2

Circus Freak

 

The next time I opened my eyes I was facing a wooden ceiling. I wasn't still  there was a rattling like i was in a moving car. Possibly a train. My body was covered in an old gray blanket. My head was laying on a small soft pillow. The smell was horrendous. Only when I looked around did I realize why. I was stuck in a cart with a bunch of animal cages. From tigers to ponies to dogs. Why was I back here though? Where was I in general. I just happened to be laying next to a tigers cage. His low threatening growl came closer as it tried to size me up. I've never seen one before but they were definitely bigger and scarier in person. 
 
Suddenly a tall man with messy black hair came into view. He was gorgeous. You could see all his muscles from under his shirt. He was feeding some of the animals in the cages about. Watching him i don't move as he whispers to the animals and pets them. Eventually I decide I would try to sit up. With all the effort I could give I tries to sit up but pain hits me and I groan lying back down. He looks over and walks to me his hands gently pushing my shoulders back. "Don't try to move. We're almost to our destination." he says softly looking me in the eye. And his eyes were beautiful. A light brown color to his. They were mesmerizing. Nodding gently I lay my head back down as he gets back up to go grab something. When he returned he helped me pick My head up and take a sip of water from a bottle he had brought. Water. I was so thirsty.  Now that I was finally awake I realized I wasn't wearing anything but my boxers. 
 
"Where-where are my clothes?" I asked quietly. He pointed over to a thin rope tied between two cages where my clothes lay hanging. 
 
"they were soaking wet and you could have gotten sick." he replied as we skidded to a halt. "we've arrived." he left for a monent while the tiger beside me suddenly lunged at me through the bars of the cage. I backed up frightened to hear another growl from a cage behind me there was a lion that lunged at me also. I didn't know where to go. My heart was racing as I crawled back toward the wall of the car. By now all the wild cats were trying to lunge at me from their cages. I never liked cats I don't know why. From the house cats to these. Every time I'm near them I feel fear. My body freezes and I can't move. I don't know if I'm trying to protect myself from the truth or not.  I don't know why