...Of All That I Wear

Shine Bright Like A Diamond

Shine Bright Like A Diamond

Chapter Sixteen: 

Seung Hyun had been hoping to be able to just talk to Ji Yong, but at the end, Ji Yong had ended up leading them all to his bedroom—shutting the door in Dong Wook’s face. Young Bae had reopened the door and threatened Dong Wook about not talking about anything that he had heard before slamming the door closed again. Not that it mattered, at this point even if their parents learned that Ji Yong and Seung Hyun had been bonded together, it seemed that Ji Yong was going to end up letting Seung Hyun go. The room was gravely silent already, both Seungri and Daesung stood back trying not to draw attention to themselves as Ji Yong forced Seung Hyun to sit on the bed with him, while keeping a tight hold on his hand. His eyes never left Seung Hyun’s visage, he was not about to let him get far, or even give him an inch of space- there was no more boundaries between them. He was to scared that he would disappear if for even a moment he blinked for too long. Young Bae made sure that the door was locked before he moved towards both Seungri and Daesung, guiding both of them to the couch so they could sit.

The silence remained and it seemed like no one was about to break it anytime soon. Not even Seung Hyun who’s mind kept going back over things that he wanted to say and what he was not sure he could even revealed. He could spill his heart right here and now, or he could easily hurt everyone here and make sure things went in his favor. But no- he couldn’t do that. He just had to say what he could, even if he revealed how much he adored Ji Yong, but it had to be over now. What was there to salvage really?

Between a Vampire and a Reaper.  

“Go ahead.” Ji Yong finally said, “Convince me” but as he said the words his hold on Seung Hyun’s hand only tightened, painfully so. Seung Hyun’s eyes darted from the grip that Ji Yong had his hand on to his face, and then to the three other brothers, before he looked at Ji Yong again.

“Uh…well, how should I say it?” he turned away from Ji Yong, trying to think of a proper way to explain things to Ji Yong so he would understand. Not knowing where to start, he decided to explain himself, “As a reaper, I can never die, I can only choose to pass myself off to a newer generation, so you can say that I have the knowledge and memories of many other reapers before me. They are heavy, and a bit of a burden, but they are the only knowledge that I own. So yes, I know that it hurts, and I know that what I am doing is making a mistake, after all- you just don’t leave the person you love over anything- but I also don’t want to be the person that ends your life.” Seung Hyun narrowed his eyes a bit, to keep himself from crying at the absurdity of his own words. “I know even better that if I can end your life, it’s not worth staying around.”

“How…I don’t get it. How is it that you would end my life?” Ji Yong asked, unable to believe that any harm could come to him from Seung Hyun.

Seung Hyun scoffed, trying to dislodge Ji Yong’s hand from his, but it only ended up bringing Ji Yong closer to him. “You might not notice it, but you are so highly emotional and you have so much energy-” Seung Hyun’s flashed dangerously blue, making a shiver run down Ji Yong’s spine “I enjoy feeding off of them, especially when you so easily feed them to me.” Seung Hyun sighed, “You have no idea how good, warm, and tempting it all feels, how filling.” Ji Yong blushed at the intense look in Seung Hyun’s eyes, and nearly found himself entranced as he leaned in- intending to kiss him, but missed as Seung Hyun once more tried to pull away from him. It was nearly comical how at one moment it was all serious, intense, and almost forbidden to watch, until Seung Hyun tried to run away and Ji Yong clung to him for dear life.

“Let’s see if we understand this correctly,” Young Bae spoke up, drawing their attention to him and the other two, “You feed off of Ji Yong’s very energy and life force?” he asked.

“Correct.” Seung Hyun said, and gave Ji Yong a look which only seemed to encourage Ji Yong even more. “I’m grounded to him completely. Usually I feed off the never ending energy of the earth, seeing as energy can neither be created or destroyed- it just is- a cycle that I usually share. Ji Yong consumes his energy off the foods and blood that he consumes, so that he is able to move and grow—but seeing as I am connected to him through an unnatural bond I end up feeding off of him instead, a lot faster than he can replenish himself. So I’ve had to stop it by placing distance between us. Ji Yong is only one person; he has enough energy to sustain himself, but not the both of us.”

