And Blue Is The Color...Of When We Met

Shine Bright Like A Diamond

Shine Bright Like A Diamond 

Chapter Thirty-Five 

7 Years Later

Kwon Ji Yong had stopped aging the moment that he turned twenty-two.

It was almost incredible the way that he gradually felt himself grow into his powers, inhibited by nothing stopping his growth. He felt powerful even more so, stronger than he had felt before. The fact that he had stopped aging though was a fact that he kept to himself as the first two years had been the hardest for him to face, especially alone. Often he didn’t want to think that he was alone, seeing as every now and then he would sense Seung Hyun around. That special tug in his heart would act up and he just knew that he was around, watching him from afar-watching him finish growing- and he hated that he couldn’t do the same. As much as Ji Yong wanted to be close to Seung Hyun, to be able to see him, he knew that at this moment that was impossible.

Beyond his lonely, and private celebration of having reached maturity, he kept hoping that Seung Hyun would return. But the years kept passing, and even as Ji Yong kept wishing for the moment that Seung Hyun would choose to return, it just seemed like he never would. Just a little longer, he would tell himself- but another year passed and he had yet to be able to see Seung Hyun again. Was he going to have to wait until Seung Hyun matured? If it had only been seven years, would that mean that he would have to wait a bunch more, maybe until Seung Hyun was in his Twenties? It felt ridiculous.

And then, on the month of June, this year, his father had started to pressure him. As soon as Ji Yong hit his twenty-seven birthday, things had changed. His father had become stricter, telling him that he needed to get his act together and be as productive as his brothers- but he was not the only one that he was tough on- he was also tough on Daesung. After all, the last age to mature on was age thirty, meaning that in just three years, he and Daesung would officially viewed as adults- even if there was no assurance that they were of age yet or not.

Seeing as they were the only ones that remained unmated, and with Dami’s disappearance, everything fell on them.

Ji Yong for one was the proclaimed G-dragon, and the next heir to the throne. Although he had beaten Young Bae in sheer strength, rationality, ability to be a leader, and had earned his keep, there was still the trouble of Ji Yong being able to produce an heir or not. If there was going to be someone in his life that would allow him that luxury and it didn’t help that Seungri had the ability to get pregnant, and had already given birth to a healthy baby boy, which they had named Tae Hyun. Both Yong Bae and Seungri were very happy with their child, and Ji Yong had to admit that he was a bit envious of their happiness and small little family that they had created for their own. He wished them well, he really did, but when he was missing his own mate that was when it really made it hurt deep inside.

He wasn’t even sure if he could have kids anyways.

He didn’t want to think about it.

Just like he didn’t want to think about all the potential suitors that his father kept pushing his way- most of them females that served to annoy him to no end.

Ji Yong refused to see anyone, or even talk to anyone that came trying to date him or anything. He was still waiting, after all. There was only one person that had his heart, and he was still waiting for him, for Seung Hyun. He wanted to have a family of his own, and he wanted to built that foundation with Seung Hyun.

Just Seung Hyun would be enough. 

Today wasn’t any different from what his routine had become. He got up, had breakfast, trained on his own now that he no longer needed a teacher, and then worked on paperwork that dealt with the community that he was soon going to run under his rule. Depending on whenever it was that his father would step down- although Ji Yong knew that still had years to be. His father was nowhere near retirement, especially when he, the heir of the throne was still mateless.

Ji Yong sighed, drowning down his daily dosage of blood, and was about to sit down to read a few of those damned papers when Daesung entered his office, panting hard as if he had been running. The pink and blue haired vampire set his cup down and walked towards his brother. “Ji-dad-he… ACCEPTED!” Daesung screamed, nearly dropping down to the floor.

“What are you talking about?” Ji Yong asked, wondering what had his brother in such a rush. He tried to get him to take a seat, but the blond kept flailing and shaking his head, looking like he’d rather faint.

“Ji—he…he’s…Prince…SEVEN!” Daesung pressed a hand to his chest, unable to form the right words himself. Seungri who was currently visiting ran in behind Daesung, carefully holding his two month old child, Tae Hyun.

“Ji! Dad accepted a proposal with Prince Seven!”

