To You

Shine Bright Like A Diamond

Shine Bright Like A Diamond 

Chapter Thirty Four

Ha Yi had not stopped crying since she had fled with Seung Hyun’s small body pressed tightly to her chest. In her mind, there was only one place that she could think of going, and that was to Dong Wook. How she was going to get to him, or if she was even going to get to see him, she was not sure, but she had no idea where else she could go other than him. With Seung Hyun’s young body not resistant to the cold, she feared that he was going to fall weak and end up with an illness.

Her own small body wasn’t that much better as she could practically feel herself be frozen in places that she didn’t think possible.

The light snow fall had turned harder, and now there was practically a blizzard. She could hardly even see a foot ahead of her, and her vision was blurry, her own breath felt cold.

It wasn’t common for a super being to fall ill as easily as humans, or to remain as such. But no matter what the species, when it came to children, it seemed that weaknesses or even illnesses could not be avoided. Even for a grown up like her to be placed in this situation where her senses were being assaulted, she wouldn’t doubt that this cold would be her coffin- that is why she did not dare to stop moving at all.

“Why…” she whispered more to herself than the sleeping child in her arms… “Why did you refuse to see Ji Yong…he would love you no matter what…” and more tears fell.

“I couldn’t…” Seung Hyun whispered his voice barely even there anymore. “I couldn’t tell him, I’m sorry. I love him so much. I’m so confused…” Seung Hyun’s body suddenly slumped.

Ha Yi felt Seung Hyun’s body go weak, making her turn to look at him, while placing one foot ahead of her. But no matter how much she wanted to keep going, she felt her footing slip, her eyes widened, and they were falling down towards a large chasm. Ha Yi screamed…

“SEUNG HYUN!”

Ha Yi’s eyes snapped open, panting hard. It was warm.

She gasped, looking frantically all around her and noticed that she was in a room. The room was decorated in warm colors of browns and reds all around, and a tightly red see through curtain was set over a large window, where the sun seemed to be shinning to light the room with a velvety crimson glow. Her hand shook a bit, wondering where she was when she heard a soft sigh from beside her.

Turning her head, she found a sleeping Seung Hyun, looking peaceful.

What had happened? The last thing she remembered they had been falling down a snow pile, but then everything was dark from there. Where they dead?

The door on the other side of the room suddenly swung open, and Ha Yi jumped, ready to attack anything that might come at her. She relaxed though when she saw the familiar dark hair and face of the one she had been starting to fall for. Prince Seven…Dong Wook. Ha Yi for a moment couldn’t believe her eyes- maybe they really were dead.

“I guessed from the scream that you might be awake, and perhaps hungry,” Dong Wook offered, smiling slightly at the shocked expression on her adorable face. Walking into the room, he closed the door and headed over to her.

Beside the bed she noted was a small fridge, and from in there he pulled out two blood bags. Ha Yi only noticed how thirsty she was when she saw the bags, and took one without thinking, immediately ripping her teeth into it. Dong Wook sat down beside Seung Hyun, reaching to touch one of his small feet, amazed by the blue haired baby. It was amazing to think that this stunning man had suddenly turned into nothing but a cute, helpless, baby.

Ha Yi curiously watched him before taking the empty bag away from her teeth, “What happened?” she asked.

“I found you both,” Dong Wook replied. “When I got back here I was given proper medical treatment that made me feel better in just hours. But I was still worried about you and whether I had failed Ji Yong when it came to this little monster here. So despite the blizzard that suddenly hit, I had decided to go looking for you- and I found you,” Dong Wook had a relieved look on his face, “I’m so glad I did,”

Ha Yi blushed, lowering her gaze once more to Seung Hyun, “I’m glad that you are alright.” Ha Yi said, “I thought maybe something bad happened to you,”

“Nothing of the sort,”

Ha Yi nodded her head, and Dong Wook h added her the next bag. She took it and drank it. “How long have I been here?” she asked.

“About two days, but you and Seung Hyun should both be fine.” Dong Wook reassured her. Ha Yi nodded her head and glanced over at Seung Hyun once more. She felt so out of place here. What must they all think of her, a girl that their prince brought- and the child…Ha Yi sighed.

“Maybe Seung Hyun and I should be leaving now,” she whispered.

“No,” Dong Wook got to his feet. “You are not leaving. You are going to stay here and…” he walked around towards her, “Give me a chance to court you properly.”