“But I do have a lot of energy, way beyond what I am able to control,” Ji Yong said, gripping Seung Hyun’s shirt. “I know I have enough energy to sustain us both.” But it was obvious that the claim to Seung Hyun was nothing but lies.

“You’re still growing; you’ll grow to control that immense energy of yours. You are meant to be a powerful vampire, one of honor and greatness. I can’t take that away from you” Seung Hyun explained, as much as Ji Yong didn’t want to listen to the rational part of it all. He still believed that there had to be another way!

“And what’s so great about having such power and greatness, if I can’t share my life with you.” Ji Yong asked, “This isn’t fair.”

Seung Hyun sighed.

“You love him though, don’t you Seung Hyun,” Seungri asked, “Otherwise you wouldn’t even bother trying to protect his life, right?” He then gushed, “that’s so sweet, but asinine of you!” Seung Hyun glared at him, but didn’t deny it.

“Really stupid,” Daesung agreed.

“Yeah” Young Bae added.

“All that drama over nothing, you two will be just fine. We just got to keep you from feeding on Ji Yong.” Seungri said, already thinking about ways to do so. “Can’t you eat food? Drink blood? Or maybe drain something else?”

“No, I depend on the one that keeps me here on earth and the form that they do so. Ji Yong is bonded to me, making him my only source” Seung Hyun explained. “But If he wouldn’t have bonded himself to me, I would be free,”

Young Bae frowned at that, but then asked, “But even if you don’t feed, you can’t die right?”

“Right” Seung Hyun said, but decided not to tell them just how painful the process was. He would never die, but he would face a series of almost dying, before his body replenished itself on its own- it was a protective mechanism in Reapers. A sad one, really. Sometimes though, Seung Hyun wished he didn’t own such painful memories. He was being so stupid right now, he knew, but he didn’t want to be stupid both ways and make them both suffer.

“So it’s settled, we will just find a way to make it all work” Daesung cheered, his smile infectious to his brothers. As if it was that easy.

Okay, that was enough plotting on their part. “Are you all insane” Seung Hyun growled, trying to once more pull himself away from Ji Yong, and he nearly succeeded, if Seungri hadn’t suddenly grabbed his arm and thrown him back in the bed. It was really starting to feel crowded.

“Well, the way we see it, is that we just got to solve the problem between yours and Ji Yong’s bond.” Seungri said, “There’s no need to break it”

“That’s right,” Ji Yong said, wrapping himself around Seung Hyun’s other arm, before glaring at his brother threateningly if he tried anything on Seung Hyun. Seungri backed off a bit, making Ji Yong relax, “Give us the chance Seung Hyun, let us fix the bond. If we can find a way to make things right, will you please stay. Please stay”

Seung Hyun looked at Ji Yong, and the determination in his eyes. He was serious, and it seemed that his brothers were right there with him. But things were not supposed to go this way. They were not supposed to persuade him to stay; he was the one that had to persuade Ji Yong to let him go.  Besides, he just claimed that he could kill Ji Yong, if not permanently hurt him! Why would they want to keep him around? Vampires simply made no sense to him, how could he had ended up with one as his lifemate. Maybe he should give up now and pass on what little knowledge he has gain to the next generation of reapers. Things would be simpler if he was no longer Seung Hyun. “I don’t know.” He finally said.

“Well, why don’t we go get some dinner while you make up your mind?” Young Bae asked.

“Yes, I’m hungry,” Seungri said, getting off the bed and dashing over to him. Daesung followed, and Ji Yong wanted to follow, but he refused to let go of Seung Hyun. Noticing this, Seung Hyun grabbed Ji Yong’s hand and started to lead him towards the kitchen, where his brothers were headed.  It was only then as they walked to the kitchen, as Ji Yong got something to eat, as night fell and it was time for bed—that Seung Hyun could see his fear grow. It was something different in Ji Yong that had not been there before, and he couldn’t help but to blame himself. Ji Yong had no reason to fear anything- fear should be the least of his problems.

So when everyone else went to bed together, and Ji Yong decided to stay Seung Hun decided it was time to place stop to that fear. Gently taking Ji Yong’s hand, he made the pink and blue haired vampire look up from his cup of blood. “It’s time for bed” he insisted.