Ji Yong’s eyes widened, he must have heard wrong. “What do you mean?” he feared the worst.

“Mom mentioned that Prince Seven was coming for a visit. We didn’t want to tell you anything since Prince Seven wasn’t really announcing himself loudly or anything like that. But we were wondering why he was here, since he came directly to speak with father…and…” Daesung shrugged his shoulders.

“We think dad just agreed for Prince Seven to court you…”

“Father wouldn’t do that!” Ji Yong said, almost as he was trying to convince himself. But he was sure that his father was more than capable of setting him up for such a proposal. “Dad wouldn’t go against my wishes,” he shook his head. He still had to believe though, that his father respected him enough to not want to set him up.

The man must be desperate.

All three brothers worriedly consumed each other in their thoughts, before Tae Hyun started to loudly cry. Seungri looked down at his baby and started to coo at him, trying to get him to calm down. They had rarely seen Prince Seven since the man had been said to be wounded in his pursuit to find the entrance of the Abyss of Hell. Ji Yong had last remembered him promising to bring Seung Hyun back to him, but didn’t believe him. What could he possibly want now, after seven years of not bothering them?

“Heh, guess all the excitement has him worn out,” Seungri muttered as he watched the child pause in his crying to yawn, and then mumble in angry baby rambles. Ji Yong and Daesung both smiled softly as Seungri pressed the small child to his chest, and patted his back, getting him to calm down and fall asleep.

“Is prince Seven still talking to father?” Ji Yong asked, trying to regain some of his composure, no fear, no anger, he knew he could deal with this. If he was going to truly be the next king, then he must be able to resolve his problems without getting angry in an explosive way.

Daesung and Seungri both nodded.

“He should be,” Daesung said.

Ji Yong nodded his head. “I’ll go speak to them both now,” Ji Yong said, briskly walking out of his office. Both Daesung and Seungri watched after him in worry.

“I sorely hope that your uncle Ji doesn’t kill your Grandpa for this, Tae,” Seungri murmured to his child, causing Daesung to snort.

“Don’t go on telling your kid how violent his uncle truly is,” Daesung lightly chastised.

“Eh heh, he has to know, I’ll worry about him pissing his uncle Ji off in the future,” Seungri grinned.

“Willing that there is a future after this,” Daesung sighed. Seungri solemnly nodded his head.

Ji Yong on the other hand had made it to his father’s office, and although he knew the man would get mad, he didn’t bother knocking on the door. If his father was in there talking about him and his future, then there was no time for respecting and showing any kind of curtsey. He simply walked in, with a stern look on his face, to find his father, Young Bae, and Prince Seven all talking. It was all hush-hush after he was inside though, and he walked closer.

“Ji Yong, what are you doing here?” his father, King Yang, demanded.

“Prince G-dragon, a pleasure to see you again,” Prince Seven bowed to him respectively.

“Ji, you shouldn’t walk in like that, it’s disrespectful!” Young Bae scolded.

“I was told that a meeting was going on about my future, without my input father,” Ji Yong said before turning to the other prince, “Prince Seven, the pleasure is mine,” and then he turned to his brother, “Can it Bae,”

“Who ever told you about this?” The king snapped, looking displeased.

“I’m betting on Daesung and Seungri, father,” Young Bae responded, although he was glaring daggers at Ji Yong for his response.

Ji Yong glared right back. How could Young Bae be at his father’s side about this?

“Well, since you are here now,” Prince Seven said, turning to look at Ji Yong, “I am already happily married my prince, but I came here today for a request. And that was for you to allow my son, to court you.”

Ji Yong froze, eyes wide to the softly smiling Prince Seven.

“Your son?” That was a shocking surprise. He had not known that the man was already married and had a son.

“Yes my son, Prince TOP, I will bring him around with me next time I come, but please, consider it?” Prince Seven asked. “I wish for you not to refuse him,”

Ji Yong shook his head, “I’m sorry, but I…”

“Ji Yong please, stop turning down suitors just because you are waiting for a ghost,” his father pleaded. “I wish to see you happy once again, I can’t stand this depression you have brought down on all of us,” his father sighed, “Of all my children, you are the only one so deeply bounded to the castle that the walls themselves seem to spell out your sorrow. Please, try to accept the offer- or meet Prince Seven son before you deny him,” his father pleaded still. Ji Yong pursed his lips, not knowing what to do.

