I Love You

That Annoying Boy Next Door

“I like you back…” Seokmin said.

“Really?” You said surprisingly.

“Yes. And I also have another surprise for you.” Seokmin said.

Your ears were open big for this, but you saw it coming.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Seokmin asked.

“Ummm, I’m sorry but no.” You said.

“What? But we like each other, don’t you want to be in a relationship.” Seokmin asked.

“Sorry, it’s just that, I’m not ready for a relationship. But we can still be best friends.” You said.

“I don’t think I want to be best friends after confessing like this…” Seokmin said quietly.

“But-“

“I don’t even think I want to see your face anymore, now that you rejected me.” Seokmin said, cutting off your sentence.

“Seokmin, I just don’t want to rush into things ok? Please understand.” You said.

“Yea of course I understand.” Seokmin was lying.

“I know that you are lying right now, can’t you just accept the fact that I’m not ready.” You raised your voice.

“It just breaks my heart how you don’t want to be with me though…” Seokmin said sadly.

“I just think we’re a little too young to be in a relationship right now ok? Relationships are for serious people.” You said.

“I am serious about being with you forever! I loved you since we were in middle school! That’s why I messed with you, that’s why I was so annoying; because I couldn’t express my feelings back then. You were the only girl I ever loved. Even though those other girls liked me, they were nothing to me. All I ever wanted in my life was to be with you. You are the only girl that I will ever love. Please Yun Ji, will you be my girlfriend?” Seokmin asked again and held your hand.

“I’ll think about it…” You said and let go of his hand and walked away.

“Wait Yun Ji!” Seokmin yelled.

You turned around and Seokmin ran up to you and kissed you on the lips. After about a 10 second kiss or longer, you let go.

"Just give me some time ok?" You said and walked back home.

"I know you will say yes because I know you love me too..." Seokmin said to himself.
____________

Back at home you were lying in bed thinking about today and what happen. Then you decided to call Mingyu, so you got up and got your phone and started dialing.

"Hello?" Mingyu sounded like he just woke up.

"Mingyu! I need to talk!" You said.

"Can we talk later? I mean it's like 1 in the morning..." Mingyu whined.

"What a true friend you are..." You muttered.

"Ok. Wait just give me a few seconds to be fully awake." Mingyu said and rubbed his eyes and stretched.

"Are you done?" You said and started chuckling.

"K. Prepared to hear what you need to say! Ok start talking to me!" Mingyu said.

"This is why you are a better friend than anyone else in the world." You said.

"Even better than Seokmin?" Mingyu asked.

Seokmin, when you heard that name all you could think about is how he wants to be your boyfriend.

“Um that’s what I wanted to talk about, Seokmin.” You said.

“Alright, whats it about this time?” Mingyu asked.

“He asked me to be his girlfriend.” You said.

“Congratulations! You guys must be happy together!” Mingyu said happily.

“Um, I didn’t say yes, I said no…” You said sadly.

“What why! Isn’t that what you wanted?” Mingyu yelled through the phone.

“Well of course.. But I have a reason…” You said.

“What is it?” Mingyu asked.

“Ill text you it.” You said.

“Alright.” Mingyu said and waited for your text message.

You texted him your message and it was sent.

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?” Mingyu yelled.

“Yes, I know.” You said sadly.

“But you should just be his girlfriend! You guys both love each other, you should be together!” Mingyu said.

“Maybe, Should I say yes?” You asked.

“Of course! Say yes!” Mingyu got excited.

“I don’t know.” You said.

“Come on! Weren’t you the one who confessed first?” Mingyu asked

“I know, but I just-“

“I know you will be happy. Just say yes, don’t let anything stop you.” Mingyu said.

You sighed thinking about it.

“Ok. I made my decision, I’ll say yes.” You said.

“Yay for YunMin!” Mingyu cheered.

“No, I’m going to sleep. Goodnight.” You said.

“No! Stay on call with your oppa!” Mingyu begged.

“Fine. Goodnight!” You said and put your phone on speaker and went quickly asleep.
____________________

Next Day you walked out of your house and saw Seokmin watering his plants. Its like the first time when you first met again..

“Seokmin!” You yelled and ran up to him.

Seokmin looked up at smiled at you.

“Hey.” He said with a big smile on his face.

“Yes.” You said straight forward.

“Really?!?” Seokmin was really happy.

“Yes, I will be your girlfriend.” You said happily.

Seokmin dropped the hose and went up to hug you. He was really happy right now.

“I love you.” Seokmin said.

“I love you too.” You said and smiled.
______________

You and Seokmin were walking around the park holding hands, Then you both bumped into a school friend, Hyorin. She was the cute girl who asked out Seokmin, but he rejected her.

“Oh hey!” Hyorin said and waved.

“Hey.” You both said at the same time.

“So you guys are a thing now?” Hyorin asked.

“Pretty much.” Seokmin said.

“Well you guys seem so cute together! I’ve got to go now. Congratulations!” She said excitedly and left.

“Im surprised she isn’t jealous. I heard she really liked me…” Seokmin said.

“Oh you must feel cool.” You said and stuck your tongue out.

“Hey don’t be jealous. You will be the only girl that I love.” Seokmin said.

“Better be! Just kidding.” You said playfully.

Then Seokmin hugged you and twirled you around.
______________

After hanging out with Seokmin at the park for a little bit, you went back home and rested. Then you got a text message from Hyorin.

From Hyorin:

I thought I told you to stay away from him. I even told you to not even be his girlfriend! Seokmin is mine and he shouldn’t love a girl who isn’t pretty as me! I’m going to ruin you now. You crossed the line!

You threw your phone, and started to think what she would do to you. 
______________

That was the reason why you didn’t want to be his girlfriend. You tried to make up lies to reject him, but honestly it was because of Hyorin. She was too obsessed with him and couldn’t move on to any boy. She even yelled at you when she was supposed to dance with Seokmin at the Spring Formal, the next day. You just didn’t want Seokmin to worry about it, so you kept it to yourself, but Mingyu also knows. But Mingyu told you to not worry about her, so you didn’t worry and became his girlfriend. You loved Seokmin so much, so you tried to not worry too much about her. All you wanted was to be happy with Seokmin even if she ruined you.

….