Not Taken Seriously

That Annoying Boy Next Door

You and Seokmin were at the café with the seventeen gang after you had your ditch day with Seokmin.
 

“So how come you guys ditched school today?” Mingyu asked out of nowhere.
 

“Because we felt like it.” Seokmin said.
 

“Yea. And we got caught by my mom.” You said.
 

“Oh did you get in trouble?” Mingyu asked like he was interested.
 

“Yea. She’s going to give me my punishment later. But I doubt she will even punish me.” You said.
 

“That’s true. Your mom is too nice.” Seokmin said.
 

You and Seokmin knew your mom. You both knew that she wouldn’t punish you harshly she would just feel bad if she punished you.
 

“Anyways, I think I should go home now.” You said and got up from your seat.
 

“WAIT.” Seokmin said and stopped you.
 

You stopped and looked at him.
 

“What?” You asked.
 

“Can we spend the rest of the day together?” Seokmin asked.
 

“I guess. What are we going to do again?” You asked.
 

“We can go to the park. If you want…” Seokmin said.

“Yea sure. I can finally take a break.” You said.
 

Seokmin was just sitting there confused.
 

“Come on. Let’s go.” You gestured.
 

Seokmin snapped back to reality and followed you.

_________________

You and Seokmin were walking to the park. Then Seokmin took something out of his bag from the store he bought from the Myeong-Dong.
 

“Umm hey. I bought this for you.” Seokmin said and handed you the box.
 

You took the box from his hand and opened it. It was a heart locket that he bought you from your favorite store. You got the locket and opened it, revealing a picture of you and Seokmin, from when you both were 3 years old. You and Seokmin were hugging each other and Seokmin’s mom seemed to catch a picture of both of you guys hugging and smiling and looking at the camera. Then Seokmin’s mom printed out the picture that time, and gave it to Seokmin when he was like in 4th grade, and Seokmin seemed to keep it in his wallet 24/7. One time he lost it and he was crying because that picture really meant a lot to him, but it turned it you had it, to show it to your mom. Now the picture is on your locket.
 

“I thought that you would like it, so you can bring that memory around with you, around your neck.” Seokmin said.
 

You just kept staring at it and you were in your own little world.
 

“Hello?” Seokmin said.
 

You finally stopped looking at the picture and turned up to say something to Seokmin.
 

“I thought this picture was important to you.” You said confusingly.
 

“It is. That’s why I’m giving it to you.” Seokmin replied.
 

You looked at it again and smiled.
 

“THANK YOU! I’VE WANTED THIS PICTURE FOR THE LONGEST TIME!” You yelled in excitement and hugged him and put it around your neck.
 

Then Seokmin smiled and hugged you back, but he broke the hug.
 

“Umm we should go now.” Seokmin said and gestured.
 

“Oh ok…” You said.

_____________

You and Seokmin were at the park hanging. You guys had funny conversations and were laughing and joking around, but all of that lead to that conversation.
 

“So why did you really give me this picture? Did you know I wanted it for the longest time?” You asked.
 

“Well, I guess you are important to me, and so that’s why I gave you the photo.” Seokmin replied.
 

“How important?” You asked.
 

“Hmm. You are more important to Mingyu?” Seokmin said confusingly.
 

“Hah. Wow. Seriously though. How important?” You asked.
 

“I would choose being your best friend than being a k-pop star.” Seokmin said.
 

“You would seriously choose me over being a k-pop star?” You said happily.
 

“Of course. You mean everything to me.” Seokmin said.
 

“Awwh! That’s so cute!” You said cutely.
 

“Aish…” Seokmin said like he was irritated.
 

“Wow I’m being like you now and you are being like me now.” You said.  
 

“Well, isn’t that how it’s supposed to be right?” Seokmin asked.
 

“No! You are the annoying one and I’m the harsh one.” You said.
 

“Hah. Ok. Well I will still be annoying as usual, and you will be the cold-blooded one.” Seokmin said.
 

“YAH! I’m not cold-blooded you piece of crap.” You said and hit him.
 

“You always kept that same nickname for me since middle school.” Seokmin said.
 

“Well I’m kind of used to it.” You said.
 

“Well get used to something else.” Seokmin said.
 

“Hey, can I ask you something.” You said.
 

“What is it?” Seokmin replied.
 

“Why did you say no when that one girl asked you out…” You asked.
 

Seokmin was quiet but then-
 

“Because she wasn’t the right one for me.” Seokmin said.
 

“But she’s nice and cute. Why would you say no?” You asked.
 

“Because I don’t like her.” Seokmin said.
 

“Who do you like then?” You asked.
 

Seokmin was silent. But the answer was straight forward.
 

“You.” Seokmin said.
 

You were quiet, but you weren’t sure if you should believe him or not. You just thought this was one of his pranks again.
 

“Hey stop tricking me!” You said and playfully hit him.

 

Seokmin started smiling and laughing a little bit. He knew that you would think it was one of his pranks so he didn’t really care about it much.
 

“But if I really liked you, would you like me back.” Seokmin asked.
 

You were silent and looked down.
 

“Ehh maybe.” You said.
 

Seokmin’s face lit up.
 

“Really?!?” Seokmin said excitedly.
 

“Well, I guess. I’m done talking about this.“ You said.
 

“Yea me too.” Seokmin said.
 

You guys were silent and just enjoyed the sunset. You both knew that you were joking and playing around with each other. But one day you just wanted to be serious and tell him you like him….
 

….