Chapter 1: Twins (Knock Out)

Game On

Game On

Twins(Knock Out)

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

It all started in a small village near the Gyeonggi province, lived a married couple that had been married for 7 years but never had the chance to have any children due to the wife's disability. But that didn't turn them down on believing. They keep on wishing for a miracle and one day, that miracle happened.

 

The couple was in their house. Just enjoying a peaceful day together. The husband had a day off of his work at the butcher while the wife had always been a housewife. That morning when the wife was watering he plant and the husband was sitting down on the yard reading his daily news, an old woman walk passed their house but then falls down infront of her. Both people ran to her direction, offering their help.

 

"Omo! Are you alright?" The wife said, holding on to the old woman while her spouse was picking up all the stuff that had fall from the basket that the old woman brought with her.

 

"I'm alright young child. Thank you." She smiled, a couple teeth missing. The couple smiles back then bring the old woman to their yard and sat her on the chair.

 

"Where are you going grandma?" The husband asked, settling down on the other chair while the wife runs to the kitchen to get some water for the old woman.

 

The old woman smiles, shaking her head side to side. "I'm just walking around the area." Was the reply. The wife came with two glass of milk. Putting each glass infront of the old woman and the other infront of her husband before sitting down on the vacant chair.

 

"I've never seen you before grandma. Are you from here?" The woman asked, smiling. Again, the old woman shook her head. The couple looked at each other, confused, when suddenly the old woman chuckled.

 

"Take this young child." The old woman said, handing the couple a small seed. The husband looked at the seed, to her wife then the old woman who was still smiling.

 

"Take it as my thanks for helping me just now. This stuff here is really important." She said holding on to her basket.

 

"T-thank you grandma." They both said bowing lightly when the old woman stands up and walking ahead, but then turn around to face them again.

 

"Oh! I almost forgot. In five months when the seed grows, you.." Pointing towards the wife. "-need to eat the fruit. One fruit can produce two miracles. But remember; don't ever cut the fruit into half. Goodbye, and good luck." She said then walked away.

"I can't believe this, you're actually pregnant." Said the doctor in charge. He had been their friends and the one who was checking on the wife constantly. Hearing the news, the couple smiles.

 

"Really?" The husband asked, holding on his wife's hands tightly. The doctor nodded. They look at each other, beaming.

 

"Honey, we're gonna have a baby!" The husband said, pecking on her cheeks nonstop while the other nodded, eyes b with tears. 'Thank god!' They both exclaimed. It all was all thanks to the old woman who gave them the small seed. Just like what the old woman said, after 5 months when the seed was fully grown, the wife ate the fruit and now, she's pregnant.

The hallway was empty, only the sound of a woman screaming can be heard. It had been months since the day they received the happy news and now they're inside the labor room. Few hours later, a loud cried can be heard. Not one, but two of them.

 

"It's a twin!" The nurse said. Exclaims of happiness can be heard.

 

"My babies." The wife said, clearly exhausted after hours of battling for her dear life and her babies. "Our babies." She said, looking at her husband who was crying silently. He looked at her then mouthed a 'Thank you' before pecking her lips.

 

"Mr. Lee, we're going to take the babies first and we'll clean Mrs. Lee now. You can wait outside for a while." The doctor said, patting the man's shoulder. He nodded, kissing his wife's forehead who had fallen asleep before walking out of the room.

 

Few minutes later a single bed was being wheeled out and his wife who was still asleep was on it. He followed the nurse until they reached her designated room. Not long, two nurses came with the babies in their arms. The husband smiled, taking one of the baby in his arm while the other baby was place inside a baby bed beside his wife's bed.

 

"Thank you." He said to the nurse who smiles.

 

"You're welcome. We'll be back later to take the babies for further check-up. Congratulation Mr. Lee." She said and the both of them bow before leaving the couple alone with their babies.

 

"You're so beautiful, just like your mother." He said looking at the child then to the other inside the baby bed. Seconds later his wife woke up.