Ji Yong frowned at him, “No, just stay here with me okay.” He insisted, turning back to his cup, and drank it down in one go, making it all rush to his head. He gasped, gripping his aching head as he willed the blood to go down.

Seung Hyun chuckled.

Ji Yong turned to glare at him. “What’s so funny?”

“You,” he said, non-apologetically as he did so, his dark eyes flashing with slight fondness. Ji Yong huffed. “Ah, well, if you want to stay up you can. I’m off to bed” Seung Hyun said, but Ji Yong reached out to grip his hand.

“Do reapers even sleep?” he softly asked.

“Of course I do, except that I used to sleep during the day. I was a reaper of the night when I was younger, but here on earth it seems things sleep at night a lot more than during the day. So, I’ve practically become Diurnal”

“Diurnal?” Ji Yong asked, seeming confused by the word.

“It’s the opposite of Nocturnal, Ji Yong” Seung Hyun said. “It means I’m awake during the day, but I sleep during the night instead.”

“Oh,” Ji Yong said.

“I’m actually surprised, by how the sun and moon can have different effects on some vampires though- I’ve seen you come alive under the sun” Seung Hyun admitted, making Ji Yong blush.

“It feels warm, and it makes me feel full of energy” Ji Yong admitted, keeping his voice low, but his grip on Seung Hyun tight.

“And the moon makes you really alluring,”

“Alluring?”

“The radiance of your skin, it’s so unearthly, that sometimes I wonder if you are real or just an illusion, you are really beautiful” Seung Hyun touched his cheek, and already he could feel himself getting lost in the warm color of Ji Yong’s eyes, He knew he should stop, but this was like fighting a battle with himself- over what he knew he had to do- with what he felt for Ji Yong. With what was wrong, and what was right, and what he felt- emotions run too deep already and he knew it.

Ji Yong smiled, “I’m as real as it gets, you on the other hand. I have to say that sometimes you do seem like an illusion,” Ji Yong’s hold on him tightened even more. Seung Hyun raised an eyebrow. “Lately it feels like I am living in fear that you are going to go away and leave me alone. Just like I was before I met you. I never thought about it as loneliness or that everything seemed so dull to be that much of a big deal. It was just life right? Even if I was cold, food had lost its flavor- but then I met you- not in the best conditions- but things became better and for once I could say that I was happy.” Ji Yong had to keep himself from crying as his emotions seemed to squeeze his heart, “I tried so hard to keep you from dying, now I’m here trying to stop you from leaving…I’m so lost without you it isn’t even funny anymore.”

“You have your brothers with you, your parents even, why wouldn’t you be happy with just that?” Seung Hyun asked. “I have no parents, and no real brothers or sisters- only other creations that Death himself has created. I’ve been detached from the world since birth, but I wonder what could have come to be if we had not met under these consequences. Maybe I would have gone back to the Abyss, I guess they are close as family that I have, but I have not been able to be with them or even been able to go home since I was young.” Seung Hyun scoffed, “I was never looking for a mate, and I wasn’t looking for you, never in a million years, must have been fate,”

Ji Yong frowned a little, starting to feel guilty, “Do you really miss that place so much?” he asked.

“Wouldn’t you?” Seung Hyun asked.

Ji Yong thought about it, and shook his head. “I don’t think I would miss anyone here, if I were to go. I love my siblings, and my parents, but I guess I’m not that attached to them?” he wondered, before feeling even more guilt. “Is that bad of me?” he wondered, “That I might not miss my family?”

“It’s not bad of you, you’ve never been away from your family I’m guessing, it’s natural to want to be independent from them at a certain age, but with time you will miss them, and everything you share with them.” Seung Hyun said, “With enough time you will. You just can’t imagine it because you’ve never felt that feeling either.”

“Oh,” Ji Yong said, and looked down at his hands.”Then I guess a little time away from them might not do me so bad, if you want to go and visit your home. I can go with you--”

“It’s not that simple” Seung Hyun said, “Other beings just don’t hope to enter Hell’s abyss and come out again.” He said, making Ji Yong’s eyes go slightly wide, before his grip was nearly crushing his hand. It really was painful, but even he knew it was no mirror to the crushing pain that Ji Yong might be feeling inside- so he leaned into him, and softly whispered, “Calm down.” His other hand went to Ji Yong’s back rubbing soothing circles, over his shoulder blades and down to his lower back, and again.  “Relax.”

