Chapter 12: Andante

Game On

Game On

Andante

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

“Hyukjae, you’re not going out?”

 

Hyukjae who had been looking at his lap shook his head. The car had been parked in front of the house for about five minutes now and when Donghae was about to get off, Hyukjae doesn’t seem to want to leave the car.

 

“Why?” He kind of have the idea but he just want to make sure of it.

 

“Noona’s gonna kill me.” The younger muttered. Shivering a little when he imagines just what kind of torture they’re going to do to him.

 

Donghae chuckled. “They’re not gonna kill you Hyukjae. They love you. It’s more like they’re gonna kill me.” He said the last word quietly, but Hyukjae heard it just fine.

 

“No, I won’t let them do anything to you.” He said determinedly while looking at Donghae. Donghae smiles and ruffles the others’ hair.

 

“I know you would, now let’s go. I promise nothing’s gonna happen okay?”

 

“But what if they told me not to befriend with you anymore? What if they kick you? What if… What if they kill you for real?!” He started rumbling.

 

“Hyukjae… Hyukjae calm down.” He cupped Hyukjae’s face. “Nothing’s gonna happen okay? Don’t you trust me?” He said softly, wiping the unshed tears from Hyukjae’s eyes.

 

Hyukjae looked into the eyes of the other and what he saw surprise him. There’s something on Donghae’s eyes. Something he can’t describe. Unknowingly he nodded his head, earning a smile, a big smile from Donghae.

 

“Alright, now let’s get out okay? Your sisters are going to get worried the longer we stay here.” And he opened the door to his side of the car, followed by Hyukjae.

 

Once they were in front of the door, Hyukjae once again hesitated but when he felt a hand of his shoulder he mustered up his courage and knocked on the door. On the third knock the door was open harshly by an angry looking Yoona.

 

“Lee Hyukjae! Where the hell have you been?!” She shouted, gaining attention from the other girls inside the house.

 

“I-I went to eat with Donghae, noona.” He replied softly, looking down.

 

“And you don’t even bother telling us?! You just left like that! We even cooked MANY food for you AND YOUR FRIEND HERE! Why the hell did you even leave without your phone?!” Yoona felt it; she had been feeling this for a while now. Hyukjae’s scared. She knows, but she can’t help but be worried. Hyukjae’s their little baby brother. They’ll die if anything happens to him.

 

“Yoona-ah, I think that’s enough.” Sunkyu said coming from behind. She felt it too. Hyukjae’s visibly shaking.

 

“I’m sorry noona.” Hyukjae muttered while Donghae was silently encouraging him by rubbing small circle on his back with his palm.

 

“You!” Yoona continued, pointing at Donghae. “Just because Hyuk brings you out doesn’t mean you can take all the time in the world and WITHOUT.OUR.CONSENT!”

 

Noona…

 

“I’m sorry ma’am.” Donghae said.

 

“It’s Yoona.”

 

“I’m sorry Yoona-ssi, I’m sorry I forgot to lend Hyukjae my phone to inform you guys. But I really made sure that nothing happens to Hyukjae. I really did.” He said confidently. Yoona looked at him scrutinizing.

 

“Noona, I’m sorry.” Hyukjae sobbed. Yoona quickly pulled him to her embrace.

 

“It’s okay baby, noona’s sorry okay. Don’t cry.” She whispered, and then the other girls come and cooed him, trying to make him smile, only to have him crying louder.

 

“Hyuk baby, why are you crying more?” Sooyeon asked worriedly, wiping his tears.

 

“I’m really sorry noona!” Hyukjae wailed.

 

Donghae who was watching just smiles as he look at how much love was there between the siblings. He could tell that the nine girls really love Hyukjae and he really mean it when he said that he understands why they were so possessive of Hyukjae. Hyukjae is just precious.

 

Hyukjae who was hiccupping, trying to stop his tears kept on muttering his sorry to his sisters.

