They call me homewrecker

Homewrecker

"Hello," I said to the PAs that was manning the door to the venue of the company's annual mid year dinner.

"Hi Taemin-shii," one of them replied, taking my work card and ticking me off. "You look so handsome tonight. If you ever want to take me out, it'll be fine by me..."

The other girl giggled. "Don't be silly! Taemin oppa would want to take me out, right oppa?"

I giggled with them. "Oppa? Sujeong, you're my noona. And as much as I know you girls want boyfriends, I already have one," I sang.

"Good thing you didn't bring him, Taemin. I think Jung ahjusshi would have a heart attack," joked the girl, calling our boss with the nickname we used. "Have fun tonight! Eat and drink lots! Lets every won we can out of ahjusshi!"

"He would have a  heart attack if he heard you calling him ahjusshi!" I laughed. "And I will! See you in there!"

I didn't need to bring my boyfriend. He was already in here, within the chattering crowd as waiters weaved in and out. It was funny seeing the people I saw at work all dressed up and smiling, for once.

"Taeminnie!" said a familiar voice.

I smiled when I saw Joon, looking handsome and smooth in a suit waving me over.

I straightened my own blazer jacket as I walked over, trying to look as poised as I could. I sat down in the seat next to him.

"Mi young, you remember Taemin-shii from last year?" asked Joon, talking to the woman, his wife, on the other side of him.

"Neh, nice to see you again Taemin," said Mi young, bowing.

I bowed back. "That is a pretty dress you have on, noona," I complimented.

 I had to admit, Joon's wife was very pretty. She was a bit plain, but her plainness added to her innocent doll like look. But I'm prettier... your husband thinks I'm more prettier than you... he wants me over you...

"Thank you," she said. "You look so handsome, just like last year."

"Taeminnie!" called another voice from behind, and I turned around and froze.

"Hi Onew hyung," I said, plastering on a fake smile as I zoned in on the person hanging off his arm that I had already seen in photos.

"Hi Taeminnie! Yeobo, this is Lee Taemin, my cute assistant. Taemin, this is my wife, Lee Taeyeon."

Taeyeon? Taeyeon? Damn the even had my name. 

We both bowed politely at each other.

"You are even cuter than Onew described you as!" she squealed. "You are adorable! Jinki never stops going on about you!"

Well, that was something.

"You are very pretty noona," I complimented back.

"Are these seats taken?" asked Onew, motioning to the ones next to me.

I shook my head, and to my horror they took their seats.

 No. Not only was I to be tortured by my boyfriend's wife but my crush's wife as well? This was going to be hell. Joon and Onew were going to meet each other. 

Oh my lord I was going to have to be smarter than ever in this situation.

I panicked a little as Joon and Onew introduced themselves and shook hands in between me. 

I tipped my head back and downed all of my champagne in one gulp.

"Bravo Taemin," said Onew, staring at me.

"I was thirsty," I covered.

 

 

I shouldn't have worried. It wasn't like Joon was going to say or do anything inappropriate with Mi young right beside him. In fact, it was going great. Onew and Joon seemed to be competing to who could coddle me better. I smiled in glee as their wives were starting to look bored.

"Here Taemin, this tofu is great," said Onew, spooning some onto my plate.  "I'll give some to you so you can wait until it cools down and no one else can take it."

"Thank you hyung," I said.

I could see Joon's jaw twitch at Onew. 

I smiled at Joon.

He bought up his napkin and started dabbing at my mouth.

"Lucky I caught that Taemin," he chuckled. I chuckled too, knowing that there wasn't anything there.

"Gomowo, Joonie hyung," I said.

"Look at that, your lapel's sort of tucked in," fussed Onew. "Let me get that for you." He fiddled with my collar, straightening it out.

"I didn't see that, thank you hyung," I giggled.

"Yah Jinki, people will think Taemin is your date instead of me if you keep coddling him," complained Taeyeon. "I'm sure Taemin doesn't like being treated like a child by you."

"Sorry Taemin," apologised Onew. "I hope I'm not being annoying."

"You can never be annoying hyung," I answered, looking into his eyes to try convey my sincerity. He smiled back.

"He's just saying that because you're his boss," laughed Taeyeon. "Aren't you, Taemin?"

"Ani, noona, hyung is not being annoying at all," I denied.

Taeyeon laughed. "I'm sorry Taemin, I know," she said before winking at me.

I didn't like that she winked at me, like we were friends. You wouldn't be winking at me if she knew what I was thinking about her husband. She wouldn't be winking if I got what I wanted.

 

 

"Glasses!" yelled the guy at our table, and I refilled all their glasses with soju before mine. This had to be the  fifth time! this guy really wanted us pissed.

"One shot!" yelled the men around him and we all threw it back down.

