Spring Formal

That Annoying Boy Next Door

It was that time again. Every year your school had a spring formal for everyone. You never went to any of them, not because you didn't like dances. Because you never got asked.
______________

You were walking to school with Seokmin already.

"Hey isn't spring formal like tonight?" You asked out of nowhere.

"Yea it is. Are you planning to go?" Seokmin replied.

"Nah. Only if someone asks me. But I doubt that any of the cute guys would ask me." You said.

Seokmin was thinking for a minute if he should ask you. But you said CUTE GUYS. So he didn't bother.

"Oh I see." Seokmin said.

"I mean they don't have to be cute. I just want some guy to ask me so i can at least experience my first slow dance. I also want to at least have a slow dance with him." You said.

Then Seokmins face lit up.

"Oh!" Seokmin said excitingly.

"Yah. Why are you so excited? Are you trying to set me up with someone or something?" You asked.

Seokmin was silent. He didn't want you to go with anyone else but him. You guys finally entered the school. When you got there a bunch of guys had flowers or posters
or something to ask the girl out to the dance.

"I hope if a guy ever asks me to the dance he wouldn't do these kind of stuff." You said to yourself out loud.

Seokmin heard you. Now he knew the way to ask you out; normal style. You both went up to your seventeen gang who were standing in the middle of the hall.

"Hey guys." You said.

When they turned around, they had flowers and posters too, except for Mingyu.

"Wow you guys are doing that too? So cliche." You said.

"I bet half of them will get rejected." Seokmin whispered in your ear.

Then you both starter snickering. The school bell rang.

"Well I'm going to class now. Come on Seokmin." You said and wrapped your arm around his arm and walked.

"I have a feeling she likes him." Mingyu said and gave a little smile.
___________

It was after school and you and Seokmin were walking home together.

"Hey can I ask you something, Yun Ji?" Seokmin asked.

"What is it?" You replied.

"Will you go to spring formal with me?" Seokmin asked.

You frozed for second. You just couldn't believe it would be your best friend who would ask you to spring formal.

"Yes." You replied.

"Really?!?" Seokmin said surprisingly.

"Yea. We're going as best friends right?" You said.

"Oh right..." Seokmin said sadly.

"Anyways I'll meet you at the dance." You said.

"Why can't we walk together? I'll just pick you up at your house." Seokmin said.

"Fine. But don't laugh at what I'm wearing." You warned.

"Haha. You should know me. Even if you tell me not to laugh ill still laugh."
Seokmin said.

"Shut up. Just don't laugh this time or else I will kill you." You threatened.

"Fine I won't I promise." Seokmin said and crossed his heart.

"Good. You better keep that promise." You said.

You both finally arrived at your home. Seokmin wanted to drop you off before he went to his house.

"So I'll pick you up like 7-ish?" Seokmin asked.

"Yea sure." You said and closed the door.

After you closed the door you thought to yourself...

"I wonder why he asked me? Maybe because he didn't have anyone to go with. We're just going as best friends. Don't think wrong." You said out loud to yourself.

You looked at the time. It was 3 o'clock.

"I only have 4 hours to get ready." You said to yourself and went up to your room.

You got ready. You took a shower and then painted your nails. Then you  went thought your closet and took all your dresses out. You didn't even know you had a lot of dresses in your closet. It took you two hours to just try on dresses and pick which one looked right. You finally found one. After that you did your hair. You didn't know what to do so you just curled it and left it down. Finally you did your make-up and put on your dress and you decided to wear flats. You looked at the time.

"Wow I'm just in time." You said to yourself.

You went downstairs and opened the front door. Seokmin was about to ring the doorbell but you opened it already. When Seokmin saw you, his widened. You were wearing a simple red high low dress with your necklace mood necklace that Seokmin bought you.

"Um hey." Seokmin said.

"Hey." You said.

You observed Seokmin who was matching with you. He was wearing a white dress shirt with a red tie and a blazer. But he was wearing skinny pants with his whole outfit, but you liked it.

"Did you stalk me through my window or something?! How did you know I was wearing red?!?" You yelled playfully.

"Why would I stalk you through your window? Im not some creeper or something." Seokmin said.

"Whatever. You look nice." You complimented.

"Hah. Not as nice as you." Seokmin replied.

You looked down and smiled.

"Hah. Thanks." You said.

"Should we go now?" Seokmin asked and let his hand out.

You smiled and grabbed his hand and you guys took off.
__________

You and Seokmin at the dance…

You guys finally arrived there. You saw most of your seventeen gang with a date, but the ones without a date were in their regular seventeen group. When you saw them, you and Seokmin went up to them.

“Hey guys.” You said interrupting their conversation.

They all looked at you and their jaws dropped.

“You look beautiful.” Mingyu said.

“Thanks. You all look nice actually.” You said.

“Thanks.” They all said at the same time.

While you guys were talking, the principal kind of ruined your conversation.

“Hello everyone! And thank you for coming to the spring formal! Now I would like to read the queen and king.” The principal said.

The principal got an envelope from a student.

“Now your queen is….. Hyorin!” Your principal called.

Everyone was cheering and she went up there and got her crown that the student put on her head.

“Hey isn’t that the cute girl who asked you out?” You asked Seokmin.

“Yea that’s her.” Seokmin said and started drinking his punch.

“Now your king is….. Seokmin!” The principal yelled out.

Seokmin was about to choke on his punch.

“HOW THE HELL AM I KING?!?” Seokmin yelled.

“Your king! Now go up there with her!” You demanded.

Seokmin was kind of confused and went up there to get his crown. You and your seventeen gang were cheering the loudest for him.

“Now let’s have the queen and king have a slow dance together.” The principal said.

“WAIT NO!” Seokmin said.

Then everyone got quiet and looked at him.

“If I’m going to have a slow dance, it’s going to be with Yun Ji.” Seokmin yelled.

Everyone gasped and looked at you. Your cheeks were really red.

“Oh well. Ok. Go ahead Seokmin.” The principal said.

Seokmin got off the stage and went up to you.

“May I have this dance?” Seokmin asked and let out his hand.

You grabbed it and both of you started slow dancing to the music.

“Why?” You asked.

“Because, I wanted to.” Seokmin said.

“Well thanks for making my wish come true.” You said.

“Hah. I didn’t do this to make your wish come true.” Seokmin said quietly.

Both of you were still slow dancing and then your rested your head on his shoulder. You were just really in love with Seokmin right now…

….