This was going against his heart, and the respect and love he had for his father. He was still waiting. Damn it, but he would wait forever for Seung Hyun. He didn’t care.  Looking at both his father, and his brother, Ji Yong could see the palpable worry and for once swallowed his own feelings. “Alright,” he bit out, “I’ll consider meeting him, at least,” he said.

“Thank you,” his father happily said, “That is all I ask,” Ji Yong could see their happy smiles. He wished he could be happy as well and smile as they did. In the end, there was never anything but the heavy feeling of dread and the clenching feeling of pain deep in his heart.

Dong Wook suddenly chuckled, catching everyone’s attention, “You have got to be the least excitable person in the world, Prince G-dragon,” the man smiled, causing Ji Yong to frown when Young Bae and his father agreed with that assessment.

“Please, by all means Prince Seven, leave!” Ji Yong hissed.

“I will, but like I said, I will be returning,” Dong Wook didn’t deter in his smiling despite how Ji Yong seemed to hate it. He knew that if he talked to the king and Young Bae, he knew he would get a reaction out of the young vampire. But already, he couldn’t wait for the moment that Prince G-dragon and Prince TOP met.  

It was bound to be interesting.


“What’s this?”

Ha Yi, whom was humming to herself while knitting, turned to Seung Hyun, whom was on the floor beside her, pointing at an image in a book. She frowned at the image as well, not really knowing what it was. “I’m not sure,” she said. Seung Hyun shrugged, and flipped the page, his curious eyes taking in many other images of the book he was looking at. It wasn’t really a book, but more of an photo album that Dong Wook had let Seung Hyun get his hands on. Ha Yi chuckled to herself, “You should really stop acting like a child already,” she huffed.

Seung Hyun chuckled again, “Sorry, I just matured in a span of seven years, it feels odd,” the blue haired reaper touched his shoulders, and then flexed his hands. Truly, amazing that he had matured so fast.

“I was amazed at how fast you aged. You look just as handsome as you did when I first met you,” she murmured, placing her half knitted scarf to the side, in favor to look at him. Seung Hyun nodded his head, looking at his own hand.

He could still remember what Death told him seven years ago, grow up fast, and make sure to make yourself and Ji Yong happy. Don’t forget him. At first, he wondered how he would even manage to grow in time to make that possible. He had been so desperately thinking about ways that he could make Ji Yong happy, and tormenting himself with it. But now he understood. He was mature once more. He might not be as old as he was before, but he still had all his memories, and he was thankful to that. And since then he had only built in his knowledge more and more, learning, and bettering himself.

All for the moment that he would meet Ji Yong again.

Sure, now he was a prince. He had responsibilities. But it was still a bit difficult at times hiding the fact that he was a Reaper. After all, he could decide when the life of someone ended, judging by who came to him. Like always he gave them the fork in the road decision, one that would kill them, and the other one that would save and better their lives. You can guess which road everyone always took.

Not that Seung Hyun minded. Taking a new soul was all part of his diet, besides feeding on the natural energy of the earth itself. Now that he was free from any ties, he felt like he could feed forever and have all the energy that he needed. This left a problem, if he was to mate to Ji Yong once more, he didn’t think that he would want them again in a relationship where he could drain Ji Yong of his life. He refused to be the cause of Ji Yong’s illnesses and unhappiness, so Seung Hyun had worked hard on his research.

And he had found a solution.

So, now he was ready.

He just hoped that it worked.

“You might have aged, but you are still so much like a child,” Ha Yi grinned, “It’s so new, but endearing of you, but” she looked at him worriedly.

Seung Hyun grew nervous now, “Do you think that Ji Yong might not like me now?” he wondered aloud, voicing his own fears. “I know Dong Wook went so that I can get a chance to court him and all, but what if he has found someone better?” Seung Hyun wondered. Sure, he had gone every now and then to spy on Ji Yong, out of the sheer fact that he missed him.