 “I don’t want to keep you here and make you unhappy, but I don’t want to let you go either,” Ji Yong could feel his tears piercing the corner of his eyes, “ it,” he harshly whispered, closing his eyes tightly.

“We can’t always have it both ways,”

“I wouldn’t mind going with you, though.” Ji Yong admitted.

“Ji Yong, you are too important to me,”

“Then stay a bit longer for me please, for a while longer please stay,” Ji Yong begged. “I have yet to get to know you better, and Young Bae and Seungri plan to mate soon. You have to be here for the celebration of it,” his eyes were begging now, “There still so much that will go on this year, so please…”

“Won’t it hurt more, to attach yourself more to me and then have to let me go?” Seung Hyun asked, with obvious concern to Ji Yong’s feelings. Ji Yong noted it, and he knew what he was doing as well,

“Either way it’s going to hurt Seung Hyun, I’ll always have the fear that you are going to leave me behind, I’ll always be lost without you- but at least I’ll get to keep good memories of the time you were here with me.” He sighed, “at least let me have that, then nothing at all.”

Even if you let me go, as soon as I got the chance I’d be back to you Ji Yong. You’re my lifemate. Seung Hyun thought to himself, but couldn’t bring himself to say it to Ji Yong. He didn’t know how or when things will be, or how things will turn out, so he didn’t want to give him false hope. But Ji Yong was asking him to stay just a bit longer, if just that, to try to work it out even as his brothers had said. It was a lot more than he felt that he deserved, but it was the least he could do for Ji Yong. Besides, here was no telling when Ha Yi would be back successful or not, he could give him until then because as ridiculous as it was, he loves him, “Alright Ji Yong, I’ll stay just a bit longer.”

“Thanks” Ji Yong said, barely managing a smile, before it crumbled up again.

“You don’t have to force yourself to smile about it Ji, I know it hurts,” and just like that, Ji Yong got to his feet, and pressed his face into Seung Hyun’s chest, trying to hide his tears. He needed to stop crying, and he needed to stop being scared- but how could he? He knew he was being selfish, making Seung Hyun stay longer, but he couldn’t help himself. He needed at least one part to cling on to Seung Hyun whom made him happy and for now he held on tight- because whether he liked it or not, he knew at one point he was going to have to let go.

Just not right now. “I love you so much, it hurts” he softly sobbed.

“Ji Yong,” Seung Hyun whispered, and was about to suggest that Ji Yong should go to bed, but was cut off before he could say anything.  

“Tell me more about you.” Ji Yong almost seemed to demand.

“What do you want to know?” Seung Hyun asked, feeling strange at the question.

“Well…um, how old are you?” Ji Yong decided to start with something basic.

Seung Hyun flushed a little, and then mumbled, “One thousand five hundred…I think.”

Ji Yong’s eyes widened a bit. “You think?” he asked, for some reason not believing Seung Hyun’s age. It seemed so large. Seung Hyun backed away, watching Ji Yong’s face, before he smirked.

“That’s right, I’m a very old man- but I can’t tell how long I have been trapped. The last thing I remember seemed so long ago, with my last master being a deceiver to everyone. He treated me as some sort of won prize, and sometimes he mistreated me.” Seung Hyun explained, “He had a for trying to keep me from breathing- almost as if the fact that I couldn’t die filled him with envy, but at the same time he knew if he chained me down, he himself couldn’t die,”

“What” Ji Yong’s eyes were wide, and Seung Hyun could see the hurt flashing through them. He very nearly kept his mouth shut at that- but for some reason he felt like he trusted Ji Yong. Silly, really.

