hissed, another gut deep punch. He snapped his hand back far, and slammed back in, “Die!”

Ji Yong gasped, throwing his head back, blood spilling out from between his lips. The Young vampire gurgled in his own blood, struggling even more for air. But the tears in his eyes were not caused by the blood loss. They were caused by the strong contracting pain in his stomach, the pain of his limbs feeling cold as ice…he felt like dying. The pain was so much, tears just fell down his cheeks, and sadness gripped his chest.

“This is funny,” The man chuckled, his eyes following the trail of blood and saliva down that flawless jaw line, and that gorgeous throat. He got a few erted thoughts going. Beating someone to submission was always a sort of erse turn on for him. He his lips as he trailed his eyes down the bloody shirt, and then raised an eyebrow at the blood falling by Ji Yong’s legs.

Raising his other hand, he pressed it to the vampire’s stomach, searching. He had been married once, he even had the son to prove that he had once had someone to call his own. He knew certain tell tale signs of when a male or female was not feeling well, especially for a reason like this. Ji Yong, the vampire prince, had not fought him well so far, and it had been disappointing. He couldn’t understand why that was, or why he was acting all sick, but right now he was starting to wonder.

And yes, there it was, faint, and flickering, dying, he in a deep breath. “How wondrous,” the man whispered, loosening his hold on Ji Yong’s neck to get a look at his teary and bloody face, “You were pregnant,” he tried to hold it, but he couldn’t, the man laughed loudly, and jovially, while Ji Yong’s eyes widened and pain shot through his heart.

No way…that couldn’t be…he…he couldn’t be…he was pregnant? His, Seung Hyun's child, was that the pain...of losing his unborn child? 

Ji Yong pressed his teeth together, trembling with anger and pain. “Sh…shut up!” he barely managed out.

The man just laughed even more at the irony of it all. Ji Yong moved to get away from him, but he had little to no strength left. The hand around his neck tightened again, and he felt himself be dragged up the wall.

“I’m going to end the kid’s life first, and then yours,” The man explained, “I want to see the lock in your face when you feel your child die inside of you. And then I will take all the pain away, by ending your life,” the man reached into his pants pocket, showing a different kind of knife. This one was long, thin, with jagged teeth along one end, and a razor sharp slick curled edge and tip on the other end. Ji Yong shook his head, no, no, no. The man smiled. “I’ll make it really fast!” he said.

 “No…” Ji Yong whispered.

“You won’t feel anything at first!” he promised. He pulled his hand back, making sure Ji Yong could see all he was doing. He enjoyed the feel of Ji Yong’s pulsing veins in his throat; he could hear how fast his heart was pounding. For a brief moment he wondered if the boy would collapse from a heart attack.

“…please…” Ji Yong begged, trembling. Please, no.

The man flashed his teeth, and tilted the blade, catching the sunlight as he aimed it to Ji Yong’s belly, right where the baby was. “Die,” he hissed, and sent his knife down.

Ji Yong’s eyes widened, before the world around him went dark.


  1. Quote: “why Be A King, when you can be a God” Eminem—Rap God 

I Know guys! I left it at a bad place, but I will try to update soon again so you guys don't have to worry about finding out what will happen next. But, what did you think! no one knew ji was pregnant all this time, and no one seemed to suspect yay!! ^^ lol

See you guys next chapter!