He had seen Ji Yong grow up, become powerful, stricter, wiser, and a true leader. He wasn’t the same Ji Yong that he had first met, but he was still his number one. Seung Hyun still loves him and cherishes him. He just didn’t think that there was a way, after making him wait for so long, that Ji Yong would still love him.

Because he had done some growing as well, and he had changed a bit himself. He finally grew up with two people that he truly could consider as parents. Ha Yi and Dong Wook, although it was a short period of time, played the perfect parents for him, his mother and his father. They still acted as if they were his mother and his father. Dong Wook took him in, and gave him a chance where he was in a position more favorable so that he can be with Ji Yong with no problem. He even had the funny strict grandparents that although they acted all stuck up, were actually pretty warm and caring in their own way.

Seung Hyun had never had that. He had never known that having parents and a family- although not really his- having people accept him, and treat him as family was nice. And now he really wanted that with Ji Yong. Now he was more ready to embrace the fact that if he mated Ji Yong, his brothers, and his parents would welcome him as well.

Maybe it is because know he understood more from where Ji Yong was coming from when they had first been bonded together. Although it was strange, and it made him panic when he had first learned for their bond- Seung Hyun couldn’t help but to think that he was stupid for never really understanding what family meant.

When Ha Yi got pregnant for real, as she was now with Dong Wook’s child in her belly, he wondered if he and Ji Yong would get to experience that. The beginning of a family of their own. He wanted all of that with Ji Yong.

But could a reaper and a vampire have that?

And even if they couldn’t, just being with Ji Yong would be enough.

“Life, no matter how long you live it, is always going to change you Seung Hyun. You could go, and you could court Ji Yong once again, but if…” Ha Yi looked sadly down, “But if you two have grown too different, apart, then…then you just part ways right,” Ha Yi said, “You and Ji Yong could…decide what to do in the end,” Ha Yi managed, not knowing what else she could say to quell Seung Hyun’s fears.

Seung Hyun pursed his lips. “I don’t think I would ever accept Ji Yong in another person’s arms,” he possessively hissed. “He’s mine,”

“I’m sure,” she smiled, “So, fighting, until the very end, right?”

Seung Hyun nodded his head, and forced a smile on his face. Are you still waiting for me Ji Yong? He wondered to himself. “Till the end,”


For the next few days, Ji Yong brooded over the fact that he had even agreed to meet someone. Damn his father, his brother- all of his family- for being his number one weakness. He didn’t want them to worry about him anymore. He was fine, he would be alright. He could say whatever all he wanted and give in to what they wished, but it didn’t change how he felt in the end. He just wanted Seung Hyun, as selfish as it was starting to sound in his own ears; all he could do was curse the blue haired reaper repeatedly- until he felt that his own stress was suffocating him.

That was why the moment that he entered the Dungeons where his brothers were eating and quietly talking amongst themselves, they fell silent watching him in awe. There was an air of anger, as well as something unsettling that surrounded Ji Yong, and it was scary to think what it could mean.

“What’s got you in such a bad mood?” Seungri asked, biting into his meat. Tae Hyun was in Yong Bae’s arms, getting bottled fed some blood. Daesung on the other hand was reaching for another bloody chicken wing. Ji Yong sighed.

“Today is the day,” he muttered, crossing his arms and pouting.

“The day?” Daesung asked, knowing very well what day it was, but deciding to tease his brother. Ji Yong glared at him, and sat straight, snatching himself some meat, gladly biting into the bloody square.

“The day I meet Prince TOP” He finally said through his messy chewing. Daesung couldn’t keep himself from laughing.

“Who the hell gives a person the name TOP?” Seungri asked, his fingers of the blood staining his fingers.

“Prince Seven?” Young Bae supplied, placing the bottle beside himself and placing Tae Hyun against his chest with a blanket, so he could burp him. The tiny vampire let out a hiccup and burp, before giggling. For being so young, Tae Hyun was already highly aware of his surroundings, and was very active as well.

“He’s full of himself, that’s for sure,” Daesung said around his piece of chicken. “Naming his son TOP,”

“You mean giving him the title as TOP,” Young Bae corrected, “Who knows what his real name is,”

“It’s probably something like ‘Dong Wook the second’ or something along those lines,” Seungri joked, reaching for his baby once the little one started to make grabby hands his way.

