Sleepless Beauty

Shine Bright Like A Diamond

Shine Bright Like A Diamond 

Chapter Thirty One

Ji Yong gently sighed, his fingers curling over the soft and familiar material of his bed sheets. He frowned though when his fingers didn’t reach what he was searching for- the warm and strong solid body of his mate. Reaching more on the other side, with his eyes still closed, he felt frustration that his mate was not at his side. Opening his eyes, he lifted off the bed and looked around, noticing that he was in his bedroom. The curtains were drawn up, letting the sun was shine brightly into the room. But his mate was nowhere to be seen. 

Had he already gotten up?

Why didn’t he wake him up to eat then?

With a heavy sigh, Ji Yong stood from his bed and went to go take a shower. Once he was done, and freshly dressed, he decided it was time to go search for his wayward mate. Seung Hyun had to be somewhere around here, most likely in the kitchen preparing him something-maybe-. He was sure he had promised him that he would never hide from him again! If he did, and when he found him- Ji Yong bared his fangs- he would give his mate an earful! 

Ji Yong opened the door of his room, and looked outside.  The hall way was empty and quiet when he stepped out of his room. He looked from left to right, expecting maybe Young Bae or Seungri to appear out of nowhere, talking and flirting with each other, as usual. But they were not there. He figured that it was because they were already mated and they had not come by to visit. It was kind of saddening that his brothers were gone. Although they used to annoy him, he missed them now more than ever. Frowning a little at the feeling, he couldn’t help but to feel that he could understand what Seung Hyun was talking about. When you think about it, it seems like you won’t miss that person, because they are always there. But after a few days, you start to feel their absence.  

His destination was clear in his mind as he headed down stairs, and went towards the kitchen. Daesung was there, eating alone. Ji Yong moved to the table and sat down, “Good morning,” he said. Daesung chuckled, turning to him with a large grin on his face.

“Morning? Brother it is noon already,” Daesung said as he brushed his blond hair out of his face.

Ji Yong frowned, narrowing his eyes at his brother, “Why are you talking that way?”

“And which way is that, my dear brother?” Daesung asked, with a slight snobbish edge to his voice. It was starting to irritate the pink blue haired vampire. It wasn’t like Daesung to speak so oddly.  

Ji Yong glared.”Whatever Daesung,” he growled, and tucked into his food. Ji Yong frowned when he finished, and had some blood. It didn’t feel like he had eaten anything.  He was still hungry, and incredibly thirsty, but he couldn’t explain why it was. He had eaten what he would usually did, but oddly enough he wanted more- it just wasn’t satiating him in any way- and besides that his mind seemed split between the food in front of him and wondering where Seung Hyun was.

“We better get to training, Hong Jun is going to be angry if we don’t” Daesung suddenly said as he got to his feet, halting Ji Yong whom had just reached for the chubby pitcher of blood. Ji Yong turned to look at Daesung, swallowing thickly. His brother was already walking out of the kitchen, and not waiting for him. Ji Yong watched him go before pouring one more cup of blood for himself and drank it quickly- but it still didn’t satisfy his thirst.

Once they were outside, Hong Jun was already teaching Young Bae and Seungri. Ji Yong was confused by the sight of them. He thought that they would be in their honey moon, far away from here. But he didn’t get a chance to ask as training started, and Hong Jun made them train until the sun was starting to set. Hong Jun had been particularly rough, exhausting them- or was it just he who felt so out of breath and exhausted? Ji Yong felt an even heavier hunger and the thirst hit him as it seemed to grow, but his mind was so distracted by the sight of his brothers that he ignored it for now. “Why are you two here?”

“We live here.” Seungri said, looking at Ji Yong oddly. They started to head inside. Once more neither of them was waiting for Ji Yong or asking him if he was okay, or anything. His brothers were there, but they felt like they were far away.

Ji Yong felt confused. Something was off with his brothers, but he couldn’t make sense of it as to why “Have you guys seen Seung Hyun?” he decided to ask instead as he started to follow them back to the castle.

“Who?” Young Bae asked, turning his head to him.

“Seung Hyun, my mate, you know,” Ji Yong pouted. Daesung and Seungri both laughed, looking at Ji Yong with large grins on their faces.