 

“Look at what you did Yoona, he won’t stop crying now.” Taeyeon glared at the girl as she hugs Hyukjae.

 

Yoona pouted and kissed Hyukjae’s cheek a couple time. “Noona’s really really sorry baby Hyukkie. Noona didn’t mean to scare you.” She said.

 

 Sensing the awkwardly standing Donghae at the door frame, Yuri approach him with a glare.

 

“You can go now.” She said.

 

Donghae hesitated to leave eventually let out a sigh as he sees the girls pulling Hyukjae further into the house. Looks like he won’t be able to say goodbye to Hyukjae tonight.

 

‘It’s alright, you can always text him.’

 

With that in mind, he smiles at the still glaring girl in front of him.

 

“Alright, again I’m really sorry I caused you all to be worried. I’ll take my leave now, goodnight.” Yuri just nodded then closes the door.

“How’s Hyuk?” Hyoyeon asked Miyoung who just went out of the youngest room.

 

“He’s asleep. Still crying, kept saying sorry.” She signed, taking a seat beside Joohyun.

 

“You really shouldn’t go that far Yoona yah.” Sooyeon said shaking her head a little. She really didn’t like it when Hyukjae cried. Not ply her, all of them.

 

Yoona who had been looking on her laps sigh. “I know unnie; I just don’t want anything to happen to Hyukkie but that guy--! T-that guy!”

 

“I know.. I know.. I understand. Hyukkie never done this before and after that guy just appears he suddenly become like this.” Sunkyu said patting on Yoona’s shoulder.

 

“Yeah, he’s a really bad influence. We cannot let them stay in contact.” Sooyoung agreed.

 

“But guys, we were kind of rude to him though.” Hyoyeon added, receiving glares from the eight girls.

 

“We didn’t. And look what he did to Hyukkie. He’s clearly a bad influence. He’s a mechanic for god’s sake!” Sooyeon hissed.

 

“We can’t really judge a guy by his occupation..” Hyoyeon muttered. Thankfully the others didn’t catch what she just said.

 

“Alright guys, let’s call it a night. We’ll have a talk with Hyukkie tomorrow. Go to bed everyone. Goodnight.” Taeyeon said standing up and proceeding to her room which she shared with Sooyeon. The other girls following her steps and went to their own rooms.

“Are you really okay now?”

 

“Yes, I’m sorry I left you.”

 

The other chuckled and he can’t help but imagine that heart-warming smile in front of him. “It’s fine Hyukjae. I’m sorry I made you cry.”

 

“Y-You didn’t. I’m just a crybaby.” He whispered the last word, blushing unknowingly. He seriously just embarrassed himself in front of Donghae just now!

 

Oh, by the way, he wasn’t sleeping when Miyoung noona left the room earlier. He just wanted her to leave so that he can call Donghae since he didn’t get to say goodbye to him. Plus, he’s seriously sorry that his sisters just get mad at him.

 

“What was that Hyukjae?” He heard the other line asked, and bitted his lower lips. He can’t, won’t say that word twice. It’s seriously embarrassing!

 

“…Nothing.” He muttered, earning a chuckled from Donghae.

 

“I heard you Hyukjae, I’m sorry I was just joking.” Then he laughs again. Hyukjae pouted, but still glad that Donghae didn’t force him to say THAT word again.

 

“…”

 

“Hyukjae, are you okay now?” Though he can’t see him, he can actually sense the worry in Donghae’s voice.

 

“I’m okay Donghae.” He answered.

 

“I’m glad. Then you should go to sleep now okay? You still have school tomorrow. Goodnight Hyukjae.”

 

“Okay, goodnight Donghae.” And he hung up with a smile on his face. He looked at his phone some second before putting it on the side table. Getting comfortable in his bed and drifting to sleep. Hoping for a better tomorrow.

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

A/N : I'm really trying my best.. Next chapter's going to be on Hyukjae's trip to Jeju.

Hopefully I update it a.s.a.p

Edited 1/11/15