Soonyoung

The Stories of Us

 

You loved Soonyoung and He loved you. You guys had this aura of radiating love that even strangers could feel when they walked past you two. The way he would hold you, play with your hair, cuddle, tease, and kiss you were the things that you cherished very deeply. You guys have started dating since you met at a library. You were there to study for a final and he was there ‘trying’ to study. Though, he was being obnoxiously loud and he would silently scream at literally every page of his textbook saying, “What the heck, we didn’t learn this!” and cry or he would be like, “Oh my god, I’m going to fail.” and place his head in his book. Yet, you remembered that for at least 20 minutes, it got silent and you were curious so you looked up and there he was staring and admiring. You couldn’t tell if he was admiring you for how you looked studying or just how you looked, period.

 

:::::::::

 

You woke with blood dripping down your nose once again. You hated how almost every morning you would have to change the sheets of your pillow and wash the blood stains out of them. You never told a soul about these incidents and you wouldn’t plan on it considering that you might die of most utter embarrassment.  So once you cleaned yourself up, took medicine, and got dressed, you hopped out of your house and walked over to your boyfriend’s house, Soonyoung.

 

Once you got to his house you took out your spare key and unlocked the door. You knew that his parents felt comfortable with you walking in and out of their house, considering that you’ve been dating Soonyoung and you stayed over for a long time now. As you opened the door quietly, you heard Soonyoung’s mother.

 

“Yeobo, are you home from work already?”

 

“Nope it’s me.” You responded loud enough for her to hear.

 

“Oh, Good morning Darling, I’m sorry that I called you Yeobo, I thought you were my husband.” She said while drying her hands wish a rag.

 

“No worries, Ms. Kwon.” You smiled. You always admired how strong Soonyoung’s parents love for each other grew every day. You knew that your love story as well was growing, and it would never stop even if you did hit major road blocks.

 

“Okay good, If you’re looking for Soonyoung he is still asleep, but I can trust that you will wake him up nicely am I correct?” Ms.Kwon winked.

 

You laughed nervously and didn’t know what she actually meant so you just nodded your head and proceeded to head upstairs to his room. You knew exactly where his room was, walk straight down the hall turn right and it was the last bedroom at the end of the hall. You twisted the knob and poke your head inside quickly, quietly, and cutely.  You tip toed your way in and stared at his perfect complexion. You slightly smiled and sat at the edge of the bed tracing your fingers along the stitching of the blanket. You continued to appreciate the blanket by tracing your fingers over it when suddenly a hand was placed on top of yours. You changed your perspective and saw Soonyoung awake but still had a glint of showing he wanted to sleep in his eyes.

 

He gripped your hand tighter and pulled you underneath the covers, “I love it when you visit me in the mornings.”

 

“Why, because I don’t disturb your sleep with the Gwiyomi song on repeat and actually wake you up because the vibrations of the bed moving due to someone who goes full out with the motions?”

 

“Exactly why.” He turned you over so that you faced him. He gave you a kiss on the bridge of your nose and hugged your waist tightly.

 

Then, the worst thing happened, your nose started to bleed. Quickly you jumped off the bed shocking Soonyoung for a moment and luckily you didn’t stain his pillow or let him notice before you did. You rushed down the hall to the bathroom and quickly locked the door shut before anyone came in. You quickly wiped your nose while looking in the mirror. After you cleaned yourself you just stared at your complex. You were pale, had dark eye circle, and your face got a bit skinnier.

Did I actually look like this? Was my appearance that juristically different? Could you notice I changed from the month before? Your thoughts were clouding up but all vanished once you heard a knock on the door and the rattling of the door knob.

 

“Are you okay? What happened?” You could tell he was panicking.

 

“I-I’m fine.” You meekly said.

 

“Let me come in.” You looked at the door and then at all of the red stained tissue papers scattered across the marble sink counter.

 

“Not Yet,” you replied frantically shoving them into the garbage, “Hold on.” Then you walked over to the door and unlocked it.

 

Soonyoung stepped inside, “What happened? All of a sudden you ran out of the room and I heard the door slam; which, by the way, gave me a mini heart attack. Are you alright?”

 

You hummed, “Mhm, p-perfectly fine.”

 

Soonyoung looked at you for a moment, “You’re lying.”

 

You raised your eyebrow and looked at him, “And if I was, how would you know?”

 

“Because you stuttered, and you aren’t the top liar here on earth either, so.” He stated simply. He looked around he spotted something on the ground; you looked toward it and he pointed to it, “Ha, are you on your period?” You bit your l your lip and groaned.

 

“I’m not on my period, Soonyoung.” You walked over to the bloody tissue paper and picked it up to throw it way. When you opened the trash lid, you saw Soonyoung’s  expression as it reflected on the mirror.

 

He walked up to the trash can and opened the lid, “So, care to explain this?”

 

“It already explains itself.”

 

“Well why can’t you just tell me? God, honestly you’re making this harder than it already is!” He told you obviously annoyed and frustrated.

 

“Well obviously it’s a big deal to me!” You yelled.

 

“Why, if you had a bloody nose you could’ve told me! It doesn’t have to be a big deal between us!” His face was red with frustration, that is until you spoke, then it vanished.

 

“Well it should be a big deal because that is a side affect of Leukemia.” At that moment you started to cry.

 

Soonyoung’s face got soft and he stared at you, “Love, does that mean-“

 

“It means I’m dying.” You didn’t even have the strength to even look up at him at all.

 

Soonyoung step toward you and softly lifted your head and stared into your tired eyes. With his thumbs he wiped your tear stained cheeks and leaned into kiss you. He kissed you deeply but slowly as if you were so fragile that you could break at any moment, “You should have told me sooner.” He told you as he rested his forehead against yours.

 

You started to cry as silently as you could, “I’m so so sorry Soonyoung.”

 

“Its okay, this sickness—we could fight through it together.” You finally had the courage to actually stare at him, but it all crumbled when you saw that he looked vulnerable.

 

He was crying.

 

You grabbed his face and pulled him in for another kiss that was deep, but not gentle at all. You were savoring every moment from that day on because, honestly, when you get the treatments you won’t have the strength anymore.

 

Soonyoung embraced you. It wasn’t just a strong embrace kind of thing it’s those hugs where the girl wraps one arm around the boy’s neck and the other around his head. While the boy is hugging the girl’s waist with an arm and the other is lost in the girl’s hair; with his face also caving into her neck.

 

You stayed in that position for about five minutes until he told you that he would never leave you.

 

Too bad you couldn’t promise that aswell.

 

::::::::

A couple of months later, the boy who would dance to the Gwiyomi song in the morning stopped dancing. That same boy never socialized like he did before. When strangers walked by him, there was no radiating love, but he was just a lost boy who they occasionally bumped into.

 

Soonyoung,

                My love, even when I’m gone smile because out of everyone I know, you are the one who deserves to be happy. You are my sunshine and that will never change.

 

::::::::::::

AW, I killed you off  :o

I’m sorry for you have waited a couple of days for this -_-

Support me by subscribing and commenting!

p.s. Please comment I feel so lonely T.T