Chapter 15

Circus Freak

 

The minute we returned to the house i was restricted to only my room. I couldn't leave to go anywhere without a guard present. Appa has signed me up for "therapy". It's a new but barbaric therapy. Electro therapy. If I do something they don't like they shock me. Its supposed to repel the gay. My first session was today. They started me off quickly strapping my arms ad legs down on a chair facing a large tv. They would then show me pictures and I was to reply honesty if I was aroused or not. Who would rely honestly to them when they know the consequences? I found out now why we answered truthfully. They had another machine that fit like a helmet on the head that would beep if you lied. There they would shock you again. The pictures on the tv were mostly detailed photos of two men or women together kissing or having something along those lines. I do have to admit some did tickle my fancy but even when I answered honestly I would get a zap they saying that wasn't the correct answer. This continued for an hour till I could barely move.
 
About  2 weeks later the sessions changed. They brought in another male and had him touch me. Casually at first but soon because too touchy. They waited for my reaction as he touched my thigh. I must have had the wrong reaction because a jolt of electricity shot through my head to the rest of my body. 
 
This continued on for a full month till I feared every little touch from the same gender. No matter how attractive they were. They brought up videos of men and women having it off in hopes I would get the correct reaction. Sometimes they would even experiment with the different voltages. On those days I would normally end up passed out in the chair. 
 
Appa finally decided I was ready. I would flinch anytime i saw two men or women together. The therapy was mostly traumatizing. I was afraid to do anything in fear of being shocked. I was now cured of my "illness" he planned the date of the wedding which quickly showed it's ugly face. "no matter what happens I will never love you. I love Minho. I'm only doing this to protect him." I tell my "fiancée". She simply smiled and nodded. 
 
"I know. As am I. But if it's to save the ones we love then it must be done." Ra Im replied back softly fixing her short black hair. "might as well let then live a happy life than us burden them."nodding slowly we head out into the church