Chapter 12 - XOXO

Lesson in Love

"We're back! Did you guys clean up the mess?" You shout the moment you open the door.

"You know the mix colors doesn't look bad." Julie comments.

"In a retro style, I suppose..." Eli says, his arms full with groceries. You look at him.

"You sure you don't need help?"

"I'm fine! I'll just go put these away." He grunts, heading towards the kitchen.

"NOONA! You're back!" Dongho shouts, giving you a big hug.

"We only went shopping..." You laugh, hugging him back.

"Go to my room." He whispers in your ear. You look at him in confusion.

"Why?"

"Just do it!" He shoves you in that direction, quickly opening the door before pushing you in, closing the door behind you.

"Ow! What the hell--Kevin? Why are you in here?" He was sitting on Dongho's bed, nervously playing with his hand. He smiles, gesturing you to sit on the chair.

"Just sit and listen, okay?" You nod, taking a seat, smiling as you notice his cheeks were a slight shade of pink.

"I...um...wanna sing you a song...so don't laugh, okay?" He takes a deep breath before starting.

You are the only one I want

You're the only one I love

Pinky promise you this from the bottom of my heart

On the good days and bad days and the times you need someone to lean on

I'll always be there for you

You're my girl...

You felt your heart skip a beat as he bit his lower lip after he was done.

"I...I just wanted to express how I feel about you.." You smile, taking his hand as automatically grips onto it. You stare into his eyes.

"Did you write that?" He slowly nods.

"Did...did you like it?" You lean forward, lightly kissing his cheek.

"I love it." He flashes you a huge smile as his hand touch where you kiss him. You ruffle his hair, beaming.

"You're so cute, Kev..." He blushes even more.

"Ruby...I'm in lo--" The door opens, revealing Dongho.

"Noona! Soohyun-hyung's looking for you!" You look at Kevin to see him nodding.

"Go ahead..." You smile, patting his shoulder.

"Thanks again for the song."

"Anytime..."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Oppa? What's the emergency?" You found him in the living room, pacing back and forth. He looks up at your voice and smiles.

"Ruby, follow me!" He grabs your hand and drags you to the backyard, making you sit down.

"Stay here." You scrunch up your face in confusion, but you nodded anyways. What's with everybody today? Don't tell me it's another event? You watch as he quickly disappears around the corner, just as Kiseop appears. He sits down across from you, nervously running his fingers through his hair before pulling out a piece of paper from his pocket, his hands shaking.

"I wrote you something...will you listen to it?" Yep, it's another one alright...You nod.

"Sure." He slowly unfolds the paper, clearing his throat as his eyes focus on it.

It's funny how fast it takes for you to like someone

It happens so quickly, you don't know how it begun

You try to think how it started in the first place

and how you never realized before when they were in front of your face

And once this feeling starts, it's hard to make it disappear

You're in too deep;you can't let go, for it's too dear

So now you're stuck with this feeling that can only be describe as something more than a crush

This sick feeling that makes your heart beats in such a great rush

It drives you crazy an even makes you go insane

and no matter what you do, they're always in your head, stuck in your brain

How did this happen? Suddenly you find yourself obsessed

thinking of them all day and night that you hardly get enough rest...

There was a slight pause as he finish reading it, folding back up the paper as you look at him.

"So...what did you think?" He ask, his entire face flush. You smile.

"That was...that was beautiful..." He beams at you, his eyes shining.

"You really like it?" You nod, taking his hand into yours, giving it a small squeeze.

"I do..." He lets out a sigh of relief.

"I'm so glad you do! You know I...I really lo--"

"RUBY! I need to talk to you right now!" Hoon demands as he heads towards you both. He pulls on your hand, lifting you off the chair.

"Can't it wait? Kiseop's trying to tell me something!"

"He can tell you later!"

"But--" Kiseop sighs.

"It's fine...we can finish this later..."

"Are you sure?" He nods. You free your hands form Hoon's grip and gave Kiseop a quick kiss.

"Thanks...for the poem." He smiles, his cheeks pink.

"S-sure..."

"Let's go!" Hoon exclaims, pushing you towards the house.

"Okay! Okay! Geez, it's not like someone's dying..."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Okay...What is it?" You sat down on the couch as you look at Hoon.

"Just...stay."

"Do I look like a dog to you?" He shakes his head.

"NO! Just...wait here, okay?" You sigh, rolling your eyes.

"Whatever..." Here we go again... He leaves the room, making you sit there by yourself for a few minutes.

"Hey...sorry to keep you waiting..." You turn to see AJ smiling at you, both his hands behind his back.

"AJ? Let me guess...you've got a surprise for me too?" He nods, bringing his gift forward.

"For you...I hope you like it..." You take the present from his hand, noting it was a bit heavy.

"Careful when you open it." He warns as he sits down next to you.

"What is it?"

"Just open." You start unwrapping it and carefully lift up the lid.

"Oh wow! It's beautiful!" You lift the heart-shape glass up and examine it thoroughly, smiling at the craftwork.

"It's a jewelry box...or whatever you want to store in it..." He explains, smiling at you.

"I love it!"

"You can also think of it as my real heart...fill it up with things that makes you happy, but also take extra care of it since it can easily break..."

"I'll make sure not to break it...promise." You peck him on the cheek, making his smile even bigger.

"You know...I really lo--"

"RuRu! Everybody! Come out here quick!" Julie yells from the balcony. He sighs.

"Of course...we better go..."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Whoa! I've never seen anything so beautiful..." You whisper as you all gaze up at the meteor shower in awe.

"Hey...can you make wishes on these?" Julie ask.

"Isn't that only shooting stars?"

"It's basically the same thing, right?" You shrug.

"I guess..." You all quickly shut your eyes, as you mentally wish for what you desired most in your hearts.

I wish...