chapter 3

Again and Again ...

 

“Minyoung-ssi!” Ms. No Name called you.

“Wae?” you asked, without looking at her.

“Don’t you dare to flirt with Dujun. He’s mine!” she said with a serious voice.

“Oh, really? Well, you don’t have to worry about that. I’m totally not over him. He can be your godfather, FOREVER!” you said and left her dumbfounded. Bora followed you behind.

“Yahh~ Wait for me!” Bora shouted. You just realized that you have left her quite far behind.

“Sorry,” you said once Bora arrived at your spot.

“Yahh~~ How can you walked so fast?” she asked, gasping for her breath.

“It’s my habit to walk fast whenever I felt not good,” you replied.

“Wae?” she asked again.

“Why what?” you asked, puzzled.

“Why you feel not good? Because of that No Name?” Bora asked. She also started to call her No Name.

“I don’t know,” you replied. Frankly, you also didn’t know the reason.

“When you said you’re not over him, did you really mean that?” Bora asked seriously.

“I d... don’t know,” you stuttered. You felt all the blood was rushing to your face right now.

“You like him?” Bora asked with a smirk.

“I just don’t know,”

“Minyoung-ssi, do you know where’s Dujun?” Hyunseung asked.

“Nae?”

“Where’e Dujun?” he repeated.

“I don’t know. Why?” you asked. Somehow, your heart was beating faster than usual.

“Shoot! We can’t find him,” Gikwang said.

“Why don’t you call him?” you suggest.

“He didn’t bring his phone today, I guess. We have tried it millionth time but nobody answered,” Dongwoon explained.

“Why don’t you ask No Name?” Bora suddenly said.

“No Name who?” Yoseob asked but Junhyung elbowed him. “Ouchh!”

“She meant his cousin,” you explain.

“Arasseo, anyway thanks. We’ll call you if anything happen,” Hyunseung said and left. The others followed.

“They’re good friend, right? Always together,” Bora said. You just smiled. Your brain was working hard to find reasons why Dujun didn’t picked up their calls. He just sent you a message just now.

 

To : Godfather

Where are you? Your friends were looking for you.

 

From : Godfather

I’m on the rooftop. Please don’t tell them and if possible, can you come to me? :(

 

To : Godfather

Nae?? But why me? Why don’t you call No Name?

 

From : Godfather

Just because.

 

To : Godfather

Well, I’ll find a way. I’m with Bora right now.

 

From : Godfather

Arasseo~~ I’m waiting up here.

 

 

“Who are you texting with?” Bora asked.

“Nae? Errr.. Nobody,” you tried to hide it.

“Okay!”

“Bora, I think I left something in the class room,” you pretend to find your ‘lost thing’.

“What is it? Let’s go and get it,” she grabbed your hand.

“Wait!”

“Wae?”

“It’s you parents car, isn’t it?” you pointed at upcoming car.

“Yeah! I wish I could help you,” she said, upset.

“It’s okay. I’ll get it by myself. I’ll call you tonight,” you said and smiled. The situation just become like what you wanted. At least you didn’t have to create a thousand reasons to her.

“Okay then. I’ll go first. Annyeong!” she waved and run to the car. You waved back and when you’re totally sure that she’s gone, you walked towards the rooftop. You didn’t know why but your foot leads the walk.

 

*****

 

“Oppa! She’ll coming, right?” No Name a.k.a Soomin asked.

“I guess. Anyway, thanks,” Dujun said and smiled to his cousin.

“Anything for my oppa,” she said and winked.

“Soomin, why don’t you go home first? Your parents must be worried,” Dujun suggested.

“Okay. I’ll go. Annyeong” she said and left Dujun alone but a few seconds later, she came back, running.

“Oppa! She’s here!” Soomin said.

“Nae? Really?” Dujun didn’t believe with what Soomin said.

“She’s coming. Where should I hide?” Soomin asked. She’s the mastermind of this plan. If Minyoung saw her, she’ll be dead meat!

“There, behind the ventilator,” Dujun pointed at the huge ventilation hose. It’s big enough to hide Soomin’s small figure. Without hesitation, Soomin ran and hide behind it.

“Dujun! Are you here?” Minyoung shouted.

“Here!” Dujun answered. Minyoung walk towards the voice and found Dujun, sitting alone on the rooftop.

“What the hell are you doing here? Everybody was worried about you!” Minyoung let out her anger. Soomin chuckled but it wasn’t loud enough to be heard by Minyoung. Dujun chuckled inside. His heart was blooming!

“Hey! Calm down. Here, sit,” Dujun patted an empty space beside him. Minyoung sat a bit further.

“Why don’t you picked up their call?” Minyoung asked. She looks upset.

“I just want to be alone,” Dujun replied.

“Then why’d you asked me to come here,”

“Well. I j... just want to spent time with you,” Dujun stuttered.

“Mwo?” Minyoung asked, totally surprised!