Chapter 16

Circus Freak

*hey guys terribly sorry for the wait. I spent all my free time these last few weeks finishing my essay on conversion therapy. Now that It's done. Back to the writing!*

 

 

"If anyone here knows any reason why these two should not get married speak now or forever hold your peace." the preacher said and I looked out into the crowd. No one was going to stand up for my right to love. Sighing in defeat I looked over as he was about to continue as the chapel doors open to reveal two male figures. One who was very familiar to me. 
 
"Stop! These two cannot get married because. Because I love her. I want to be with her for the rest of my life." the other figured shouted. 
 
"And I love him." Minho said. Gasping was heard as several guards rushed to shield us from their view. 
 
"Guards get them out of here. We're finishing this now." my father growled as several grabbed my arm along with Ra Im and pulled us back behind the alter following the priest as the other guards ran at Minho and the other man. The guests by now had scattered from the hostility in the air. 
 
"Minho!" I whispered a little in joy as in fear. 
 
"Joo Won!" Ra Im shouted at the same time. But I received a punch in the face from my appa. 
 
"Shut it you . I will not loose this deal because of your stupid boyfriend." he shouted as we were pushed into a small dimly lit room. "finish this now pastor."
 
"Do you lee Taemin. Take Gil Ra Im as your lawful wedded wife. 
 
"no. I don't. I-I love Minho. I will not marry her." I said cautiously taking a step back. My appa gave an irritated sigh as he shoved me forward. 
 
"Listen here you little . You will marry her or he he will die and you'll go for therapy 5 times a week." growled grabbing my collar and pulled me around. "Now say it. Say I do. SAY IT RIGHT NOW!" I tried to break away from his grasp. "Now." my heart was racing. I needed to get out of here. There was no way possible.
 
"Taemin! Don't do it! I'm coming for you Taemin!" his voice shouted as the door was almost forced open. 
 
"Minho!" I yelped as he took out his knife 
 
"That isn't what you are supposed to say." bringing the knife to my neck he pressed the blade up to my skin. 
 
"I-I-" I stutter looking over in horror at Ra Im. She was shaking in horror as her hands searched around for something to grab ahold of." I-I-"
 
"god dammit. Just say it." he roared as the cold of the knife could be felt on neck. Minhos banging was still heard from behind the door. 
 
"I-I-I" suddenly the door burst open and both men ran into the room. My father growled before moving around and turned toward them and made them stop. 
 
"one more step and I'll slit his throat. All I need is one more word then hell be gone." I was shaking as the fear in minhos eyes grew. Im scared. No. I'm gonna die. Please help me god. Just like that his hand tightened up sliding the knife a few inches across my skin before we both fell to the group. Appa was knocked out cold by Ra Im who ran into the arms of the other man. Minho ran to my side as I tried to stop the bleeding from my neck. It wasn't a deep cut but It was enough for me to lose a lot quickly.  
 
"oh gosh. It's ok. We can Stop it. I promise. An ambulance is on its way." he voice trembled as he tried to apply pressure to the spot. The memory of the therapy pain shot through my mind as he touched me. Wincing I push him back gently not wanting to hurt him to much. "Taemin it's okay. Everything will be okay." he said bringing his hand toward me. Trembling I curled up as Ra Im pulled Minho away leaning down toward me. 
 
"He's scared Minho. He had to go through some harsh therapy while you two were separated." she explained holding part of her dress onto my neck. "He's not the same."