Chapter 13: Lovely Day

Game On

Game On

Lovely Day

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

“Alright, students from class 3-A please ride this bus here, class 3-B the bus here and class 3-C get on the bus over there.” The teacher said loudly so all the students heard him.

 

Two males who were at the back with their bags pouted together.

 

“We can’t take the bus together Hyukkie.” Sungmin said stomping his feet.

 

“I know.. I don’t have any friend in my class Minnie.” The other whine, his eyes beginning to get teary. Sungmin smiles and patted Hyukjae’s cheeks lightly.

 

“Don’t cry Hyukkie, I’m sure we’ll be together in the airplane.” He said trying to cheer the other up. Hyukjae sniffle a couple of time, nodding his head. They must be together in the airplane. They’re both Lee’s.

 

“Okay Minnie, see you later.” Hyukjae said taking his bag pack and waving at his friend with a big smile on his face.

 

Sungmin laughed and waved back at Hyukjae. “He’s so bipolar.” He muttered, taking his bag pack and getting into his designated bus.

The bus ride to the airport took about 45 minutes from their school. Hyukjae who was seating at the front besides his teacher can’t help but let out a sigh as he recalls the event this morning with his sisters in the house.

 

“Noona let me goooooooo….” The smaller male whine while dragging a sobbing Taeyeon who was clinging on his leg.

 

“No Baby Hyuk! You can’t go! Noona’s gonna miss you!” She yells, tightening her hold on Hyukjae’s leg.

 

“Aish! It’s only for a few days noona. It’s not like you’re gonna die if I’m not here.” He said.

 

“I will! I can’t live without you Hyuk!” Taeyeon answered, earning a roll of the eyes from Hyukjae.

 

“Eeww noona that sounds so wrong. I need to go or I’ll miss my bus ride noona.”

 

“That’s good, so you can’t go.”

 

It took around 30 minutes for Taeyeon to finally let him go, with the help of Joohyun and Miyoung. Hyukjae had a feeling that this will happen that’s why he planned on leaving the house earlier. Seriously it’s like noona has this crush on me. That thought made him shivers.

 

“Are you okay Hyukjae? Are you cold?” The teacher who was sitting beside him asked, noticing that his student was shivering.

 

Hyukjae blushed, and shook his head. “N- No sir, I’m okay.”

Sitting on the airplane makes a certain male excited beyond everything. Holding his friends’ arm who’s sitting beside him tightly.

 

“Hyukkie, it hurts.” Sungmin whimpered, Hyukjae had been holding his arm since the moment the plane took off, which was 15 minutes ago. His arms’ starting to turn blue!

 

“Oh sorry Minnie! I’m just so excited! I’m finally going to Jeju island. I’ve always wanted to go to Jeju. Hehehe...” Hyukjae giggled, finally releasing the others’ arm. The both of them seated at the middle row, with Hyukjae sitting beside the window and Sungmin on the aisle seat.

 

For the rest of the ride Hyukjae kept on looking at the sea view smiling nonstop.

 

I’m so excited! Oh gosh! I really wish noona’s here, they’ll have fun too, I guess. But it’s okay, I have Minnie here. Hehehe! But I won’t be able be able to meet Donghae for three days. Humph! Donghae... oh right!

 

“Sungminnie…. So you’re Donghae’s cousin?” He asked, looking at the other male who was reading a magazine.

 

“Yup.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you know him?”

 

Sungmin put down the magazine and looked at the pouting Hyukjae.

 

“Hyuk, I don’t even know you guys know each other until I meet you guys that day.” He answered with a raised brow.

 

“Right.” Hyukjae said while nodding his head. “So, what’s Donghae like?” By now he’s turning his whole body to face Sungmin.

 

Sungmin chuckled and pinch Hyukjae’s cheeks. “Donghae hyung is nice. He had always taken care of me when I was little. When I moved to Ilsan to live with my grandma Donghae hyung kept calling every weekend to ask how I was.”

 

“Wow, you guys must be so close.” Hyukjae said looking at Sungmin with admire.

 

“Yeah, Donghae hyung’s an only child and so am I, so we kind of take each other as our own siblings.”

 

“Aaa, I see.”

 

“So tell me how you know Donghae hyung.” Sungmin asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Hyukjae blushed then played with the hem of his shirt. “Well, I met him when he helped my sister with her car.” He muttered.

