Chapter 5: Good Friend

Game On

Game On

Good Friend

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

The bell rings, indicating the end of another boring lecture. Hyukjae sigh. A hundred thirty seven days of loneliness in his high school days. He pack his books and stood up from his chair, walks out of the class and to the school cafeteria. Slowly, he took out his lunch which his Miyoung noona prepared earlier that morning and takes a bite of her infamous strawberry shortcake. Smiling gleefully as the flavour dances around in his mouth. He took another bite, and another, until the slices were gone. Next he finished the kimbap which he supposed to eat first before the cake. When all of the food had been conceived, a low burb escaped his mouth. He mumbled a little 'excuse me' with a small blush, though nobody was even watching him.

 

Another sigh, then he walk away from the cafeteria for his other classes.

 

Just after he closed the door to his locker, his phone vibrates. Taking out the blue gadget, he frowns. An unknown number. Thinking that it might be something important, he answered it.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hyukjae?" The other man said. Clearly it's a male voice.

 

"Yes? Whom am I speaking with?"

 

The other chuckled. "You don't remember my voice Hyukjae? It's Donghae." Hyukjae’s widen his eyes. It's been a week since he met Donghae in the supermarket. He had been anticipating the other's call but after 2 days of waiting, he decided maybe Donghae lost his number or he simply forgotten about him.

 

"Donghae?"

 

"Yes," The laugh emitting from Donghae bought sudden warmth to Hyukjae. "Am I disturbing you now?"

 

"No," Unconsciously he shook his head. "-I'm still on my recess actually." He smiled, walking towards his class. Since he doesn't have anything to do, he spent his time inside his classes to read or just sleep till the recess is over.

 

"Oh, so you're in school?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Uhm.. I'm sorry I just called now. I've been busy at work."

 

He didn't expect for Donghae to apologies, let alone explains why, but he stills feel happy.

 

"It's okay, I wasn't expecting anything anyway." He said, completely lying.

 

"Ouhh, you weren't?" Hyukjae can clearly hear the disappointment in the older male's voice. He bit his lower lips.

 

"I-I mean, I know you're busy and I didn't really expect for you to call me." He tried to explain and smiles when he heard Donghae chuckled.

 

"I did say I wanna be your friend, of course I'll call you." Hyukjae nodded, though he knows Donghae won't see him. They spend the next minute talking on the phone until people starts entering the class. They said their goodbyes with Donghae promising to call him later that night.

 

The next hours of class weren't as bad as always, Hyukjae was smiling all through class. Of course some of his classmates realise that the male was smiling without a reason but they didn't ponder on it. When the last class ends, he quickly makes his way home.

Anticipating that night for another phone call.

"Someone seems happy." Was what he heard when he stepped into their house. Yuri clearly said, mocking their little brother.

 

"Can't I be happy?" He asked, rolling his eyes.

 

"If only the reason's acceptable." Yuri said.

 

"What does that have to mean?" Hyukjae asked frowning, throwing his school bag on the single couch.

 

"She means, if you're happy because of something we approved of then that's okay for you to smile." Hyoyeon, who had been helping Yuri with their CD stocks, said.

 

"And what is it that you don't approve?" Hyukjae question, his sister's always a little bit too nonsense.

 

"That depends, like if you're watching ."

 

"Noona! I'll never do that!" Hyukjae protested strongly.

 

"Trust us, you will someday. Nobody doesn't watch ." Yuri said as-a-matter-of-fact.

 

"Are you saying you've watched it?" Hyukjae smirked. He was expecting for his sisters to maybe blush because he asked them that so he can laugh on their faces. But his sisters once again surprise him with their answer.

 

"Of course we did. There was this one time where we all watch it together, do you remember that time Hyo?"

 

Hyoyeon nodded.

 

"Hell yeah I did, it was actually the best I've ever watched up till now. I wonder where Sooyoung found it."

 

"Noona! Seriously! Aish!" He hissed, taking his school bag and running towards his room.

 

"What?" Yuri and Hyoyeon chuckled. Their brother's really adorable.

 

Once he entered his room, the first thing he did was check his phone.

 

"Gosh! What am I doing?" Thinking that he acts like a high school girl waiting for her crush to call.

 

Well, he is a high school student but Donghae is not is crush.

 

Shaking his head lightly, he puts his bag on the study table and change into his house shirt. The next hours he fills with doing his school work, occasionally checking on his phone. It was 8 p.m when he heard Yoona called him for dinner.

 

He went down in an instance since he's been hungry; sitting for hours doing school work can be exhausting!

 

Dinner was like the usual, the nine girls picking on Hyukjae nonstop. But Hyukjae knows they all love him just as much as he loves them.

 

As soon as they finished their dinner, the ten siblings start doing their own things. Hyukjae went to his room to continue his unfinished school work, but as soon as he opens the door to his room, the sound of his cell phone chimes in. He literally runs towards his phone which he throws on his bed before and checks on the caller.

 

Just when he's about to press the answer button, the call went off. He frowns, but then changed when he saw there are already 7 missed calls from the same person. Donghae.

 

He bit his lower lips, should I call him?

 

He was completing whether or not he should call the other when his phone rings again.

 

Unconsciously, he presses the answer button then take a deep breath.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hyukjae? Are you alright? I've been calling you so many times!" The worried tone confused Hyukjae.

 

"I'm alright Donghae. I was having my dinner actually, I'm sorry I didn't answer before." He explained.

 

Then he heard a long sigh from the other line. "I thought something happened to you." Donghae muttered. Hyukjae just chuckled awkwardly.

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

Edited 1/11/15