Wonwoo

The Stories of Us

3..

2..

1..

 You exhaled, holding on the railing that was behind you, “This should be easy right? I mean, how hard is it to jump off a 50 story building and fall to your death?” You started to whisper to yourself. How bad could your life really be to result in suicide?

::::::::::

You looked to the setting sun that was directly in front of you. You closed your eyes and started to hum the theme song of your favorite anime movie. You loved how Spirited away told the story about a young girl who had to overcome fears and really grasp who she was before everything she once loved turned into a dream. “This is it, no more hiding, I have to do this.” You looked around once more to make sure there wasn’t anyone who was watching. But, right at the corner of your eye you saw a very slim boy with dark hair. He was pressed coolly against the brick wall just staring at you. His aura made your heat stop. He was watching me and not even going to ask me what I was doing? This jerk!

 

The both of you had a staring contest based off of pure awkwardness. All of a sudden he stood up straight and walked to you with his hands in his pockets. Once he was next to the railing, he bent over to rest his arms and looked toward the sunset. Then, he his chapped lips and spoke, ”Annyeong. “

 

You were taken aback. His voice was lovely and so was his face, he had his school uniform on and so did you. You looked at him and noticed that you two went to the same school. His name was Wonwoo, Jeon Wonwoo. Though, he spoke to you, all you could muster up was, “Eh?”

 

He looked at you and smiled, carefully grabbing your hand nearest to him and guiding you over the rusty railing. Suddenly, your knees felt weaker than they were on the edge of the building, it was like your body was prepared to die but it didn’t so is sent mixed messages to your brain. But, before you fell, Wonwoo grabbed your hand again and led you to the stacks of bricks in the middle of the roof. He let you sit and he just watched you.

 

“Do you need anything?” You spoke.

 

Wonwoo was taken aback by the sudden question, “Huh? No.”

 

“Then why are you here?” you looked down.

 

“I just wanted to clear my head for a bit.”

 

You looked up with a confused face, “You wanted to clear your head so you went to a…Roof?”

 

“Yeah, well, I mean this is my favorite spot. I love to feel so high and yet still be connected to the earth somehow.”

 

You shook your head in an understanding matter and continued to ask a question, “Why didn’t you-“

 

“What is this 20 questions? I should be the one asking you questions but no, you want to know why this place is my freaking hideout.”

 

Your eyes widened, “I’m sorry I didn’t-“

 

“Were you going to commit suicide?”

 

You were actually hurt by how easily it rolled off of his tongue, you couldn’t even think about it without crying, “No.”

 

“Don’t lie to me,” he squinted closer to your ID and read your name aloud, “______. I know that you were going to.”

 

I’m not going to cry, I’m not going to cry, I’m not going to--- . You started to whimper and since you couldn’t hold it in any longer you started to bawl. You felt a warm embrace around your body and for the first time in a long time, you felt safe.

 

“Please don’t cry, you don’t even have to answer my question, here, ask me more questions!” You started to laugh in his chest and he felt a heavy weight lifted off of him. You see, Wonwoo was never fond of when girls cried, or any one for that matter.

 

You came up with a story that evolved into a question, kind of like Pokémon, only not. Anyway, you got off his chest, wiped your tear stained face and looked at him, “I’ve had some queer memories, would you like to hear some?” You waited for his approval and you continued, “Well, I was 5 years old when my parents got divorced. At age 8 my mother became addicted to and heroin which resulted at age 10, her funeral. I was sent to live with my aunt who loved me with all her heart, but her husband barely acknowledged my presence. At age 11, I was hit in the face by him for the first time. Just around the corner was when I became a teenager, that was also the day where I got by my uncle,” you laughed coldly at the memories, ”From the age 14 I moved out of the house to stay at my best friend’s. I was so grateful, yet from then on I decided to cut, burn, and cry every night just to make things a little better.” You looked at Wonwoo, whose face had an unreadable expression, “So tell me, you think you have the audacity to even ask why I wanted to commit suicide?”

 

“I didn’t know-“ He stuttered.

 

“Oh save it lover boy,” You looked at him with an irritated yet tired expression, “Just leave so we both can finish what we wanted to do in the first place.”

 

Wonwoo went closer to your face and caressed it in the palm of his hand making you stiffen, “I refuse to leave you now, or ever. I will not let a beautiful girl waste her precious life on her past memories.” Your eyes started to water but you held it in, “You need to let the past go, okay? If it makes things any better, I’ll be glad to help you. Just please, promise me you won’t leave the face of this earth today. I’ll come back tomorrow, okay? I am going to suspect you in the exact same spot.” Wonwoo leaned in and kissed your cheek. He then stood up and walked away. Once he left, it was like he was never there; though his touch and his warmth still stayed.

 

“Hm, maybe fate has planned something else for me,” you told yourself, “That .” You smiled, dusting off the chalk on your skirt from the bricks.

 

::::::::::

 

GUESS WHO BACK, BACK AGAIN

Sorry, I just had to!

My loves thank you for waiting for me!

 So tell me, should I continue their relationship in the future or just leave it as it is?

Comment below to tell me what you think and Subscribe!! 

I love you!