 

Sungmin looked at him questionably. “He helped you? Helped you as in as a mechanic?”

 

“Why’d you asked? Weren’t you supposed to know that he’s a mechanic?”

 

“No, actu—“

 

“Passengers please fasten your seat belts and straighten your chair. We will be landing in a minute. Thank you and have a nice day.”

The bus ride from the airport to their hotel was about 2 hours and thankfully Hyukjae and Sungmin got to ride the same bus and seat beside each other.

 

Once they got into the hotel, they were lucky caused once again, they both get to be together since they’ll be sharing the room together. They were given two hours to rest in their room then gone down to the hotel’s restaurant for their lunch before they started they school tour in Jeju.

 

They went back to the hotel around 9:00 pm and Hyukjae was exhausted. Because of the busy schedule, Hyukjae hadn’t had the chance to call his sisters... and Donghae.

 

“Haaaaa… I thought we’re going to be having so much fun.” Hyukjae whine, flopping himself on his bed. Sungmin let out a chuckled and put down his stuff on the table before taking a seat on the table.

 

“This is a field trip Hyuk, not a vacation.” He answered.

 

“I know, but still, they could at least give us some break.” Hyukjae pouted, sitting on the bed whilst checking on his phone which he didn’t had the chance to do the whole day.

 

93 missed calls

167 messages

 

He could only roll his eyes. His sisters really are something. Pushing on the call button, he quickly calls Taeyeon’s number. After a few ring, he heard a raspy ‘Hello.’

 

“Noona.”

 

“Hyukkie? Where have you been? Why you didn’t call me earlier?”

 

“Sorry noona, I was busy, we just got back to our hotel just now. Sorry I didn’t have the time to call you earlier noona.”

 

He heard his sister let out a sigh of relieve. “It’s okay Hyuk, what’s important is that you’re fine there. It’s already past nine Hyukkie, go take a bath and rest okay baby? Goodnight, noona misses you.” Hyukjae smiles as he heard the smooching sound from the other line.

 

“Alright noona, I miss you too. Goodnight.” The he hung up the phone. Just when he was about to put down the phone on the table side, it rung up again and he wondered who called him.

 

Looking onto his phone screen, a familiar name that brought up a blush on his cheeks. ‘Donghae.’

 

He push the answer button and stuttered a shy “Hello.”

 

“Hello Hyukjae.”

 

“Hi Donghae.”

 

“I heard you just got back to your hotel.” He was about to asked how, when he suddenly looked at Sungmin. Right.

 

“Yeah I did.”

 

“So, how was your day?”

 

“It was okay, busy actually.” He answered pouting, still hurt that they didn’t have the chance to at least a bit of free time.

 

Donghae on the other line chuckled. “Awww, I bet you’re tired now huh? Alright, you go freshen up and go to bed okay? I’ll message you tomorrow?” Hyukjae wondered why he need to asked.

 

“Okay, I’ll wait for it.” He muttered the last words shyly. Then hung up.

 

‘Great Hyukjae now he thinks you’re desperate.’

 

“I’m going to take a bath first, is that okay with you?” He asked, taking his toiletries from his bag.

 

Sungmin nodded at him with a smile.

 

After 20 minutes, yes he took that long to take a bath, he went out from the toilet looking fresh with his strawberry pattern pyjama, ready to sleep.

 

“That’s cute.” Sungmin said cheekily, looking at the pyjama, making Hyukjae blushed.

 

“Shut up, go to bath.”

 

“Hahaha!  You’re so cute Hyuk.”

 

By the time Sungmin went out from the toilet, Hyukjae was already asleep. He quietly took his phone from the table top and snaps a few picture of a sleeping Hyukjae who was hugging his monkey plushie then sending it to a certain someone.

 

After a few minutes his phone vibrated, indicating a new message.

 

‘Minnie! You shouldn’t take pictures of someone sleeping! That’s creepy.’

 

He rolls his eyes than type a reply.

 

‘You know you liked it Donghae hyung. So thank me instead.’  

 

‘Fine, it’s cute. He’s cute. Thanks. But don’t do it again.’

 

He chuckled then put his phone besides him before succumbing to sleep. 

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

A/N : Okay, basically nothing special happened in Jeju. Cause I don't know what to write about Jeju. Hahaha!