I made a face at the taste as the soju ran down my throat.

"Okay, Taemin?" asked Joon.

"I think I'm probably on my way to drunk," I told him. "It hasn't hit, but it'll hit soon."

I fanned myself. The steam from the bbq was really getting to me. "I think I'm going to step outside for a while," I announced.

"Whoa, whoa,"  Joon and Onew chorused as I got up and the room tilted. I stumbled, both of them shooting out of their seats to grip an arm.

I giggled. I really was popular tonight! I fanned myself pathetically as I got red from not only the heat but the attention. I was on fire! I giggled at the pun. Was that even a pun?

"I want to, I want to go out to the deck," I said.

"I'll take you," said Joon immediately.

"Oppa!" complained Mi young. "You said you were going to dance with me. Let Onew shii look after him."

"What?" Joon said, looking annoyed at Mi young. "I'm the one who offered, you can't just push it to Onew-"

"I'll take him Joon-shii, it's fine," said Onew. "I'm his boss, after all."

They had a staredown as I bit my lip to stop myself from crazily smiling.

"Let Jinki take him Joon-shii," Taeyeon broke in. "Dance with your wife. I need to touch up my makeup anyway. Go take him for some fresh air, Jinki, get some water in him. I don't think we're gonna stop drinking any time soon."

I really tried to stop myself laughing as Onew wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Come on Taemin, let's go upstairs, I think there is a balcony there."

 

 

"Wow, the stars are so pretty," said Onew as we stood on the balcony. I leaned against the railing.

Onew looked so hot tonight, lit up against the flickering candles out here. His hair had been tousled ily, and his suit made him looked broad shouldered and slim.  I suddenly really, really wanted to touch him.

Like always, alcohol made it better.

"Onew hyuuungg~" I pouted, turning up my aegyo and reaching out my arms. "Hug me Onew hyung!"

He laughed, probably a little buzzed himself as he hugged me, rubbing my back as I closed my eyes and rested my cheek against his shoulder contentedly.

"You should make a wish Taemin," said Onew.

"Okay," I agreed. "But it's a whispered wish, okay hyung?"

"What does that mean?" he asked, his thumbs the small of my back and then I knew, I knew it would come true.

"It means that I have to whisper it in your ear. And you can't tell anyone what I wished for or your wishes will never come true."

"Where did you learn that, Taemin?" he laughed.

"Will you let me?" I asked him. "And you'll tell no one?"

"Okay."

"Pinky promise."

He laughed as he bought his hand to entangle our pinkies together for a second.

"Okay! Onew hyung!" I announced as I threw my arms loosely around his shoulders,  bringing my face closer to the side of his head. I could smell his hair product and his aftershave, fresh manly scents that made me want to bury my face into his hair. I decided not to.

"Onew hyung," I whispered into his ear. A slight cold breeze picked up, and I shivered in anticipation. Onew gave my back another reassuring .

"I wish....I wish you would kiss me," I whispered.

I felt him stiffen as what I said was digested.

"T-t-tae.."

"Kiss me," I whispered. "Please kiss me."

Not that I gave him a choice as I started giving little soft kisses against the side of his face, slowly travelling from the skin near his ear to my goal, his lips.

“Taemin, are you-"

I kissed him on the lips, flicking my tongue to get him to open up, and to my surprise, he did.

His lips were so soft, and I internally sighed as he put more force into his kiss, forcing me to go along with his flow and submit to him.

“Taemin,” he said breathily, his hands cupping my face as he rested his forehead against mine. “Taemin, how drunk are you right now? Are you only kissing me because you’ve had too much soju?”

I closed my eyes and leaned in, wanting more. “I’ve wanted to kiss you… ever since I laid eyes on you..”

I tried to move forward to claim those lips again but his thumbs stopped me, pressing against my lips. I whimpered in disagreement.

“Taemin, this is very wrong. I have a wife and a child. You can’t get anything out of this Taemin, I’m warning you now. We’ll never be a couple.”

“I don’t want your wife and child. And I’ll never tell if you don’t. All I want is you…”

“Taemin, I want you so badly too,” said Onew, kissing me quickly. “Bu-“

“I like you, you like me,” I whispered. “And that’s all there is to it. Don’t beat yourself over things that haven’t, and won’t, happen. Just enjoy the moment…”

If you had told me this time last year that I would be kissing one of the hottest guys I had ever seen in my life in a swanky Seoul restaurant rooftop underneath the stars and in candlelight I would have run away from you.

But I think this is the happiest night of my life.

 

 

A/N Aaagh! 4 more days until Taemin turns 20! and four more months until I do too aaaaarrrgghhh! Damn we are getting old, aren't we Taeminnie '''(

As always, tell me what you think! :)