“But Seung Hyun,” she turned her eyes towards the still sleeping baby. Dong Wook placed his fingers gently on her chin and turned her head to look at him once more.

“We will return him to Ji Yong, of course,”

“He doesn’t want to,” Ha Yi said. Dong Wook was confused.

“Why not…”

“I don’t know,” Ha Yi sighed. “He refuses to go back,”

After a few minutes, Dong Wook headed back down stairs to call an audience with his parents and the royal court. He had asked Ha Yi to meet him in about twenty minutes with Seung Hyun. She was not sure what he was up to, but she did as he had asked. She bathed, and even changed her clothes to one of the several dresses that he had provided her with. She then walked over to Seung Hyun and roused him from sleep.

She bathed the tiny baby and dressed him.

All through it Seung Hyun was sluggish and not even focused until after he was dressed, and Ha Yi opened the window for bright sunlight to enter the room. Seung Hyun sighed, feeling energized by taking in the sunlight. He fed off the energy all around him, happily drinking in as much as he needed-  never anymore than that.

“You look like you are feeling better,” Ha Yi said, smiling down at him.

Seung Hyun opened his eyes to look at her, “I am,” he said, before he coughed.

“What’s wrong?” Ha Yi asked.

“It’s hard…to form words…” Seung Hyun admitted. He was a baby, maybe only a few months. He looked like talking was not something that he wanted to do, but still he managed it.

“Don’t go around trying too hard to do things that are unnatural to you then,” Ha Yi reached down for him, and then headed out the door with him. Seung Hyun’s curious eyes took in his new surroundings, wondering where he was.

Ha Yi was also fascinated, but ended up feeling lost the more she walked around. It wasn’t until a servant pointed out the way, that they were finally able to make it to the throne room. Everyone there suddenly gasped, and Ha Yi felt a bit self conscious as she slightly tightened her hold around Seung Hyun.

“Ha Yi,” He gasped.

Ha Yi loosened her hold and apologized to him.

“Mother, father,” Dong Wook said as he briskly walked over to Ha Yi. He wrapped an arm around her, and pulled her on forward, “This is the girl that I want to court, and someday, hopefully marry,” he said, causing her to blush and look at him with a startled look. “And the baby in her arms is my son, Choi Seung Hyun,”

Seung Hyun whom was in Ha Yi’s arms looked utterly confused and slightly shocked. Some time ago, when he was nothing but a small child taken in by his ‘master,’ when he had been stolen from death- he had been asked to choose his own last name. Back then he had liked the last name ‘Choi’ and since then always associated it with himself-  but it never had any real family meaning. It was just the name he had chosen. And now…here he was, a baby, helpless, and being claimed into a family with the same name that he had once chosen…

The king and queen were startled. “A child…a bastard child?” Dong Wook’s mother gasped.

“Mother, I would hardly call my child a bastard,” Dong Wook hissed.

“Who is she?” his father asked.

Dong Wook turned to look at Ha Yi, and smiled, “She’s Ha Yi,” was all he said. From there on it was just question after question and demands.

“She’s not even a real princess, why!” his mother sobbed, “Oh God,”

“She has my child!” Dong Wook rationed.

“and what if it’s not your child!”

“It is!” Dong Wook relentlessly argued. “I was there when we made him!”

“Don’t say such things in the presence of your mother!” his father snapped.

“Father please, understand,” Dong Wook signaled to Ha Yi and Seung Hyun, “They will be my family, the one I choose for myself! Why can’t you be happy with that? Even if she is not a princess she makes me happy, I love her” his eyes widened momentarily.

Ha Yi gasped, her eyes widening as well, unable to believe the words.

“You love her?” his mother asked in that same disbelief, “Omo,”

“Give it time,” Dong Wook regained himself, and took a deep breath, “Give us a chance. We are not getting married yet, I haven’t asked yet. I want to court her first, but please, mother, father, give her and my child a chance.”

Looking at each other, the king and Queen thought hard about what their child was asking. Looking at Dong Wook, and the determination in his eyes, they could see that this was something that he was not going to let go. Turning to each other they privately shared a few words, before nodding to each other. Dong Wook could see that his mother looked displeased, but that she had conceded. “We will give her a chance then, we will give your relationship and your child a chance, but please, know what you are doing,” his father advised.

Dong Wook happily nodded, “I know full well what I am doing!”

