Chapter 16: Bittersweet

Game On

Game On

Bittersweet 

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

“What? What happened?” Donghae mouthed silently as he watched Hyukjae’s eyes widen every second. After talking on the phone for a few more seconds, Hyukjae finally hung up but was too frozen to talk to Donghae. He was just looking at the older.

 

“Hyukkie, what’s wrong?” Donghae asked cupping the said man’s face.

 

“Hae, n-noona’s coming.” He whispered. Donghae smiles.

 

“Is that why you look like you just saw a ghost?”

 

Hyukjae nodded. “But Hae, noona’s coming here. All of them. They’re on their way to the hotel now.” He said rapidly. “Oh my god they’re on their way already, we need to go back now Hae. Hurry….”

 

Donghae who was being pulled by Hyukjae just chuckled but he pulled the younger softly, stopping him from his track.

 

“Hyukkie, calm down. Why are you so afraid? Nothing’s gonna happen okay, baby?” That made him stops immediately.

 

“W-what did you call me?”

 

“Baby.” Donghae smiles, caressing Hyukjae’s cheeks which turned redder than ever.

 

His sisters call him baby all the time but hearing it from other people, from Donghae, his boyfriend is just different, in a good way. He likes it, a lot.

 

“We’ll go back to the hotel now okay? Don’t worry, your sisters are nice people. They wouldn’t do anything to you.” He kissed the smaller male’s cheek then they proceed to the car.

 

“Hae-ah, what are we going to do? What if they hit you? What if they shout at you again?” Hyukjae asked worriedly as Donghae started the engine to the car before pulling over the parking lot.

 

“Don’t worry Hyukkie, I’m a big boy, I can handle it.” He replied smiling reassuringly to calm the smaller male but it seems like Hyukjae isn’t buying it.

 

“But I don’t want what happened before happens again Hae. Oh my god what’ll happen if they know that we’re together now? OH MY GOD!” By now Hyukjae’s a mess, he’s not afraid of what his sisters gonna do to him, but at Donghae. His sisters don’t like Donghae, he doesn’t even know why.

 

Okay, maybe he does know why, but still! Donghae’s a nice guy!

 

Palming his face he keeps on muttering ‘Oh my god’ again and again and again.

 

Donghae stops when the traffic turns red and put his right arm on Hyukjae’s head rest while his other hand takes Hyukjae’s hands from his face.

 

“Baby please calm down. Are you afraid to tell them about us?” He asks softly. Though it hurts a little if Hyukjae doesn’t want to tell his sisters about them, but he’ll respect the smaller male’s decision. He’ll wait until he’s ready.

 

“No!” Hyukjae said quickly, looking at Donghae’s face. “I want, would love to tell them about us Hae. I really want to.” He added, caressing his boyfriend’s cheeks which earned him a smile and a peck on his rosy cheeks. Then Donghae went back to his driving because the light turns green again.

 

“But I’m afraid of how they’ll respond to it Hae. You do know that they’re not really fond of you, right?” Donghae nodded his head. “So you should be worried Hae.” He pouted.

 

Donghae chortled, side viewing Hyukjae.

 

“They hated you when they only met you officially once and now you’re my boyfriend they’re gonna flip! Why do you keep on smiling? This is a serious matter!”

 

Donghae laughed loudly, pinching the other’s cheeks.

 

“You just said that I’m your boyfriend.”

 

Hyukjae pouted. “And what’s wrong with that? Aren’t you my boyfriend?” He asked, crossing his hands on his chest.

 

“Yes I am baby, it’s just nice hearing it from your mouth.” Hyukjae softly hit the other’s arm.

 

“Stop making me blush Hae!” He whined. Donghae laughed more.

 

“Alright, alright, I’m sorry.”

 

Without knowing, they’ve arrived at the hotel and as soon as they entered the hotel’s gate, they saw Hyukjae’s sisters coming out from a van, with their baggage. Hyukjae widen his eyes.

 

“Hae, they’re here.” He whispered, ducking from the view of his sisters as Donghae's rented car went pass the van then went to the parking area. As soon as he stopped the engine, he side hug the frozen male.

 

“Hyukkie, calm down. Let’s go meet them okay?” He said kissing the other’s temple. Receiving a small nod, he opens the door of the car and went out, followed by Hyukjae. They both walk hand in hand into the lobby and once they spotted Hyukjae’s sister, they both took a deep breath.

 

“Relax Hyukkie.” Donghae said giving a slight squeeze on the said man’s hand. Hyukjae nodded his head and calls his sisters.

 

“Noona.” He muttered, Sooyoung who was the closest to him quickly turns her head.

