Chapter 8 - Love in the Dark

Lesson in Love

"RUBY! Are you okay?" Hoon shouts from the other side of the door.

"She's fine! Just a little freak out!" AJ response.

"Why the hell is the door lock?! Come out right now!" He yells, trying the door.

"We can't see!"

"Then I'm busting the door open!"

"Don't you dare break my door!"

"Why? The hell are you two doing?"

"NOTHING!"

"Ruby, open the door! Just follow my voice!" You start to go towards it when AJ stops you.

"Wait...we should put our clothes back on...don't want him to kill me." You nod as you both quickly got dressed.

"Ruby?"

"Coming!" You wait til AJ was done before finally opening the door only to be greeted by Hoon's arm.

"Don't scare me like that! I thought something bad happened!"

"Sorry...the blackout just took me by surprise."

"Well, everything's fine now...we've got flashlights and candles, remember?" You nod.

"Come on, let's join the others." He takes your hand as the three of you made your way back to the others.

"RUBY! Are you hurt or anything? We heard you scream." Eli ask, inspecting you for any injuries.

"I'm fine..really."

"Thank God you're okay!" Julie exclaim, bringing you into her arms.

"Sorry for worrying you..." You mumble as you hug her back.

"Well, we were warn that something like this would happen...hopefully it won't last long though." Soohyun calmly tells the group.

"What do we do now? Just sit around in the dark?" You ask the group.

"I know a way to lighten the mood...come on." Eli gestures for everyone to sit down as you place all the candles in the middle of your circle.

Yo listen up

This is my tragic story

Just the breaking of my heart

I still cannot erase you

I keep thinking about you

I really miss you

I can't sleep at all at night

The sound of the raindrops hitting on the window of my heart

The place that you left

I really miss you

And I cannot sleep at all at night...

Julie and you smile as the guys finish singing, clapping your hands in delight.

"WOW! That was amazing!" Julie gush, patting Eli on the back. You nod.

"Yeah, who knew you guys could all sing? You sound like a real idol group!" The guys laugh.

"Yeah right! Can you imagine any of us as idols? With the singing and dancing?" Dongho said, making a face.

"Says the guy with two left feet!" Kevin jokes, poking him in the stomache.

"Hey! My dancing's not that bad!" He gets up and starts to do some foot work, cracking you all up.

"Besides, what would we even call ourselves? International Super Star? I.S.S?" You wrinkle your nose.

"I.S.S? That sounds weird..."

"Ohh! Add ubiquitous & korean in front! Then it makes U.K.I.S.S. UKISS!" Julie tells the group.

"Ubiquitous? What does that mean?" Kiseop ask, staring at her in confusion.

"It means to be everywhere! You know, like a diverse thing." She explain.

"Ohh!" They all nodded.

"Hmm...UKISS...it does sound really cute!" You smile, looking at the guys.

"I especially like the KISS part..." AJ grins, winking at you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I'm hungry! You said we have food stored right?" Dongho ask Soohyun, his eyes going big.

"Yeah, yeah...I'll go get it." He starts to get up, but you stop him.

"Let me...I'm thirsty anyways..."

"Ohh! You got any Arizona Green Tea?" Eli ask as he follows you into the kitchen.

"I thought you like RedBulls?" You ask as you hand him his drink. He shrugs.

"I do...but then I discovered these and immediately got addicted." You shake your head, laughing.

"It's one addiction to another with you, huh?" You tease, poking his stomache. He grins.

"Some addictions can't be helped." He whispers, looking deep into your eyes.

"Eli?" You stare back at him as he comes closer and closer until your noses were touching.

"Wh-what are you doing?" You nervously ask, backing up until you hit the counter behind you. He smiles.

"Isn't it obvious?" He answers before kissing you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

You stood there in shock as he wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you closer. It wasn't until you felt him nibbling on your bottom lip that you got back your senses and quickly push him away, wiping your mouth.

"Why would you do that?? Aren't you with Julie?" He shakes his head.

"We like each other, sure, but after being with her, I realize I still have feelings for you...I told her that and she understands...but like you, I'm confused about who I want."

"But why now? I thought since you were with her, you were over me...It doesn't make any sense!" He takes your hand and held it tightly.

"I'm sorry to bring this up now, but the heart wants what it wants...and right now, my heart still wants you..."

"Eli...even if what you said is true...why would you want to throw away a sure thing like her for someone who doesn't know what she wants?"

"It's okay...I don't blame him..." You both turn to see Julie making her way to you both.

"But you two look so cute together!" You exclaim. She smiles as she takes your hand.

"Just because we look cute together doesn't mean anything..." He nods.

"Besides, she told me there's some guys she has been keeping an eye on, so it's not THAT weird between us." Eli explains. You look at the two of them, shaking your head.

"This is just too bizarre!"

"It's not like we were official or anything...it was just all in fun for us." Julie tells you, shrugging.

"She's right, we have a lot fun together...but it was more like two friends hanging out, not two people dating...we can't force something that isn't really there...although we did try..." Eli adds.

"Did you? Did you really? You guys barely started and already came up with this conclusion?" You ask them.

"Like I said, it wasn't anything serious in the first place....I told him that from the beginning." Julie explains. You took deep breaths, trying to process everything when a thought occurred to you.

"Wait...so if what you two are saying is true...and it wasn't anything serious...then...then you still like me this entire freakin time?!?" Your eyes widen in surprise as you look at him. He nods.

"You're so cute...how can I NOT like you?" He tells you as he takes your hand into his. You turn to Julie, who didn't seem to care about that fact.

"But...but...Julie..." She just shakes her head and smile.

"So...I suppose it's back to four now right?"  She ask as you look down at his hands holding yours, noting how your heart was now racing because of it before staring back into his eyes, your knees feeling weak as he flashes you a smile. Crap...and I thought it couldn't get anymore complicated!!!