Chapter 11: Smile

Game On

Game On

Smile

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

They had been walking for a while now and both male had been keeping it quiet. Donghae decided to park his car a couple blocks away so that they can walk a little, he also would like to think that it’s a comfortable silence but the smaller male beg to differ.

 

“Why are you so quiet? Do you want to go home?”

 

Donghae laughs a little hearing the question, he halt on his steps and turn around to look at Hyukjae.

 

“No, I actually thought we were having a moment, you know, those cliché silent moment where the characters were thinking to themselves of how lucky there were to be there with the other.”

 

Hyukjae pout. “No, I don’t know that.” Donghae chuckled and ruffled his hair a bit. “Hey, stop that, my hair’s already a mess, you don’t need to mess it up more. Humph!” The younger stomp his feet on the ground, earning some weird stare from the passer by.

 

“I’m sorry, it’s just you’re adorable.” Insert Hyukjae’s blushing cheeks. “Now come on, my aunts’ café is just around the corner.” He said tightening his hold on the smaller male. Yes, all this time they were holding hands, if you’re wondering.

 

“Your aunt?”

 

“Yea, she has a son, around your age too.” Donghae said, turning to the corner and came in a view of a pink door. “We’re here.”

 

“Wow, it’s so pink.” Hyukjae exclaimed, looking up to the door and the building. Donghae smiles.

 

“I know right, she had this obsession over this colour. Let’s go.” Pulling Hyukjae’s hand, they entered the café and were welcome with sweet smell of freshly baked pastries. Hyukjae closes his eyes and sniff the air, his tummy grumbling. He blushed and looks down to his stomach. Donghae who heard the grumbling stomach laughs a little. “Well someone’s hungry.”

 

‘Damn it tummy! Why’d you betray me and made me embarrassed in front of him?!’ Hyukjae mentally scold himself.

 

Hyukjae bit his lower lips, and the both of them look for an empty table. Donghae wanting to feed the smaller and Hyukjae just want to fill his empty stomach. “There’s one over there.” He pointed to a table near the corner. The café’s not that crowded but most seats were occupied by single persons.

 

“Right.”

 

Once they were settle on their seats, a boy came and offered them their menus.

 

“Hello, welcome to Mama’s Café, here are your menus a—Donghae hyung!”

 

Hyukjae instantly look up to the boy and widen his eyes. “Sungmin?”

 

Waiter boy, or Sungmin, looks to the other side and gasp. “Hyukjae-ah, what are you doing here?”

 

“I-I want to eat..?” he said, more on asking. He’s not really sure why he’s nervous all of a sudden.

 

‘Well, for starters Sungmin seems like he freakin knows Donghae so yeah, you should be nervous. Who knows if he’s Donghae’s brother? Or worst! His boyf—‘

 

“He’s with me Minnie, where’s aunty?” Donghae said, cutting Hyukjae off his wonderland train.

 

“Oh, she’s at the kitchen. So how do you know each other actually?” Sungmin asked smiling, raising an eyebrow at Donghae.

 

“He’s one of my costumers at the workshop, now shoo and get us carbonara spaghetti for two, please.” The older said, with a big smile. Sungmin rolled his eyes and took both the menus before disappearing into the kitchen.

 

“Uhm, so how do you know him?” Hyukjae asked quietly, looking expectantly at the other male.

 

“Didn’t I say this’s my aunts’ café? Well, that's her son that I mentioned before, which makes us cousins. And it seems like you both know each other too.”

 

Hyukjae nodded, playing with the fork on the table. “We both went to the same school.”

 

“Ah, I see. Well I hope you like carbonara because aunts’ carbonara is the best!”

 

Hyukjae smiles. “I love carbonara.”

“I’m sorry again for my sisters.”

 

Donghae looks at Hyukjae who’s sitting next to him on the bench. After they had their dinner, Hyukjae said that he wanted to see the dancing fountain at the park so here they are.

 

“It’s ok Hyukjae, I understand. Really, I mean if I had a cute little brother I would be like them too.”

 

Hyukjae blushes. “I-I’m not cute.” He whispers.

 

“You are.” Donghae chuckled and pinch the others puffy cheeks lightly. “So nine sisters huh, that’s something.” The water fountain show had started and the both of them look at the fountain with water flying here and there.

 

“Yeah, they’re mostly twins and triplets.”

 

“Wow, it’s so amazing. I’m sorry for asking but, where are your parents Hyukjae?”

 

Hearing no reply for a couple of minutes, Donghae looks at Hyukjae. And finds that Hyukjae’s looking at the water fountain.

 

“They died when I was still a baby.” He said softly. He wasn’t uncomfortable when talking about his parents, he was merely an infant when they lost him, and thus he has very little memories of them. But his sisters did tell him stories about them, and he’d be lying if he were to say he wasn’t jealous of them. He wanted a memory with his parents too. He wanted to know how it feels to have the love of parents.

 

Sure, his nine sisters showered him with love. He never felt less with them. They loved him so much, and he loves them just as much. Parents love is just… different.

 

“I’m sorry Hyukjae.” Donghae said regrettably. Hyukjae chuckled.

 

“It’s okay, Donghae.” He smiles his adorable gummy smiles which earned him a small smile from Donghae also.

 

“So, do you want to go home now? I’m sure your sisters are worrying right now.”

 

Hyukjae widen his eyes. “Omo! What time is it?” He asked frantically. He’s so dead! He never went out at night, alone! Well, he’s not alone, he’s with Donghae but! He never went out with other people than his sisters.

 

Donghae took out him phone and checks the time. “It’s half past nine.”

 

Hyukjae yelps. “Oh my God! I need to go home now!” Standing up from the bench, he walks to the nearest bus station.

 

“Hyukjae-ah, where’re you going? My car's this way.” Donghae exclaimed making Hyukjae stops on his track. He actually forgot that Donghae has a car.

 

‘I don’t know mechanics earned so much that they can buy a car. He must’ve been working for a looooong time.’

 

He had been wondering about it though, when Donghae said that he brought his car with him, he actually thought that it’s a truck or a crappy looking but, he actually had an Audi. Not wanting to be a lousy kid, he just keeps him mouth shut and thought that maybe it’s his dads’. ‘Yeah, it’s probably his dads’.’

 

Donghae grabbed his hand and chuckled. “Don’t worry, if they get mad at you, I’ll help explain okay?” And there it is again, that heart-warming smile that can kill. ‘Hang in there heart.’

 

Still mesmerize by that smile, Hyukjae can only nod his head and be drag lead by Donghae towards his car.

“That bastard is so dead if he ever shows his face in front of me!” Sooyoung grumble, cracking her knuckles.

 

“Where the hell are they anyway?! It’s 15 minutes to ten now!” Joohyun hissed, sipping on her hot chocolate.

 

All nine girls sitting on the living room, waiting for their little brother. Hyukjae, being a cute, adorable, lovely little idiot he is left his everything and now they can’t contact him. And that bastard, whose name they don’t even remember anymore is to blame!

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

A/N : I'm trying my best to get rid of this writers block. Not expecting my old readers because I know some of you guys either change your otp or leave the fandom or simply not on AFF anymore. I understand :)

I'm not sure how many chapters this fic's gonna have, I kind of want to make it short but with the rate I'm going, probably 20-30 chapters.

...Maybe

Edited 1/11/15