Hansol ~ part one

The Stories of Us

 

You’ve almost always seen Hansol either rapping or dancing. You have always admired him whether it be on his talents or his personality. Hansol was that guy who knew 2 languages, was very coordinated with his body movements, and was very kind hearted. You noticed how loving he was when you first saw him read a book his little sister Sophia. That’s when you two just came to be. That’s when you two clicked.

Flashback to when you and Hansol were merely five; each out on a park bench, eating a Popsicle on a hot summer day, his was blue and yours was red. That day was special, that day was the day that Hansol told you that he was leaving America to move to where his dad used to live, South Korea. Though, you weren’t paying attention to all the details because honestly, you were a five year old who was very observant with nature and with blue sticky liquid that ran down the side of your best friend’s mouth.

Now, you really wish you had been more immersed in that conversation with him because, quite frankly, that was the last time you heard from him in 10 years.

:::::

Your alarm clock rang earlier today that it had all year and you wondered why. Though, you couldn’t believe how you had forgotten that, today—today was your best friend’s birthday. Or, well, used to be in this case.  Even if you and Hansol haven’t conversed in roughly 10 years, you still celebrated special events that you did when he was right by your side.  You walked over to your calendar and saw the highlighted, circled in red sharpie date. Today was February 18, 2013 and your best friend had just turned 15 years old. You smiled and grabbed your backpack whispering to yourself every minute or so saying, “Happy birthday, Twix.”

Once you had grabbed your backpack you rushed to the moving truck to see that everyone was already in the car getting ready to head off to the airport to catch your flight to the Gangnam province located near the Han River… In South Korea

::::::::::

“Thank you for flying with Korean Airlines and I hope you enjoy your stay here.”

 

“Ugh,” you stretched as looked around the almost empty plane, “Crap, why didn’t the wait for me.” You muttered under your breath. You grabbed your belongings and headed off the plane, bowing to all of the pilots and flight stewardesses you saw. Once you were finally out of the tunnel that connected the plane to the Airport, you spotted your family grabbing their luggage.

 

Your older brother spotted you and unplugged one of his ear pieces out of his ear, “Have a nice nap?”

 

You smiled and then punched him in the shoulder, “ you.”

 

Your brother ruffled your hair, “Calm down, no need to be a potty mouth.” With that, he walked away to go get the rest of your family’s belongings.

 

It’s so great to be home, you thought to yourself. Then, your mother’s face pops into your mind as she tells you to hurry your over to the check-out counter because you are holding the whole family up.

::::::::::

Once your family got to the new house, you and your brother played this really cute game where you push each other out of the way to claim the 2nd largest bedroom in the house after the master’s bedroom which was preserved by your parents.

 

You lost and you got a ‘Sardine Can’ as your brother calls it. It was a petite one at that and even your parents admitted it, saying the things like, “You get what you get.”

 

After you got situated in you new sardine can, you changed into a muscle tee-shirt tucked inside of high waisted denim shorts.

 

“Omma, can I go out to the convenience store and then stop by the dance studio after?” You shouted at the top of the staircase’s railing.

 

“Sure, just bring your phone and make sure it’s not silent this time!” She yelled back from the Kitchen.

 

That was that, you put on your toms and headed out the door only to be faced such nice beautiful spring weather. You looked around and took note of all of the birds in the sky and what kind of figures the clouds in the pure blue sky made. That is until someone wearing a Marilyn Monroe shirt bumped into you. Before you could give the speech that went along the lines of, ‘sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going’ he left you hanging.

 

It’s  fine, he probably had somewhere to go. At least I wasn’t going to get or…  At that moment, you started to pat your pockets hoping that he didn’t pick pocket your phone or wallet. Good thing it was still there or you would’ve done some moves on him that you learned in Karate…

Or not because you quit before class even started so, yeah.

:::::::

 

Once you got a red Popsicle from the convenience store, you sat on a park bench and thought of all those moments that turned to faded memories. The memories went like, when you were four and played outside, or the time when you and Hansol ate the popsicles.

 

Looking down at your red popsicle your eyes started to water and then you shook your head, “Nope, not going to cry, not now, and definitely not over him. I won’t cry because, because,” you choked up and continued to speak to yourself, “He obviously won’t remember me after ten years of silence.” And then, like a vase being dropped, you broke.

 

Once you pulled yourself together, you noticed that your popsicle melted on your hands and so you threw it away and wandered a bit to find a bath house or a place that has a bathroom so you wouldn’t have sticky hands when you danced.

 

You found a strange building and saw that there was a bathroom sign that poked right behind a corner. You walked inside the building and headed toward the bathroom to wash your hands. Once you got into the bathroom it was surprisingly clean. After you were done, your feet lead you to a room that blasted RnB, Rap, and Techno.  You peeked through the foggy window and saw that boy, the same boy that bumped into you, the one with the Marilyn Monroe shirt. Though, you couldn’t make out his face for the window was blurry. For a moment it was silent and the boy disappeared, then, he showed up in front of the mirror once more to dance to what you believed was Wet the bed by Chris brown. The way he moved, the way his body one with the lyrics. You only knew one specific boy who danced like that and honestly, you had an epiphany because at that moment you figured it out.

 

“It can’t be, it shouldn’t be, but it has to be-“You got cut off when that boy who was dancing opened the door and asked you a question.

 

“Excuse me, but, who are you?”

 

You could feel your heart’s pace fasten, “Hansol.”

 

He stared at your face with a cold expression for a couple of moments, “You.”

 

Your expression changed, and then you thought, this is not Hansol because he looks so different. You stared at him once more and then he broke the silence.

 

“Well, why are you here?”

 

Your facial expression changed from shock to immediate frustration, “Yah, do you even remember me?”

 

He scoffed in your face and that blew you up, “Are you even Hansol? You changed so much!”

 

He stared for a moment and went closer to you until you could feel his breath, “Well, what’d you expect, you haven’t seen me in what 10 years and you still think I would be that little five year old boy?” He took a step back, “Come back to reality and wake up to see that I have changed over the years. Get over me, Miss.”

 

With that he walked back to the studio and slammed the door shut, blasting the music until it shook the building.

 

Well, damn. 

:::::::::

Woot Woot~ 

another one shot updated.

Please dont kill me for making Hansol a bit harsh but he will get better i promise :)

Please subscribe and comment to support me! 

Okay well, i think i will update part two some time this week so be patient :3