Chapter 14

Circus Freak

 

~Taemin POV~
The entire day I was not paying attention to anything. Not the policemen, not key umma, not even Minho. He could tell something was wrong but never asked. I should tell him. It is his grandma. But he might get hurt. I don't want appa to hurt him. 
 
I hadn't touched my lunch just played with it on the plate till Minho grabbed my hand and pulled me to the trailer. "What's going on Taemin?" he asked folding his arms as he shut the door behind us. 
 
"Nothing." I mumble sitting down on the bed. 
 
"Something is wrong and you know it. I'm your boyfriend. Im supposed to help you. Through thick and thin." 
 
"trust me I'm fine. Just not feeling well." I Replied. 
 
"You haven't been acting like you." he said quietly. I had to get him off my back. 
 
"Really? What gave it away? The fact that I have stitches on my body or the fact I almost died!? Maybe you might have forgotten I was ! Of course I'm not going to act like myself! How can I act like myself when I afraid to even touch another person!? How can I act like myself when an event such as that just happened! I'm not going to be the same person I was before. You're going to have to realize that sooner or later." I practically yelled walking passed him and out of the trailer. The look on his face made my heart crack. He was like a kicked puppy. What I said was basically what Leetuk said to him. He might not forgive me But I have to go to the lodge to save ummie. 
 
Minho left me alone for the rest of the day. I stayed with key umma and got him to drive me to town that night. He wanted to go shopping while I was at the lodge. Slipping passed the large wooden doors I entered to see ummie and appa sitting at the large table. "Ah Taemin. So nice of you to join us." appa said coldly his eyes sending cold glares into my soul. Limping over to where they sat I saw all the documents on the table. "As you can see. There are the losses I've received since you ran away from your duty. But If you marry the daughter of the Chen industry I foresee a 60% rise." he said pushing a stack of papers toward me. 
 
"Why would I do this?" I asked pushing them away. 
 
"I'm not giving you an option." he spoke sternly pushing them back. 
 
"No. I love Minho. I'm not going back." Just like that I ended up on the floor with pain in my jaw. 
 
"Don't you dare. Don't you dare say that to me! I will not have a gay son!" he shouted grabbing my collar and pulling me up again. Fist back he continued to pound my face. "No. No. No. You are returning and marrying her or I swear to god that I will shut down that place and turn all the animals into coats. The only work everyone else will ever be able to get is working menial labor. And your little boyfriend Minho? I'll make sure he gets thrown so far out to sea the sharks will eat him before he has time to even breath."
 
"No. Don't hurt him." I cry out my mouth filled with blood. "I'll do whatever you want. Just. Don't hurt him."
 
"Good. Ms Choi you may go. Don't bother coming to work tomorrow." he said pushing me down as wiping his sleeves for dust. Spitting out blood I watch ummie run out of the room her sobbing echoed around the room. "Now then Taemin. We need to get going."