“Is that a new pet name?” Young Bae asked, feeling amused as well.

“Pet name? What are you talking about?”

“Well, that’s the first time that you have ever called Dong Wook- Hyung by that name,” Seungri explained, still grinning widely and mischievously. Ji Yong frowned, feeling even more confused.

“Dong Wook-Hyung? You mean Prince Seven?” he asked. His confusion was so clear that his brothers all paused and worriedly looked at him. Ji Yong halted in his walking when his brothers gave him those looks.

“Yes, the love of your life, you two are mated…” Daesung tried to explain, although he looked like he was not sure why had to explain it.

“I am not mated to prince Seven!” Ji Yong hissed, “I’m mated to Seung Hyun, you know, tall, handsome, blue haired- reaper”

“Okay, Ji Yong, you are really starting to sound odd. Are you trying to piss Dong Wook- Hyung off or something? We know that you always said that you would never marry anyone, but Dong Wook-hyung was always your exception,” Young Bae said, and then he made a face as if he realized something, “Your dicking around, aren’t you? A reaper? Seriously? Can’t you be more original?”

“Since when do you use that term?” Ji Yong asked, gritting his teeth. He was starting to get angry. Why were they acting as if he was the one that had suddenly lost his mind?

“Since forever,” Young Bae said, and then reached his hand to Daesung, causing the blond to move closer to him, and snuggle to his side. Ji Yong caught the movement, and his eyes flicked between both his brothers. Seungri didn’t even look bothered, as the short haired boy was looking at his nails, before biting into them.

“What-”

“Come on, let’s go eat. I’m starving,” Seungri suddenly said. Daesung and Young Bae nodded, still holding hands, and then sending flirty looks to each other- but Ji Yong remained frozen in his spot. His mouth was moving, but there were no words coming out. What did they mean that he was mated to Dong Wook? There was no way. He was mated to Seung Hyun! And what the hell was that just between Daesung and Young Bae? What was going on? Following after his brothers, Ji Yong noted how it took no time or effort to make it to the kitchen, where they all sat down to a meal that was awaiting them.

Come to think of it, he had yet to see any of the servants that would usually be around serving their meals, and getting them anything else that they wanted. Not even his parents or anyone else…

“Ji Yong, my love, don’t just stand around like that. Sit down and eat,” an amused voice said from beside him and Ji Yong flinched, turning his head to the source. Dong Wook stood there, with a happy smile on his face, and looking at him with eyes that looked so star struck.

“That’s disrespectful of you, I am Prince G-dragon,” Ji Yong hissed, baring his fangs at him.

Dong Wook chuckled, “I know, I know, but we are mated now. You are going to have to stop being so feisty little dragon, and submit to me,” there was a wicked glint in Dong Wook’s eyes, and Ji Yong took two steps back, placing distance between them.  

“Where is Seung Hyun?” Ji Yong asked instead, trying to ignore the comment that disturbed him so much.

“Who?” Dong Wook got a confused look on his face. He then turned to the other brothers who had sat down and started eating. Where had the food come from? “What is he talking about?” he asked them. Young Bae and Seungri shrugged, while Daesung swallowed what was in his mouth.

“He’s been saying something about a Seung Hyun ever since training let out. We don’t know what he means. We thought maybe he gave you a pet name,” Daesung explained.

“Is that it? You gave me such a weird pet name,” Dong Wook went back to smiling. Ji Yong gritted his teeth.

“It’s not a ing pet name, you bastard! Seung Hyun is my mate and I am going to go look for him away from all of you delusional people!” The pink blue haired vampire stormed out of the room. Dong Wook blinked, but chased after the young vampire. It wasn’t until they were at the front door that Dong Wook realized that Ji Yong was serious. He moved faster, wrapping his arms around him, making Ji Yong start to struggle and curse at him. “Let me go!”

“Look, I don’t know what has gotten into you lately, but there isn’t and has never been anyone named Seung Hyun around us!” Dong Wook said, trying to look Ji Yong in the eyes. The younger vampire shook his head, refusing to look at him. “Ji Yong, calm down, please, everything is going to be alright,”

“No, I need Seung Hyun!” Ji Yong hissed, baring his fangs, “Let me go!” he snapped, having a good mind to hurt Dong Wook.  