“I might not be death, but he owned me. He knew that if he tied me down with chains and kept me that way, no matter what he would always be able to cheat death. I was already his cloak for Death’s eyes- and now I was also his source of living past any tragic death that he decided to commit.” Seung Hyun turned to Ji Yong looking at him sharply, “I’ve been hurt so many times Ji Yong, I’ve learned to not trust anyone in the world, so I keep thinking, why are you so different? Why would I do whatever it takes to protect you, when I’m with you I get all these emotions, fluttering stomach, and my heart aches- but when I’m away with you my body misses you so miserably, the pain is insane- and I have zero strength.” Seung Hyun moved closer to Ji Yong, looking at him intently as he did so, each step sure. “But feelings sway and change don’t they Ji Yong? How am I so sure that you won’t hurt me either?” he asked, “When do I really know when I am making a mistake?”

“You don’t,” Ji Yong said, trembling, but he took those final steps towards Seung Hyun to stop him from backing him up against any counter. He easily slipped his arms around his middle, hugging him tightly. “You will never know, you will just have to trust me.” He whispered, nuzzling his head against Seung Hyun’s solid chest.

“You have my trust.” Seung Hyun admitted, and the words that he wanted to speak were there, but they got caught in his throat. He didn’t know them, but he was sure that he felt them. I love you. But he didn’t say them. He couldn’t pour his heart out yet- not yet.  

“Seung Hyun, I love you,” Ji Yong’s heart was in his eyes, in his lips, and the way that he was looking at him, nearly luring him in. He could easily kiss him right now- he could easily kill him right now-

His thoughts alone caused him to pull away, grabbing Ji Yong by his shoulders and pushing him at arm’s length. “Let’s get you to bed,” Seung Hyun insisted.

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Cause then you’ll hide again!” Ji Yogn accused.

“No I’m not”

“Yes you are”

“I already told you everything, why would I hide now?”

“Yeah right”

“I swear I won’t hide.”

“I refuse to believe you.”

“Why?”

“Because you do things without thinking, you second guess yourself. I don’t even know what you are really thinking right now-”

“I do think”

“You do not”

Both of them ended up glaring at each other. Neither of them would relent on it until Ji Yong sneezed and Seung Hyun jumped far away from him. Ji Yong huffed, rubbing his forehead as he pinned his glare back to Seung Hyun whom was now leaning against the counter on the other side. “If you want, I can sleep in your bedroom.”

“So you can wait until I fall asleep for you to leave?” Ji Yong accused. Oh yes, he knew, and Seung Hyun had always been sure that he always knew about his nightly visits.

“You are just going to have to trust me.”

“I do, but…you over think things.”

It was difficult of course, by finally they made it back to Ji Yong’s bedroom, and Seung Hyun pulled out the couch bed for himself. Ji Yong refused to even change or do anything that would leave Seung Hyun alone for any period of time. So although he wanted to shower, and change clothes, he simply took off his shoes and kept a close eye on Seung Hyun who for the most part tried to ignore him. He was lost in his thoughts, and most of them revolved around Ji Yong. There could be the possibility that he could make Ji Yong hate him- but he found that he didn’t want that. It was also too childish- he needed to face reality. No matter what, both of them would end up hurt at the end of everything- once it was all said and done. But just because he had to eventually leave, it didn’t mean that Seung Hyun couldn’t at least do something nice for Ji Yong. He wanted to give him something. Something so Ji Yong could have more than just silly memories about him- but also have something solid for him to hold.

But what? His fingers reached for the necklace around his neck that he fiddled with every now and then, especially when he was lost in thoughts about Ji Yong. This was, after all, the first present that he had ever received. At first it had seemed like nothing special. Something a bit impersonal due to the Godly design- but really now he just simply cherished it. Not for it’s looks, its price, or any superficial thing like that- but for the simple fact that Ji Yong had been the one to give it to him.

That was when Ji Yong also noticed that Seung Hyun still had the necklace that he had given him some time ago. His eyes locked on how softly Seung Hyun treated it, and how he seemed to care for it. It warmed his heart. “You still have it” he whispered, making Seung Hyun looked over at him in slight confusion, before he noted that Ji Yong was looking at the necklace. Seung Hyun blinked- when did he start touching it again?

