You'll find me in the lonely hearts

Homewrecker

I sat in the plush chair of the traditional Korean restaurant, the air conditioning making me a little cold. Calming music was being played, the décor was classy and only people talking in low tones were in here. I knew this restaurant was going to be expensive. But hey, he could afford it. There was no way he could drag me out to eat at a street stall, or a loud family restaurant. I would have actually been offended. I hate cheap things.

I took a sip of my water and picked up my menu.

“I hope you don’t mind me calling you Taemin. But I want us to talk informally to each other since we’re going to be working so closely with each other, and it feels weird to formally ask you to get me an Americano or to buy me more socks.”

I giggled at his words which made him smile.

“You order for us…Lee sunbae.”

“Ani. That sounds so horrible. Try again.”

“Mmm…. Onew sunbae?” I said, grinning at the playfulness of his tone.

“No, I don’t like that. Still too formal.”

“Onew ahjusshi,” I said.

He pretended to be offended and threw down his napkin as I giggled in my fist.

“Yah, punk! I’m only a few years older than you! How dare you call me ahjusshi!”

“I don’t know, most ahjusshis have children and are married!”

“You ungrateful child. How are you going to succeed in advertising if you don’t know how to up to your superiors?”

“Tsuso-imnida, Onew hyuuuuunnggg,” I called in my most sweetest voice.

“I thought so,” he said as he pressed the button for the waitress to come over.

He ordered a stew, and a beef grilling seat. I couldn’t wait. I was salivating from the smell that was wafting off the other tables already.

“That’s a pretty bracelet,” he said.

“Thanks. My umma gave it to me. I never take it off,” I replied, the wooden beads.

“Have you got any brothers or sisters?” he asked.

“No. I’m an only child.”

“Me too!” he beamed. “It was boring, wasn’t it? I always begged my parents to give me a dongsaeng. I guess that’s why I wanted you to call me hyung so badly.”

“Really?” I shrugged. “I wasn’t lonely. Me and my umma only had each other so she gave me a lot of attention."

He smiled in understanding and I knew he got the message that my father was not in the picture.

“Where are you from, Taemin? I was born and bred in Seoul, were you?”

“No,” I said, pausing as the waitress set the stew and the meat down. Onew started to fiddle with the gas pipe for the grill on our table. “I’m from the Kangwon province. I moved up here to find a job and send back money for my umma.”

Once I again I studied his face to see if he understood what I was saying. Kangwon was a poor province. I was telling him that I used to be dirt poor. Sure, there were rich people in Kangwon, but if I had been rich I wouldn’t have needed to come up to Seoul to get a job. Only poor farmer kids did migrating to big cities for little jobs like mine.

He smiled warmly at me as the flame of the grill started up. “I’ve never been to Kangwon. In fact, I don’t know think I know anyone from Kangwon. What is it like?”

He didn’t get it.

What could I say? Poor? Backward? A hole which I couldn’t wait to leave? The only good thing about Kangwon was that my umma and uncle still lived there.

“It’s really quiet. The town I lived in was very close knit, everyone knew everything about each other. Very boring and serene, just like most countrysides I guess.”

Onew nodded. “Do you miss it? Do you go back often?”

“I don’t miss it. I go back every solar New Year to see my umma though.”

 

 

The food was great, and the wine was flowing. By the time we finished our meal and were stepping outside of the restaurant, I was a tiny bit tipsy.

“Hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnng,” I giggled, clinging onto his arm as we walked into the carpark. “You have totally taken advantage of me. I’m going to be drunk when I get back to work.”

He chuckled as he put his arm around my waist. I smiled and leaned on him, he was so warm and strong. Was I…pulling him in? Was I seducing him?

I stumbled and swayed a bit and realised why he had an iron grip around my waist. It made me giggle even more when I finally understood it was because I was walking unsteadily. God, Lee Taemin, you are a mess! Pull yourself together!

I giggled again at me scolding myself sassily. Sassily! That was such a funny word.

“You can’t hold your alcohol very well, can you Taemin? I haven’t heard a girl giggle as much and as loud as you,” he teased.

“It’s all your fault!” I accused as I put on my seatbelt in his car. “You should know not to order such a big bottle for only two people. And you kept refilling my glass instead of yours. I’m only 19, that was too much for me.”

“Excuses, excuses. My darling, when I was your age I could drink like a fish. I’m disappointed in you, dongseang. Looks like we have a lot to teach you before you can call yourself a man.”

I thought my cheeks were aching with the amount I was smiling. He called me darling!

I was his darling.

 

 

I danced around my apartment in the evening, full after the pasta I cooked that Key had shown me how to make.

I unlocked the door when I heard someone knocking on it, knowing it was Joon from the text he had sent a few seconds ago.

“Hey Taemin,” he smiled as I bounded up to him and squeezed him tight. I tilted my head up and let him kiss me, exploring the familiar mouth and taste.

After getting back to the office I had sat in my desk the whole day and tried not to giggle at the pictures on the internet and had to restrain myself from sending mass emails to the PAs to tell them all I was drunk. The buzz had worn off around late afternoon though, and was all gone by the time I hopped in the taxi to go home.

“How was work today for you?” I asked after we broke the kiss.