“There is no Seung Hyun!” Dong Wook snapped.

“Yes there is!”

“Ji Yong, you and I are mated; I would know anyone that has been around you.” Dong Wook urged. Ji Yong froze, and looked down. There was no way, no way. He searched for his and Seung Hyun’s bond, hoping that he could see it, but he couldn’t see anything. Dong Wook noticed that Ji Yong was looking for something and raised his hand, showing the red string tied around his finger, and connected to Ji Yong, “Is this what you are looking for? Proof to my words?” he asked.

Ji Yong was hyperventilating then, shaking. His heart felt like it was going to explode in his ribcage- and in a bad way. “Let go!” Ji Yong hissed, harshly pushing Dong Wook away from him, and ran off, out the door.

Dong Wook hit the wall hard, but regained himself and called out to Ji Yong, desperately trying to catch up to him, but Ji Yong only sped up, running in inhuman speed, keeping his eyes close. This couldn’t be happening. This was not real! This was a nightmare.

The more that Ji Yong kept running, the more that he felt his heart break.

He was so scared, and he was feeling so alone.

Seung Hyun, please, he begged in his mind, desperately searching around himself, although he wasn’t sure of where he was going. He just kept running, until something black, came right smack against his chest. Ji Yong halted in his run, and looked at what had bumped into him—a small bat, a familiar small bat that looked at him, and seemed to recognize him as well- and happily cheered and danced when it saw him.

Ji Yong watched it closely, “It’s you,” he breathed…”I’m lost,” he whispered.

When he had met the bat, the small creature had been the one to be lost. It had been the one looking to get back home- and now the situation was reversed. Ji Yong was the one that was lost and searching for home- for his mate. It was a long shot, but he had to ask. “Have you seen Seung Hyun?”

The small bat chirped, flapping it’s wings. Ji Yong faintly smiled when it said yes.

“Really, where is he!” he eagerly asked. Finally someone that knew.

The small bat turn around, and pointed towards a direction in front of him, and Ji Yong looked- surprised to see the entrance of the forest before him. The one place that he had gone into before, and gotten in trouble, and where he was not supposed to go into without permission or someone that knew how to navigate such a place- the dark forest that surrounded the castle, “I can’t go in there,” he whispered.

The bat chirped, and started to fly towards it.

Ji Yong flinched- this one the only way- it had said.

Not wanting to lose sight of the bat, Ji Yong ran after it, looking up at it as he went. Then he entered the forest, and he only knew that he had because it got harder to see, and he had to move faster to keep sight of the small bat.

Ji Yong was not sure how long he had been running, before he felt his feet come to a halt. He felt his body jerk forward, and he looked down at where he was. There was nothing but darkness, and as his feet sunk down to his knees, he felt dread fill him, and a cold and familiar chill run down his spine. He had fallen into the pool of tar once again, where he had first seen Seung Hyun as a reaper—but would he be here now to save him now?

Ji Yong looked up at the small bat that was hovering over him. It seemed to just watch him now, and it didn’t try to help him. It started to chirp something, but whatever it was saying it wasn’t reaching his ears clearly and Ji Yong was not sure what it was saying. It made him feel desperate, and scared.  Ji Yong raised his hands much like he did the first time, and gasped when he felt the dead cold hands that started to grip him, trying to pull him down.

No!

He didn’t want to die!

Ji Yong started to struggle, but that only seemed to serve in making him sink in faster. He nearly screamed when the hand appeared in front of him. Ji Yong gasped, as he was dragged down to his waist, and he started to think fast.

He brought his wings out, and tried to pull himself by making them push down, and help him have some leverage to getting out, but the hands grabbed his wings. Ji Yong cried out in pain and fear.

“SEUNG HYUN!!”


Seung Hyun’s mouth was dry- but all he could see for miles was a desert, with no end. It was almost like staring out at the endless ocean- except that this was all baked dirt and heat wave against heat wave. Seung Hyun stumbled a bit, but balled his hands and continued on walking, when suddenly his heart thundered in his chest. He could have sworn that he had just heard Ji Yong’s desperate voice calling out to him, and Seung Hyun turned around, looking all around him, searching for Ji Yong, but he didn’t see him. He started to trembled, fear struck for his beloved, when the sky above him cracked, and Seung Hyun looked up at the sky, and noted a wave of puffy dark clouds moving forward across the vast blue sky.