 

"Honey, look at our babies. They're both so beautiful."

 

"They are." The wife smiles, looking at the baby in her arm that her husband just holds. "What should we name them?"

 

Both look at the babies in their hands before saying out the names they had chosen.

 

"Taeyeon."

 

"Sooyeon."

4 years had passed and now they have 9 baby girls. It was all thanks to the seed that they got from the old woman. Each year, the wife will eat one fruit and they'll have twin girls nine months later except for the last time when she gave birth to three babies. They named their children Taeyeon, Sooyeon, Sunkyu, Miyoung, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Joohyun.

 

It was a rainy day and the family was nestled inside their house. It had been 5 months since the mother gave birth to Sooyoung, Yoona and Joohyun.

 

"Umma, here's the fruit." Taeyeon said smiling brightly. "Thank you Taenny." The wife said kissing the tip of her daughter's nose. Just when she was about to take a bite of the fruit, her babies, Sooyoung, Yoona and Joohyun's crying reached their ears.

 

"Umma'll be back k? Your sister is crying." Said the mother and her children nodded their head. When their mother when into the room, Sooyeon poked her sister's cheek.

 

"Unnie, lets help umma cut the fruit. It'll be easier for her to eat it that way." She said pointing towards the fruit on the plate. Taeyeon nodded her head.

 

"You go then, I'll watch the others." She said, looking at her dongsaengs. Sooyeon nodded her head then take the fruit and cut it into half.

 

"Umma!" She said when her mother came back from the room. "Here, Yeonnie cut this for you." Sooyeon said smiling brightly, her tooth was showing.

 

"Oh wow! Thanks baby. I'll eat it now." She said then eat the 1st half of the fruit. All of a sudden, the rain outside went even heavier, together with thunder and lightning. Her babies were crying and she was trying to calm them down. The other half on the plate went unnoticed till it disappear. The tree outside of their house went dead. Never producing any fruit anymore.

"What happened?"

 

"I-I don't know. It was just fine yesterday."

 

"Maybe the rain yesterday destroyed it." The husband reasoned. The wife looked at the tree sadly, nodding her head.

"Congratulation Mrs. Lee, you're pregnant again." The doctor smiled.

 

"Oh!" The wife exclaim, quite surprise because she didn't expect to be pregnant again. She remembered she only te half of the fruit. The husband on the other hand smiled. 

 

"Thanks doctor. I'll never get tired of that news." He exclaim, hugging his wife.

 

They were on their way home in the bus when the husband notice is wife had been quite since they left the hospital.

 

"Honey, what's wrong? Are you not happy?"

 

"I am dear."

 

"Then what's wrong?"

 

"I'm just wondering. You know, I only ate half the fruit yet I'm still pregnant. I thought I won't get pregnant if I didn't eat the whole fruit." She explained. Her husband looks at her.

 

"Uhm.. Well, we should be thankful. We're gonna have another baby!"

Things weren't how they expected it would be. Nine months later the wife gave birth to a healthy baby boy who they names Hyukjae. But exactly five days after she gave birth, the wife died without any specific reasons. The last words that she said to her daughters were to take good care of their little brother. Not long after, the father died of depression leaving the ten Lee children to live under the care of the doctor who had been helping the family.

12 years later

 

"Noona!" Little Hyukjae shout from inside his house.

 

All nine girls instantly run towards their brother. "What? What happened baby?!" They asked, looking worriedly at their brother who was crying softly.

 

"Hyukkie can't do this!" He said pointing to his books. His sisters sigh. They thought something bad happened to their little brothers.

 

"Let me help you okay?" Joohyun said, looking at the book Hyukjae was holding. The other eight girls sat down near Hyukjae who was doing his school work on his bed.

 

"Aigoo.. Your writing's still Hyukkie." Sooyeon exclaim, earning a head slap from Taeyeon and glares from the other girls. Hyukjae look at her then to his books.

 

"Help me to write like noona then." He said and Sooyeon smiled. "Okay baby!"

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

Edited 1/11/15