Later in the evening, Ha Yi was sitting with Seung Hyun, watching as the sun was starting to set on their new lives. Ha Yi was still in shock as to everything that had happened, and she had yet to have a chance to ask Dong Wook if he was sure. Did he really want to be with her? And most importantly, did he speak the truth when he said that he loved her.

And then there were her feelings. She already knew that she had strong feelings for Dong Wook, but were they love? Sighing to herself, she glanced down at the mellow Seung Hyun. “What are you going to do? Ji Yong must be torn looking for you,” Ha Yi whispered.

Seung Hyun glanced up at her, and worriedly looked down.

He couldn’t even imagine where Ji Yong was right now. “I’m not sure,”

“Ha Yi,” Dong Wook walked towards them, and looked at her with a warm look on his face. “I hope that I wasn’t being too…forward…” Dong Wook asked. He was afraid of what she would say or even think about what he had said.

Ha Yi looked down, “I wish to talk about it with you, for sure,” She said.

“I do care about you, and the love bit came out of nowhere, but I wouldn’t doubt my own feelings. Ha Yi, I am serious about giving us a chance,”

Ha Yi nodded her head, “I don’t know where my feelings for you stand as of now, but I would like to give us a chance as well,” she smiled. Dong Wook smiled as well, leaning towards her to place a chaste kiss on her pouty lips. Ha Yi blushed, reaching a hand to her lips, before hiding her face under her hair. Her heart felt like it was running a million miles an hour.

Dong Wook smiled at her reaction, even though he himself felt like his heart was about to explode. Setting that aside though, he kneeled before her, to look at the small baby. Seung Hyun looked at him, his round black eyes looking straight at Dong Wook. “What a scary baby,” Dong Wook joked, making Seung Hyun narrow his eyes at him, “Ah, but so handsome,”

“Thank you,” Seung Hyun finally managed, this time telepathically connecting his thoughts to Dong Wook. The prince was startled, “for claiming me. You didn’t have to,”

“Yes well, I wanted to. I promised Ji Yong that I would bring you back to him.” Dong Wook said.

“I should go back, but look at me. I’m reduced to a baby” Seung Hyun closed his eyes.

Dong Wook sighed, “Guess in a way you are right, having the person you want to be with and mate with caring for you as a child would be kind of…weird.” After all, Ji Yong would have to be the one doing the things for Seung Hyun. That did seem kind of bad.

“I’ll go see him, in time,” Seung  Hyun finally said. Neither Ha Yi or Dong Wook understood what Seung Hyun meant by that. But a few days later, they had started to understand.


The night that Ji Yong was sure that he could feel Seung Hyun again, even in that blizzard, where he wanted to still search for him, it was his brothers the one that noticed that he was missing. It was his brothers that brought him back. It was his brothers that helped him sleep the rest of the night and the next day away.

But he was easily crying, feeling moody, and emotional. He didn’t want to eat, or even think anymore- but his stupid brain just wouldn’t shut up! He didn’t want to think about the worst that could have happened to his mate. And there was even more to make the thoughts worst.

On the third day since his almost find of Seung Hyun, because deep down inside he was sure that Seung Hyun was back on earth, somewhere, he found out that Dami and Hye Yoon had left. Hye Yoon had finally woken up, according to Young Bae, but the girl had been no more than perhaps a few months when he had seen her. Dami refused to let anyone else come near Hye Yoon, so there was not much more to know about her condition. Ji Yong just couldn’t believe how his traitor of a sister decided to leave before he could ask if perhaps Hye Yoon knew where Seung Hyun was.

His feelings were starting to drive him insane!

So he took it out on everything around him, where he practically destroyed the field outside. But that was when Ji Yong noted something about himself. He had grown a bit. His powers were still growing, but he could feel himself be able to control them a bit better now. But in a way, he figured that it had to do with the fact that now he didn’t feel so hopeless.

He knew now that Seung Hyun was somewhere, here on earth, where he could go out and find him. That is probably what made him feel the calmest.

And he was going to find him, no matter what!

Ji Yong was more determined than ever. It had started to drive his brothers crazy how determined he was, but they would do anything for their brother.

“Ji Yong, please stop breaking things,”

“I can’t!” The pink and blue haired vampire hissed. “It’s been two weeks since I last felt Seung Hyun, and I can’t stand the fact that I have yet to find him. It’s not fair, ing !” Ji Yong sent another blast, making the ground under their feet tremble, and another dragon statue turn to complete fine dust. Seungri and Daesung both held up a paper with a number on it. Seungri gave it a nine, and Daesung gave it an eight.