 

“Hyukkie!!” She shouted, gaining a few stares from the other tourist and also the other girls who quickly made a run towards Hyukjae.

 

“Noona misses you!”

 

“You! What are you doing here?!”

 

“And why you holding hands?!”

 

“Hyukkie explain!”

 

I’m so dead!

"What do you do for a living?"

 

"What are your intentions with him?"

 

"What are your plans for your future?"

 

"How far do you plan on taking this relationship?"

 

"Do you plan on sleeping with him?"

 

"Do you plan on asking his hand in marriage?"

 

"Can I see your insurance and registration?"

 

"What are your goals in life?"

 

"Do you own a car?"

 

"Eeerr.." Each time Donghae wants to answer the question, the girls kept throwing him questions. He lost count, and Hyukjae who was sitting beside the flustered male just can’t take it anymore.

 

After Hyukjae pleaded the girls to settle the thing into his room, which is luckily empty since Sungmin hasn’t returned, the girls haven’t stop talking about it. He hasn’t answered any of their questions nor did he explain to him, and that was a legit 5 minutes into the elevator.

 

Why does my room need to be on the 9th floor?

 

As soon as they settled themselves inside the room, Hyukjae told them about what happened and Donghae quickly voiced out about their current relationship. It took a couple of minutes before the girls started being hysterical. Shouting about this and that, of how Hyukjae’s too young for a relationship in which Hyukjae quickly replied saying that he’s already 19, and that Donghae’s too old, again, Hyukjae interject  by saying that his boyfriend’s just 22.

 

Which lead to another argument of how the hell things went so fast? It was only two days that the siblings were separated and their little brother had already had a boyfriend. Hyukjae had too rolled his eyes at this. And after a whole 40 minutes of explaining and stuff, they came to this situation after the nine sisters see that they have to, must accept it if they didn’t want to see Hyukjae crying again.

 

“Hyukjae had let out too many tears because of this man.” Was what’s on the girls minds.

 

Well actually, he cried one time during the duration of the boys knowing each other, and technically speaking, Hyukjae cried because of the girls. But it’s still because of that guy!

 

"Noona! Stop it! He's just one person and there're nine of you." He finally snapped. Donghae wasn’t even given the chance to speak and he knows if he didn’t interrupt them, they wouldn’t let the older male to even breathe.

 

“Well he’ll just have to deal with it!” Taeyeon hissed, glaring at the male sitting beside their baby. Donghae would’ve been dead long ago if looks can kill, especially if you’re receiving it from 9 different girls.

 

“He’s in a relationship—” Sooyeon nearly chocked, she can’t believe she’s already saying that word to her baby brother now. “—with you, so he has to deal with us.” He finished, which the other girls agreed to by nodding their heads together.

 

Scary sisters are scary.

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes at his sisters. Donghae on the other hand can’t help but smile at Hyukjae, he silently touches Hyukjae’s back to comfort him and calm the smaller male down.

 

“I’m sorry again if you find our relationship a surprise—” Insert the girls scoffing. “—but I am honest when I said that I like Hyukjae. Our feelings is mutual.” He said looking into Hyukjae’s eyes in which Hyukjae smile so brightly to Donghae.

 

“Still doesn’t answer our questions.” Sunkyu said sharply. Donghae nodded his head.

 

“As you may know, or not, I’m a mechanic. Well part time mechanic, I’m the owner of ZE workshop and so is the ZE Company—” Though the girls was surprise, they tried to hide it. “—like I said before, my intentions with Hyukjae is pure, I want to make him happy. I want to be with him always. Well, my future had been planned ahead of me, not that I mind, I’ve always wanted to make my parents proud and I’m going to be crowned the CEO of ZE Company in a few months from now.” He answered without hesitation.

 

It was true, since he was a little boy, his parents had already planned everything for him and he’s an obedient son, plus he doesn’t want to break his parents’ heart. Being the only son of the Lee family, Donghae was not given much option. He had been trained on how the be the best CEO and he’s prepared for it.

 

“So you mean you lied to Hyukjae? To us?” Joohyun said.

 

“Noona! He never lied, he was a mechanic and yet to be the CEO so he never lied.” Hyukjae interfere.

 

Just then the door to the room was opened, revealing an exhausted Sungmin who quickly straighten his posture after seeing so many girls and Donghae inside his room.

 

“..Hello?” He said waving a little.

 

“Sungminnie.” Hyukjae walks towards Sungmin. “This are my sisters, Minnie. Noona, this is my friend, Lee Sungmin.” He said pointing to the girls who was suddenly quiet and was looking at Sungmin when suddenly…

 

“Oh my God you’re so cute!”                  

 

“Kya!!!!”

 

What the heck?!

 

My sisters have officially lost it.

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