Seung Hyun started to move once more, keeping his eyes onto the sky, as it cracked and light flashed through it. He had never seen a storm so angry in the past, and Seung Hyun’s stifled breathing became heavier as he quickened his steps.

Ji Yong…Ji Yong…just a bit longer, he thought to himself, closing his eyes and lowering his face as he pushed his body further onto his limits. He was not about to give up here, just because he felt so exhausted. No, he was sure that Ji Yong was also searching for him, so he had to keep moving. Seung Hyun didn’t think that he could do it, not with his body feeling like his bones were made of led- but he sprinted- and moved.

The faster he went, the less years he wasted, but the more the world around him worked.

The buildings were rebuilding themselves, and around him they created a city.

Tall buildings all around, but Seung Hyun ran across them- moving faster.

He had to reach the end soon.


Life silently watched as Seung Hyun suddenly started to move faster through the world around him. It had been five more days since he had started on the path- for a total of ten days. There had been nothing new to happen, but throughout the whole trial, Seung Hyun had kept a steady pace, and was amazingly making his way to the end in record time. Just now he was about to lose another thousand years.

Life counted until the one thousand year vanished.

It was almost funny, how others had tried to go down this same path. He being life had the pleasure to be able to watch their struggle, and neither of them had been as committed as Seung Hyun had been. From the very start he had pushed forward and never once trailed back, lost- it was as if he knew where he was going. Life was not sure himself where that was- after all no one had ever finished the path before.

To say that the path lasted fifteen days was just what was hoped for. After the fifteen days, no matter who was caught in the path would start losing years triple the speed. That is why Life felt worried. There were only five more years, and he didn’t know if Seung Hyun was any closer to finishing than he was when he had first started. But he couldn’t blame him. Life smiled as he watched his likeness, he had odd blue hair, but Seung Hyun still looked so much like him. There was only one reason he could ever guess that made Seung Hyun so strong, and that was the fact that someone wonderful was waiting for him to survive this.

He would do the same for Death if things were turned.

Glancing over his shoulder he could see Death fretting as he tried to calm himself down from having to watch Seung Hyun lose so many years. It was starting to get frustrating to have to watch it- but one thing was for sure. Life had no doubt that for someone like Kwon Ji Yong; Seung Hyun was going to reach the other side.

Suddenly a thunderous sound filled the room, and Death stopped pacing and turned towards the screen once more, walking close to Life. “What’s going on?” he asked.

“There’s a storm coming,” Life said, his eyes flickering to the sky and then to Seung Hyun whom had started to sprint, with even more velocity.

“A storm…is it another trial on his life?”

“I wouldn’t have a doubt,”

Life turned to Death, and gazed at his worried face. For the sake of everything, Seung Hyun had to make it to the end.


It had been a couple of days, Dami had lost count, since Hye Yoon had turned five, and fallen asleep, with no hope of her waking up any time soon. Dami had decided to keep an eye on her in case she woke up, but at the same time she had started to figure out a way to get in touch with the abyss. If she had gone there once before as a spirit, she could do it again- if she used a medium. All she had to do was relax her body and concentrate deeply enough for her spirit to leave her body, and transcend once more into the abyss.

The only thing that held her back was that she had not trust whatsoever that her brothers and parents would be alright if she left for a few hours. Finally making a decision, she headed out the door, and went in search for Young Bae. If there was anyone right now that she felt could keep a level head if any situation raised, it was Young Bae.

Young Bae had been shocked by her proposition, but nodded his head. He was going to help her, if it meant helping Ji Yong and Seung Hyun. But for that matter, he decided to leave Seungri and Daesung in the dark about this. He didn’t want his other brothers getting their hopes up, specially his mate, when this didn’t work.

He could only pray.

Dami had sat down next to Hye Yoon, as Young Bae looked the door and stood to the side, praying, with a necklace of beads in his hands, and a silver cross. Dami watched him for a few seconds.

“You’re so odd,” she muttered.

“I know,” Young Bae whispered, “but I am worried.”

