Chapter 12

Circus Freak
"Ummie?" I mumble. She smiled as I sat up on the bed leaving Minho to sleep. 
 
"You're lucky I got the call not your father. Come lets let Minho sleep a while. He must have been up all night. Let's take a walk." she says holing out her hand. I take it and she helps me up. We walked out and casually strolled around the halls. "Your father is in a rage. When he found out he broke several things in the house and called everyone he knew. When nothing turned up he just left and worked. Hasn't left work since."
 
"if I return would he still make me marry her?" I asked and she nodded sadly. 
 
"his work had been losing lots of money. He needs the marriage to save it. But you should be happy too." she said sitting down on the bench. I followed. 
 
"So I can stay with them?" she nodded with a smile. 
 
"Yes. Minho is a good boy and can take care of you. He needs someone now." 
 
"Wait how do you know minho?" I asked surprised. She smiled a smile of remembrance. 
 
"He's my grandson."
 
"So then you know..." I said softly as she nodded. 
 
"His father was never a nice man. His mother died of cancer at the age of 5. I would take care of him every now and then but you became a full time job and I had to get Minho somewhere safe. Thankfully his friend jonghyun took him under his wing." she said and I felt ashamed. I hurt minhos childhood. "Don't worry honey it's not your fault. You needed me too. He was always strong and independent." 
 
"Do you know who MinYoung was?" I asked as we Got up and continued to walk. 
 
"when he was a senior in high school he fell in love with a beautiful girl. They were the perfect couple. But with all perfect couples there is always a jealous friend-" she spoke before I interjected. 
 
"Was it Leeteuk?" she nodded again and continued. 
 
"He wanted MinYoung to himself. So he went and kidnapped her when she tried to escape he shot her. If he couldn't have her no one could." she softly said as we ended up near my room again. "It was Leeteuk that hurt you wasn't it?" she asked and I nodded. "Now I think he just wants to hurt Minho. Make him suffer again." we rounded the corner again.  
 
"Ummie. When he was here he hurt me. You know." I gestures down. "What if Minho wants to do something like that? Will I be ok? What if I freak out?". 
 
"Only time will tell. You have to be careful though. Any kind of bleeding could be fatal." she said quietly while she tried to stifle a laughter. "I never thought I'd have to talk to you about this." I blushed and turned away as we got back to the room. We were about to enter when the door swung open revealing a frantic looking minho. 
 
"Taemin I thought you had left." he said with relief in his voice as we all walked into the room. 
 
"Its ok. I was walking with ummie." I say with a smile as she hugged her grandson. 
 
"I'm sorry I wasn't here for you that much minho but I was raising your boyfriend." she said but he only hugged her back then took my hand. 
 
"How are you feeling tae?"
 
"I'm feeling better. When can we go back?" I asked as I leaned into his arm to keep me up. 
 
"I'll ask the nurse. If possible we can leave today and we can all go out to eat. It'll be good to catch up with grandma." he said with a smile. She smiled back looking relieved.