Ji Yong pouted at the number.

“Again,” he said to himself.

“You braking things is not going to help bring him back you know!” Young Bae snapped, trying to get through Ji Yong’s irrational anger.

But all had done was blast another statue, this time not leaving any trace that anything had even been there. “Shut up Young Bae, you are supposed to be encouraging me,”

“and when Father learns that you have killed all his favorite Dragon statues, the ones that he named you for, since he loves dragons…” Young Bae narrowed his eyes.

“I could hardly care about that,” Ji Yong hissed, ready to blast another one, when all of a sudden his eyes caught onto something small and blue. All his energy evaporated then, making his brothers look at him with confused expressions. Even Young Bae was confused as to what had suddenly happened to make Ji Yong stop.

“Ji Yong…are you okay?” Young Bae asked.

“Ji Yong?” Seungri called.

“Are you alright Ji Yong?” Daesung asked, concerned for his brother.

Ji Yong’s breath caught, he knew he was not seeing things and the sudden pull in his heart had him not doubting. He knew what he had seen. Rushing off, and startling his brothers even more, Ji Yong ran faster than he had ever in his life. The blue fluff though moved just as fast.

“Ji Yong where are you going!” his brothers all screamed after him.

“Should we go after him to see that he doesn’t break anything else?” Seungri wondered.

“Let him be for now,” Young Bae said.

“Are you sure about that?” Daesung asked. Young Bae nodded.

Ji Yong kept running, trying to catch just the mere glimpse of it. He was not even paying attention to where he was going until he was over multiple hills, looking down at an amazing view. Ji Yong frantically looked around, “Seung Hyun,” he whispered. He could feel the tug, strong and steady. But where…

Ji Yong was not even sure. “Damn you Seung Hyun, where are you,” He hissed. And then he felt a presence behind him. Ji Yong was about to turn around and check, when all of a sudden, he felt someone hug him. Someone small that could barely wrap his arms around his legs.

Ji Yong’s breath caught, unable to believe, but he glanced down and saw the blue hair of the one he loved.  But he was a boy, maybe a few months, or one year old, Ji Yong couldn’t tell for sure. But his heart hurt, and at the same time felt relieved. “Seung Hyun,” he started, but before he could say anything else, he felt a thought enter his mind, although a bit childish, no doubt, Seung Hyun’s voice.  

You don’t have to worry so much.

“But…” Ji Yong started.

I’m okay; don’t worry about me all time.

“You can’t ask me that Seung Hyun, look at you, you’re a child now. What happened? I don’t even know, I can’t help but worry. I want you back.” Ji Yong brought his hands up to rub the tears away.

Ji Yong, I love you. I want to be back with you as well, but right now I can’t.

“Is it because you are now a child… I don’t care about that you know! I love you so much, I’ll take care of you, and everything.”

I thought about it like that, but there’s another reason now. I’ll let you know in time. But for now, wait for me?

Ji Yong pouted, “You’re leaving again?” he asked. “Despite what I just said.”

Please wait for me…

Ji Yong clenched both his hands letting the request hang in the air for a few moments before Ji Yong resigned himself and nodded his head. “I’ll wait for you as long as I have to,” He finally said. Ji Yong then felt Seung Hyun press something into his hand. It was a chain, but at the end of it, there was a silver ring- simple, but beautiful. Ji Yong wanted to say something more to Seung Hyun, but as he turned around, intending to grab him, the blue haired reaper was gone.

 I’ll see you soon, Ji Yong

Fresh tears came to Ji Yong’s eyes as he pressed the chain to his chest and he fell to his knees. “Seung Hyun…please…”  The tears wouldn’t stop, and again as the tug disappeared, Ji Yong felt completely alone, and lost. “Come back soon” he whispered.

He would truly wait forever! No matter what.


Okay, Pre-warning, there will be a time skip next chapter. ^^ I hope you guys won't mind much. The story will be taking it's final twist, and then coming to an end. Something I find hard to do, since a part of me doesn't really see the ending coming soon, but! We'll see if I can stick to the plot or if something else will sneak up on me. ^^ Oh! and if anything doesn't make sense right now, it will the next chapter.

Enjoy! 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ElObsessionGDTOP/1393570130885299?ref=hl