“I am as well,” she smiled, and then closed her eyes. “Wish me luck.”

It took some hours, and a bit of frustration, but Dami had managed the astral projection. As she headed to the abyss in search for Death, she was greeted by Life instead. The man was in Death’s room, and he was looking at her.

“Why are you here?” Life asked.

“Where’s Death?” She asked. “I need to talk to him,”

Life stood up and let her follow him. Dami was not sure what she was going to say to Death, but she needed to know what was going on. She needed to understand the situation and learn more about her past life.

---

Ha Yi had once more been thankful to Hope, as she had been able to help Dong Wook. The man was still sick and very weak as he was recovering. At first, she had treated Dong Wook, getting the poison out, and then making a medicinal herb that helped him flush out the toxins that had reached deep in his body. Dong Wook had throw up a lot, until his body was tired. A few days later they had found a rather homey cabin where they took refuge. There was a lake nearby, and for one reason or the other, Ha Yi had noted that Hope took to looking at the gently rushing water.

It was almost odd, how the days had passed so fast, that they had nearly seemed that they blended into the other. But there was still no word from Seung Hyun, and Ha Yi could feel Hope’s worry. She herself was worried.

What was to become of Seung Hyun?

Furthermore, she was surprised that their only source of nourishment had been the water that Hope had asked her to drink and give to Dong Wook. She gave Dong Wook to drink every day, three times during the day, and after he drank, she would drink- and all she could feel was herself getting stronger.

There had been no need for blood.

“Any day now,” Hope said.

“What do you mean?” Ha Yi asked.

“Where Seung Hyun is, there is no time, so you can only calculate here from earth, but I can feel him coming soon,” Hope finally explained, smiling. Ha Yi allowed a grin to appear on her face, and eagerly looked out to the ocean.

Any day now.


“SEUNG HYUN!!”

Multiple hands wrapped around Ji Yong, from his waist, chest, legs, arms, as he was being further pulled down. Ji Yong was crying. He didn’t want to die. When he heard melodious chirping from above him, he saw that the small bat was still trying to communicate with him. Ji Yong decided he needed to listen. He was slowly sinking, but it was taking a long time.

It was because he was resisting.

The small bat curves back and forth, crying the same thing.

Ji Yong strained to hear, narrowing his eyes. The small bat flew closer, scared that it would be grabbed, but he wanted to help Ji Yong that badly. Ji Yong Followed it with his eyes, keeping a close eye on its mouth- and lip read.

You can’t die in a dream, Ji Yong, you can’t die in a dream- so escape the dream world! You’ll find Seung Hyun in the real world!

The dream world…this was all a dream?

Ji Yong froze and he stopped resisting. There were more hands now, grabbing him tightly, and pulling him down. Ji Yong took a deep breath, and closed his eyes as his shoulders followed, and then his neck was being pulled down. Ji Yong looked up at the small bat.

“Wish me luck,” he rasped…

Seung Hyun, Seung Hyun…he was doing this for him, and with tears in his eyes, Ji Yong allowed himself to be pulled through- until the fear over rode any other sense in him.

Ji Yong’s eyes snapped open and he gasped.

He looked around him and there was nothing but darkness that made him panic, but his body was not locked in any tar, so he started to touch all around him. He was not sure of where he was until he found a small hand hold, and his fingers shifted on the small intrequet latch, and he pushed whatever was over him to the side.

Ji Yong, wrinkled, prune, and practically dead looking sat in his coffin, looking around himself, and breathing fast. All he felt was a rush of energy, bursting out him- so much of it. 

He needed blood, and he needed it now- and then he was going to go for Seung Hyun.

And he wasn't going to let no one stand in his way. 


The moment that Ji Yong opened his eyes, the castle came alive once more. A flare of powerful magic flared through the castle walls, and it made everyone in it watch with awe, as the castle seemed to shine, and come alive. The king himself was shocked by the sudden change. He sat up and decided to look around. His queens were worried, but remained where they were.

Seungri, and Daesung both had noticed it as well, and rushed through the castle. “Young Bae!” he called, feeling excited but at the same time worried.

Young Bae’s eyes were wide, and the beads in his hands fell…

Had Ji Yong woken up... but how?