“You guys aren’t helping one bit,” Ji Yong hissed. He then turned a sharp look to Daesung. “What about you? I heard that father forced you to date a new girl?” Ji Yong looked at Daesung curiously. After the battle, and lost of Seung Hyun, Daesung had no luck in the love department. Hyori broke things off with him and mated with someone else. Since then, Daesung had not dated anyone. In fact, Ji Yong still wasn’t even sure what was the cause of Hyori breaking up with Daesung when they seemed to be happy together- something had surely changed.

“He gave me a few options, but I have yet to decide on any one of them,” Daesung muttered, blushing madly. He had several new females to choose from, but at this point, he still was not sure if he was ready. “Besides, Minzy still haunts me,” he admitted.

“Your love for her,” Young Bae said.

“Can’t believe you still feel strongly for her,” Seungri muttered.

“It’s her loss though.” Ji Yong said, “If she never notices you,”

Daesung dropped his gaze, “Actually, I heard she was engaged to some snotty vampire or something like that…” Young Bae, Seungri, and Ji Yong looked at Daesung with sad looks. They didn’t know anymore how to help their hapless brother. Daesung really deserved to be with someone better. Someone that wouldn’t take his love for granted. “Don’t look so sad, I will be alright,”

“I bet you will,” Ji Yong softly smiled at his brother, patting his shoulder.

“Given time,” Seungri groaned as he adjusted a now yawning Tae Hyun. “You two are lagging behind,” he commented. Both Daesung and Ji Yong laughed. Young Bae simply wrapped an arm around his mate, giving him comfort. He thought that it was a blessing really that he and Seungri got pregnant as soon as his mate mature. It was more a surprise to them than anything. They had not been keeping track of Seungri’s years, or his maturity.

But here was their son now.

And they couldn’t be happier.

“Well, I guess little Tae Hyun will just have to wait longer for him to have cousins to play with,” Daesung joked.

“Right” Ji Yong shook his head.

“Prince G-dragon” Hyun Joong knocked on the dungeon doors. Everyone stiffened, and Ji Yong’s eyes widened. “Prince G-dragon, are you in here? Your guest, Prince TOP has arrived.” Hyun Joong knocked once more, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

“Damn, is it time already?” he asked to himself more than anyone else. Young Bae gave him a glare, and nudged him with his foot.

“Get going already” he hissed.

“Prince G-dragon” There was another knock.

Ji Yong reluctantly got to his feet, “I will make you and father regret trying to set me up,” he darkly muttered.

“Yeah right,” Young Bae confidently said. Ji Yong gave him a last glare before he walked outside, and met Hyun Joong there. The Servant bowed at him, and then gesture to him towards the living room. As soon as Ji Yong was gone, Young Bae chuckled.

“What’s so funny?” Daesung asked, seeing as even Seungri had a little wicked grin on his face. They were hiding something.

“It’s about prince TOP and who he is,”

“Huh,” Daesung looked confused.

“He’s…”


Ji Yong felt like the walk from the dungeons to the living room was short. The living room was full of people there, including Prince Seven and whom he would assume was his mate- and pregnant at that. He was a bit surprised by the female, feeling a sense of Déjà vu when he saw her. Truly right now he really didn’t know what to expect.

“Prince G-dragon,”

“Prince G-dragon,”

A Chorus of his name went all around, as the people in the living room all started bowing to him. Ji Yong felt a little out of place with all the sudden bowing.

But as the sea of people lowered themselves into deep bows, Ji Yong’s eyes caught a flash of blue.

On the other side of the room, and between them nothing but a sea of people who were bowing down to him. Just a few feet away, Ji Yong’s breath caught and his heart nearly exploded. How could he had been so focus in his own guilt of having let himself be rope to meet with someone when he was waiting for the one he loved- how could he have missed that he was here…

He was here, standing…he had to be. Ji Yong nearly pinched himself, “Seung Hyun,” he whispered.

For the first time in his life he didn’t know whether to faint, or run to Seung Hyun and engulf him in a tight embrace.