“It was great. I got a new client. He asked for me especially! I don’t know why,” he asked, sounding amazed.

“That’s because you’re really good at your job,” I said. “I’ve seen you do your presentations. You’re so different, all passionate and excited and hardworking.”

Joon is really hot when he works. When he’s with me, he’s quiet and sweet, and I like that. He just wants to cuddle, and treat me like I’m precious. But when he’s at work, he’s a whole new person. That’s why I liked him in the first place.

 

I remember that I had the task of collecting all the mugs in the meeting rooms and washing them, when I had heard someone talking really excitedly about something. The people listening would laugh sometimes, and murmur agreements.

I snuck over to the room, looking in through the glass walls from the side.

My eyes widened when I spied a really, really good looking man standing at the head of the table pointing at the slideshow.

He had dyed brown hair at the time, and his suit fitted his slim form perfectly. He looked like a doll. When he talked, his expression looked like he was really enjoying himself, and his smile was really beautiful. It made his face look kind, happy, confident. He was the ray of sunshine in that room.

He made a joke, and the people sitting down on the table laughed as I giggled quietly too.

I asked another PA whose hands were filled with mugs who he was- Lee Joon sshi, someone who originally worked in accounts but he was fast climbing his way up to be a partner because he was so good at presentations. Sooo hot, but unfortunately, he was taken.

Hearing that, I was now sure that I had to have him. I had to have him wanting me. I wanted him.

“Next week Tuesday, same place, same time?” said Joon, and the others all nodded as they packed up.

“Okay,” I had whispered.

He seemed to be presenting some weekly report about how much profit the company was making, and what he thought had made the company gain or lose money.

“I see that the Kim clients agreed to sign with us through your recommendation,” said my boss, who was chuckling at a joke that Joon had made. “Lee Joon-shii, I really must talk to you in my office later today, arrasso?”

I waited until everyone else had gone out and Joon was by himself packing up his things.

I walked in and pretended to be shocked that he was still there.

“Omo! I’m sorry,” I said quickly, bowing. “I didn’t know you were still in here.”

“It’s okay, it’s okay,” he said, waving his hand as he filed away his stuff. “I don’t mind.”

He didn’t even look at me the whole time I collected the coffee mugs and teacups. I wanted to hit him.

 

The next Tuesday I did the same thing, except I made sure I looked stunning, skinniest black jeans on, my hair dyed a brilliant orange and skin glowing with the help of concealer.

Still nothing. He never looked up from putting away papers, or clicking away on his laptop.

 

It wasn’t until the end of the month that I had given up hope. Maybe he was straight. I sat outside on the cramped fire escape, eating my lunch and drinking the coke from the vending machine like I did everyday. I was also upset because I had been too scared to ask my boss if I could take tomorrow off as I had to go to the dentist, and now I was scared that if I asked him he would be angry at me, but my tooth really hurt.

I held the side of my jaw and let a few tears slip out as my tooth started throbbing and caused the entire side of my face to hurt.

“Are you okay?” asked a soft voice that I had only heard loudly, confidently and merrily before.

I looked up to see Lee Joon.

He sat beside me. “What’s wrong? Did something happen to your family?”

I shook my head, not wanting to open my mouth since it would aggravate my tooth and wiping away my tears.

“Did something happen with your girlfriend?”

I pouted at the pain and quickly shook my head.

“Is something happening at work?”

I didn’t nod or shake my head.

“What’s wrong?”

And he put his arm around me.

I didn’t know that Joon had a giant soft spot for quiet, young looking things like me at that time. But somehow at the end of lunch he had convinced me to tell my boss straight away, convinced me to stop drinking coke every day and I had a date I could bring to the dentist the next day. And the rest was just natural, a hug and kiss for being brave at the dentist, lunch time dates, meeting after work…

 

 

“I’m so lucky,” I told him as I watched him pirouette across my living room to the song I was blasting.

“Why baby?” he asked he spun like the ballerina he was pretending to be.

“Because you love me,” I said.

“A+,” he smiled, wrapping his arms around me. As he held me I thought about Onew. Did I want to let go of this for that? Joon was  perfect for me. He’s amazing and sweet and my longest relationship yet. I found a pot of gold with Joon. There’s no way that Onew could be better than this, and there’s no way I could be lucky enough to find a life better than this.

As I held on to Joon and we started kissing, I didn't know why I wanted Onew at all in the first place. I already had someone. Onew could give me a life like this, and better if he tossed his kids and his wife away for me. But Joon could too. They are the same, essentially. I didn’t even know Onew. Why would I lose Joon when I really did like him?

I decided to forget Onew. I didn’t need him. I have Joon. I shouldn’t and couldn’t think about anyone else but Joon when his hands are travelling up my sides and tugging my shirt off and I’m wrapping my long skinny legs around his waist as he picks me up and heads to my bedroom.

 

 

A/N I keep imagining Joon's happy and cute face and I'm like D: i don't want to break his heart in this story! D:

In other news, guess who has an exam in two hours...and guess who is on aff, facebook and tumblr....and guess who is depending on fluking and writing in her exam.... did y'all guess me? well done...because I'm certainly not acting like i have an exam soon O.o i feel like I'm on holiday, in fact :/

 

Thank you for reading! and please tell me what you think! :D