“Of everything that I wear, this one is my favorite. Thank you,” Seung Hyun said when Ji Yong wouldn’t stop looking at him with that awe on his face, “Aren’t you going to go shower?” he asked, “You’re all dirty” he added with a slight smirk at the blush that Ji Yong suddenly sported. It was easy to learn from the beginning that Ji Yong was an obsessive person on being clean and always looking good, when it came to himself- not everything else around him. His room would be a mess just because he was looking for the perfect outfit for that day. Seung Hyun couldn’t tell why that was important, but he never questioned it as it was Ji Yong the one that did it.

“I don’t need one tonight,” Ji Yong said, turning on his side to lay down, but still keep an eye on Seung Hyun.

“Suit yourself” Seung Hyun said, crossing his legs and keeping an eye on Ji Yong. Both of them stared at one another long hours into the night, that when morning came around Ji Yong had to wonder when he had fallen asleep. For a moment he nearly panicked that Seung Hyun had waited for him to fall asleep and then gone away, so naturally he sprung out of bed and searched for him. But he found Seung Hyun snuggled under the covers of the makeshift bed, sound asleep. Outside, it was the normal hour for him to get up and head to training, but he decided that not today.

Today he would do what he wants- whether Hong Jun got mad at him or not.

He crawled over to Seung Hyun, staying on top of the covers, and snuggled in close, drawing from his warmth. His eyes traced over Seung Hyun’s eye lashes, to the softness of his chiseled cheek, his high cheek bones, that bowed cat like perfect mouth of his- and that straight nose…almost to curious. He was handsome, mixed in with a delicate softness that seemed to work well with his masculinity- really surreal. He kept staring, committing every line to his memory as he fell back asleep- feeling safer and happier than he had in a long time.


“What’s your name?” The man asked. He was old, by age, but not by appearance. He had slicked black hair, but what really stood out was how his eyes sparkled with a mischief for life. It was hard to decide, should he be scared, or not? He never really had much of a sense for whatever fear was, at that moment, truly he didn't even understood what danger was. He was like a clean slate- a canvas whom had yet to be painted on. Whom had yet to experience anything real in life. 

“Seung Hyun.” He answered, although confusion seemed to fill him as to where he was. There was just too much color, and so many distracting new things to see. And do to his small stature, and his young mind, it was almost overwhelming.

“Let’s have some fun, why don’t we?”

“Fun?”

“Yes fun.”

Betrayal had a name.

“But before the fun, we have to create a contract. In it, I want you to write that you will hide and protect me from Death himself, your creator. That the fun will never end,” he told him, “I want that to be the special line, as well as the rules to master and servant- where you are my servant and I am your master- it will be lots of fun. Just the two of us.”

Betrayal has a name

“A contract, between us both” Seung Hyun muttered, looking around. He knew making contracts was a normal thing, but he couldn’t tell if this was the right thing to do in this situation. Where was Death anyways? Where had all the darkness gone? Where was home? 

“Do it now, do as I say,”

Seung Hyun felt the tug around his neck, the collar was tight and an unpleasant reminder that he had no choice in the matter. He was just a pet. “Of course,” so he made the contract.

“I’ll treat you like a son.” The man was so proud, the paper between them signed by both, but Seung Hyun’s eyes turned to him, innocent at the time, before he looked away and narrowed. The contract was built as the man wanted, no way for Seung Hyun to disobey, but he was not life, a beautiful lie, but death, the painful truth.

And only he knew.


Seung Hyun jolted awake, as he dreamt about the time when he was a child and had made his first contract. Back then when he had been kidnapped and taken, but it was his fault that Death had not been able to find them. It had been part of the contract, but who had betrayed who in the end.

Had the man betrayed him?

Had he betrayed death…

Or had he betrayed everyone?

His eyes darted to the weight on his side, that he was sure had not been there when he had fallen asleep. To find Ji Yong’s body laying next to his, everything from his past left his mind. He had done a lot of things in his life, but he guess he had never really betrayed anyone. Things had gone as they should have gone. He was probably where fate had led him to- as cruel as it now seemed. Was it really his fate to be the one to make his mate suffer?

Life was unfair.

But really thinking about it, had he not been brought to earth, would there be a chance that he would have ever met Ji Yong?

Then why did it feel like there was someone even now that he had to betray?

Was it himself?

Was it Ji Yong?

Or was it Death itself?