MingMing

The Stories of Us

          School was rolling in around the corner and that was the only thing that you dreaded your whole summer. It wasn’t like last year, though. Last year, you were happily enjoying school life with everybody that you knew when you were in grade school, but this year? This year you moved to a very rural school away from society and practically the whole earth’s population.

 

:::::::

 

“Wake up, you have to get ready for school!” Your mother yanked the blanket off of your body.

 

You started to whine and roll around in your bed, “Homeschool me, please.”

 

“Just wake up or there will be no breakfast for you.” Your mother walked out of your tiny room and walked to the kitchen, drastically making the sounds even louder.

 

“Kill me, just kill me now.” You told yourself as you made your way to the bathroom.

 

After doing your necessary deeds in the bathroom you quickly rush to your bedroom to put on your new, and might I add, ugly, beige uniform.  Examining yourself in the body mirror next to the door, you mentally gag and walk out of your room. I will never get used to it. As you walked to the kitchen you saw that the table was cleared, “Where’s the food?”

 

“I put it away.” Your mother answered as she loads the dishes in the dishwasher, “You should have been faster.”

 

You groan inwardly and grab your backpack, “Fine, I need to be skinnier anyway.”

 

“That’s not what I meant, darling.” Your mother stopped.

 

You turned around and stared at her, “Oh, but it is. It always is.” Your stares began to harshen at the sudden changed of topic. The stares were mad, as if they were having battles and your mother’s stare was the first to drop out, “Mom, I am not the body type that society wants, so in the end, taking away the food is just a stamp for ,’Get skinny.’ And you know it.” You looked away with your backpack slung over one shoulder, “I gotta go, or else I’ll miss the bus and have to walk to school, and you’d love that wouldn’t you?”

 

You were putting on shoes and once your hand was on the door knob your mom started a statement, “I love-“ but before she could finish her sentence you were off, “-you.”

 

::::::::

 

          The bus stop was 3 blocks away from your house and it was quite chilly considering that you were only wearing your blazer. You stopped walking in front of the stop sign and waited till you could see the yellow, old vehicle pull around the corner.  It pulled up in a screechy manner, but you have heard much worse, so once the doors opened you climbed aboard and let your eyes roam around for any empty seats. Everyone was looking at you and you couldn’t help but feel covered in scars. You would continuously ask if the seat was taken but they would all shake their heads and say, “But, I think it would be a bit too tight.”

 

You would nod in agreement, but you knew what they meant. And so you proceeded to the back. The boys howl with laughter in their conversation of something that came up on the screen of one’s phone; laughter dies down as they feel a new presence.  One older looking boy looks up with one eyebrow raised, “What.”

 

“I-is there an empty seat that I can take for the ride to school?”

 

The boy looked around and your eyes followed as well. Both of you spotted an empty one and just as you were to go up and sit down the boy threw his bag on to the seat, “Sorry we’re full.” You furrowed your eyebrows and watched his movements, “though, I think your muscular legs can take standing for 30 minutes.” The boy looked at you with a cocky smirk and laughed with his friends.

 

Just as you were about to turn and find another seat, you hear a bag drop. You turn around and hear no laughter, but see everyone looking at the only male standing up, “She just wanted a seat, you bastard.”

 

Your eyes locked on to the stranger’s and he nodded his head to the now unoccupied station. You scurry over to the seat and play your backpack on your lap and stare out the window. After a couple of seconds the boys began to whisper and you felt a weight sit next to you. You turn your head and meet the boy again. You look at each other with poker faces until he breaks out into the world’s most beautiful crooked smile, “I’m Mingming, nice to meet you.”  You give him an awkward smile and introduce yourself to him, “Don’t be so uncomfortable, if I’m here and they are there, I’ll make sure they don’t give you two cents of their polluted minds.”

 

You smile once more and thank him.

 

Just a minute ago you hated this town. Yet because of one simple action you might actually fancy it.

 

:::::

Once again, i have come bearing a new oneshot! So sorry for the long wait, i actually went all over the world for about a month and a half and school just recently started so yeah. I love you all so much! Keep up with the boys andwish them luck on the 4th season of seventeentv!