And love, it never happens like you think it really should

Homewrecker

 

It was Tuesday. Just one more day and I would meet Onew! I was so excited, yet so nervous. I think I was almost dreading it.

I moved into my new desk yesterday. I was still sorting it out today. Made sure there were four pens next to my keyboard, four colours of sticky note in the sticky note dispenser. It was beautiful.

All this hard work needed a break. I decided to go and make myself a cup of tea.

I didn’t really have any work to do since my new boss wasn’t here yet, so I pretty much could do nothing. I went into the staff kitchen and poured myself some tea from the thermos into a mug. Blowing on the scalding hot tea, I slowly tiptoed back to my desk so I wouldn’t spill it and to try use up time.

“ Lee Taemin-shii?” yelled someone really loudly. I thought this place was empty! I jumped at the fright.

Big mistake.

It was like watching a slow motion movie. Watching the mug slip sideways in my hands and the brown steaming liquid slosh to the side of the mug, to flow over the lip…

.. and all over my hands.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh!”

I screamed in pain, my hands on fire as I dropped the mug. I turned around to try get to the sink, anything to relieve the burning in my hands, wanting to tear my skin off but it felt like my hands were being-

SMASH.

I slammed into the refrigerator, my nose bending on impact. I felt it squish forcefully against the fridge. For a moment it was like my nose was in shock.

I whimpered loudly as I fell backwards. I fell on my bottom, my hands not willing to break my fall. My nose started to throb and I was going to whimper loudly again but someone grabbed me around my waist effortlessly and pulled me into a standing position, pretty much carrying me to the sink. I whimpered in relief as the person my hands into cold water, supporting me from behind.

As the fire in my hands cooled, the fire in my nose was building with each throb. I wanted to reach up and rub it, but I knew I had to keep my hands under the tap.

I looked up who it was that had hurt me and helped me.

Holy .

He’s beautiful.

You know in the movies when the main character sees his love interest for the first time? How the background music fades to just silence because the beating of your heart is soundtrack enough? All I could see was a smooth cheek, brown hair. A smooth white cheek I wanted to rub my own against, it looked impossibly smooth and soft.  Brown hair that silkily travelled to the nape of his neck, where I wanted to bury my head in, close my eyes and be comforted by shampoo. It was like he was oozing some sort of aura that got my heart racing, some sort of electricity that was pulsing into my blood and making me want to just shrink back into him, that made me feel safe yet excited at the same time.

He turned his head to look at me, his eyes meeting mine.

All I could do was stare back with my eyes and mouth wide open. This was.. this was…

“Lee Taemin-shii,  you’re bleeding..”

I closed my mouth to taste a hint of salty rust, blood.

“Omo!” I said, going to take my hands out of the water. My nose was bleeding.

“Don’t! Not yet!  Please keep your hands in the water. I’m so sorry, Lee Taemin-shii,” he said, letting go.

He let go. I felt a pang of nostalgia already. When was the next time he was going to hold me?

He grabbed some tissues off the table and came back. He reached out and cupped my chin. I let him touch me even though I normally didn’t let strangers touch me.

The saying only my boyfriend is allowed to touch my face rang through my head for some reason.

He tilted my chin up and started dabbing away, pressing to try staunch the flow. I flinched as he pressed against a tender spot.

“Sorry, I’m so sorry,” he said remorsefully in that rich voice.

“You’re… you’re..”

“Lee Jinki, but please call me Onew. I’m so sorry again, Lee Taemin-shii.”

“You’re not supposed to start until tomorrow..” I gasped as he kept pressing tissue against my nose.

“Yes, but they asked me if I wanted to come have a look around for a bit since I was in the area and show me how to get into the building. I saw my new office, and I was walking back when I saw you here. I got excited and called your name since they let me see a photo of you. I’m so sorry Lee Taemin-shii.”

“It’s okay…” I said, still looking wide eyed at him.

“I couldn’t believe it when I saw your photo! You looked like a model! And when I saw you, you looked even cuter than the picture. I am so lucky to have such a good looking assistant.”

I gave him a shy smile as he smiled warmly at me.

Wow.

He looked so nice when he smiled.

“And here I am, ruining your good looks and hurting you. What a good way to make a first impression. I owe you one, okay? For this, you can do whatever you want with me.”

“I can’t feel my hands,” I informed him.

Oh way to go, Taemin.

I drew them out of the water and patted them dry. My hands felt numb from the cold water.

“I think the bleeding’s stopped,” said Onew gently, dabbing here and there.  “I hope your nose isn’t broken.”

“I’m sure it’ll be fine,” I said softly, still looking at his face, trying to soak it all in. There was a silence as we stared at each other.

“I have to go,” said Onew equally softly. “But I feel so guilty about all of this. Will you be alright? I promise I will make it up to you. If it hurts you should take some paracetemol and go to the doctor. You should ask to go home.”

“Okay,” I said dumbly, nodding.

“I hope I see you tomorrow Lee Taemin-shii,” he said, giving my cheek a little with his thumb, flashing me a smile and walking away.

 

 

A/N The tea we're talking about is korean/chinese/japanese tea which is just some dried leaves with boiling water :) i don't think I've had proper english tea like with milk and a teabag.......ever. I've had asian style milk tea... but not english tea. One of my food resolutions: have english tea haha.

I think I've watched too many asian dramas lately when my mian character gets a nosebleed when they first meet their partner. Haha!

Please tell me what you thought and subscribe if you haven't :)